Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fans are to Blame..........

RedSunday

Just like any other business, if the main motivation is money then it will ultimately fail. The fans made this franchise, the current ownership has failed to build this team around the game and it's fans and I can see that the natives are restless and so they should be.

Danny is arrogat, ignorant and does not give a damn what we think but, his 10 and counting years of losing and stubborness to follow the same old failed policy will be his legacy. THIS WILL BE THE WORST ERA OF OWNNERSHIP this once storied franchise has ever weathered THANKS DANNY YOU SOB

Thank you! That man is doing everything he can to win. He spends the money for players, coaches, and what ever it is we need. Dan Snyder deserves a SuperBowl trophy just for all the effort, money, and hard work he has put into this team. And now the morons complain because he makes money :doh:

You sir... well, nevermind.

Let me just say that I couldn't possibly disagree more with your statements and I believe that you are the type of fan that is crippling this franchise.

And our owner, Snyder, was at one time just like many on this board: a fanatical fan. Here is a prime example of what happens when a fan who thinks they know it all owns a team. They think they can do better. The results speak for themselves.

also a problem. As a fan, he was just as fickle as the rest of us. As an owner, he has that power to act fickle and have it play out on paper. I'm not entirely sure who is to blame for certain moves like Lloyd, Archuleta, and Duckett, but Gibbs probably has some blame there, if not a significant majority.

Fact is, after 2003, Snyder had to do something as big as bringing Gibbs back though to keep the fans happy.

At this point, am I willing to take a season or two hit, yes. I really can't feel any lower than I have in the 2nd part of this season anyways about this team. Of course this offseason is not the year to do that as we have few draft picks, so I think Cerrato has his one season to bring in some free agents and see what will happen.

a big fanbase is always fickle, the Redskins are no exception. When you have fans like ours, you expect a damn super bowl every year regardless of future success. As a result, you get the idea of not building, but acquiring until you achieve some semblance of success (2005, 2007). Then it all comes crashing down hard.

Take the Titans, they don't have that large fickle fanbase we do. They don't get as much press as us, sure, but the more press we get, the more negative press we also get. The Titans saw in 2004 that their cap situation was going to hell, so they purge. They don't resturcture, they don't ask for paycuts, they just flat out cut people.

They won 5 games that season. They win 4 in 2005. They win 8 in 2006, and 11 in 2007. All the while, their o-line is young, their team overall is young, they have great depth except for in the secondary, and are easily one of the top 3 teams in the AFC.

They built through the draft, bought some free agents in Vanden Bosch and Justin Gage, but for the most part, they were given time. Jeff Fisher is still loved down there regardless of his crappy seasons thrown in there.

Our fans indeed are a problem.

That's funny. I don't think the FANS gave up draft picks. I don't think the FANS have changed coaches 5 times in 10 years. I don't think the FANS brought in every washed up free agent from here to San Fransisco.

The only thing that the fans are guilty of is as the OP suggests buying into the Danny Snake Oil every year.

Everyone has and is entitled to there opinion. The people on the optimistic side believe it will be turned around just give it time, they are entitled to that. Those of us on the pessimistic side think Danny and Vinny have had more then enough time and we are entitled to that view. Therefore, it is clear that both sides are steasdfast in there position and will not change there minds, we just have to live with each other and tolerate a dissenting opinion. I think danny and vinny are clueless and we need real football people running this circus.

Everyone has and is entitled to there opinion. The people on the optimistic side believe it will be turned around just give it time, they are entitled to that. Those of us on the pessimistic side think Danny and Vinny have had more then enough time and we are entitled to that view. Therefore, it is clear that both sides are steasdfast in there position and will not change there minds, we just have to live with each other and tolerate a dissenting opinion. I think danny and vinny are clueless and we need real football people running this circus.

1. Vinny is a real football person (good one? maybe not).

2. The last real football people here fell all over themselves to get Brandon Lloyd and Archuleta here.

I, too, am getting pretty sick and tired of the "You're not a TRUE fan" sort. At the same time, the "everything is terrible" group is pretty irritating, too. All organizations reach high and low points. Hell, even the Lions were a good ball team once.

Am I a Dan Snyder/Vinny Cerrato fan? Not in the least; but I have a very hard time believing Snyder is trying to derail the Redskins. I think he's an young, overly zealous, "New Money", guy who loves this ball team, but doesn't quite know what it means to be a prudent, wise owner yet.

I, too, am getting pretty sick and tired of the "You're not a TRUE fan" sort. At the same time, the "everything is terrible" group is pretty irritating, too. All organizations reach high and low points. Hell, even the Lions were a good ball team once.

Am I a Dan Snyder/Vinny Cerrato fan? Not in the least; but I have a very hard time believing Snyder is trying to derail the Redskins. I think he's an young, overly zealous, "New Money", guy who loves this ball team, but doesn't quite know what it means to be a prudent, wise owner yet.

Someone with a sensible opinion. Not a Kissass Danny boy, or a sky is falling because of Danny. :cheers:

Get real... The Fans Fault? :doh:

Archived