Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Screw this Franchise and Dan Snyder (merged)

skins4eva

Trust me, I didn't even get past the first 3 posts. I don't know who you are, don't even care. If you're someone else bashing the team, same thing, go away. Being frustrated is one thing, I'm frustrated, but bashing the team, that's not being frustrated, that's being stupid. You call yourself a fan, yet you bash the team.

Now what was this clockwork about? Oh, it must be the fact that you nobodies always decide when things are bad to start going off on the team. That's the only thing that seems to be clockwork. Throughout my life as a fan of this team, I've always felt the Redskins had the best fanbase. Now with you jackasses, I know it's untrue. The Eagles are better fans than you.

Dude, we care about the team enough to hold ownership accountable for this mess. If you're going to sit back and let Snyder and Cerrato run this team into the ground, go right ahead. Don't you want whats best for this team? Do you actually think Snyder and Cerrato calling the shots is what is best for this team? Well, do you?

For those that are bashing the team, GO AWAY!!! The team doesn't need you and this site doesn't need you. Go cheer on Dallas you bandwagon fans. There will be not one of you that will admit to this crap if the team wins the Superbowl any time in the near future. So go and get your man crush on T.O. and Romo sits to pee and get away from the Washington Redskins' official message board.

I'll admit to it if they win the Superbowl because the only way that happens is if they stop doing the crap that I keep calling them out on. That's not going to happen though so this is a moot point.

I'll admit to it if they win the Superbowl because the only way that happens is if they stop doing the crap that I keep calling them out on. That's not going to happen though so this is a moot point.
Ahhh so, even if we have a franchise with players you can be proud of. That work together as a team. A team with a bunch of journeyman players that "fight their guts out" who make the playoffs with Joe Gibbs at the helm, and even make the playoffs during a season when they lose one of their own in tragic circumstances....it is alright to bad mouth the team?

That is the team we had with Joe Gibbs, yet people would incessantly call him out. Then we get a coach to replace him, and people do not even give him a year?! I can understand being upset with a lot of aspects of the team right now, but look at the thread title "Screw this Franchise...". Come on. Sparking interesting debate over some play calls or disagreeing with the way the team is run in some facsimile of an intelligent post is one thing, but when posters spew out things like "Screw this Franchise..." or "**** this team" the poster looses all credibility to me. I am a Washington Redskins fan. I am not a Clinton Portis fan. I am not a Vinny Cerrato fan. I am not a Dan Snyder fan. I am not a Jim Zorn fan. I am a Washington Redskin fan.

So much for the "skins4eva" name hmm? Just saying.... :silly:

What are you saying? Oh, let me guess--you're a much more loyal fan than me, right? You're a better fan...you support this team through thick and thin no matter what. You're the number 1 redskins fan, Blue Collar--does that make you feel better?

What amazes me about posters like you, is that if you really stopped to think about it, questioning anyone's fandom on a site called extremeskins with a poster who has been a member for 4.5 years and has over 4000 posts is ridiculous. It's infantile to start questioning people's loyalty. It also smacks of people who have no argument and merely watch this game without any critical analysis.

People express their frustration (frustration that has built over the last 17 years) in different ways. This thread is me expressing mine. If you can't turn a critical toward this franchise, too bad for you.

Ahhh so, even if we have a franchise with players you can be proud of. That work together as a team. A team with a bunch of journeyman players that "fight their guts out" who make the playoffs with Joe Gibbs at the helm, and even make the playoffs during a season when they lose one of their own in tragic circumstances....it is alright to bad mouth the team?

That is the team we had with Joe Gibbs, yet people would incessantly call him out. Then we get a coach to replace him, and people do not even give him a year?! I can understand being upset with a lot of aspects of the team right now, but look at the thread title "Screw this Franchise...". Come on. Sparking interesting debate over some play calls or disagreeing with the way the team is run in some facsimile of an intelligent post is one thing, but when posters spew out things like "Screw this Franchise..." or "**** this team" the poster looses all credibility to me. I am a Washington Redskins fan. I am not a Clinton Portis fan. I am not a Vinny Cerrato fan. I am not a Dan Snyder fan. I am not a Jim Zorn fan. I am a Washington Redskin fan.

Yeah, I don't really subscribe to the "screw this franchise" portion of the title. I'm more in the "Screw Dan Snyder" camp. I love the Redskins... hate Dan for ruining them.

Yes--it's not about loving the redskins (which I do)--it's about being disgusted with the direction of this franchise under Snyder.

i think people give snyder wayyyyy to much credit for the failings of this team. him and JC are the two scapegoats of this team.

meanwhile we have owners that refuse to pay money to bring in players to help their teams, move their teams across the country, or think about playing in canada.

Dan Snyder does what he thinks will help this franchise win, all those that say he's in it for the money or something along those lines are just making statements out of your ass. You don't know anything about Snyder's business practices, you just pretend to so that you can say things about it.

What he needs is someone to tell him where to throw all of that money and this year he gave Vinny a gig to be responsible for that. We had a respectable draft (that you can't judge after 1 year people, sheesh, call me in 3 and then we'll discuss "busts") and brought in two guys who are starting for the team.

Many of Snyder's cap killers were from Gibbs and the rest of the coaching staff. He just doesn't pick guys up without talking to his coaches. if they said no he wouldn't do it.

If someone asks you if you want a future HoFer with 12.5 sacks last year on your team because your first two guys went on IR for the season are you going to say no? is that a crappy owner?

how about when you have a perennial "flirt with IR" corner and you are able to go out and get a guy for 500k to come in and almost tie your team lead in turnovers in only a few games.

this year was the first future step we took forward in a long time. but because we went 6-2 our mindset went from rebuilding to worst franchise in history.

i am sick and tired of this fast food generation who needs to win now. that's the same ****ing mindset that got us to where we are right now.

What are you saying? Oh, let me guess--you're a much more loyal fan than me, right? You're a better fan...you support this team through thick and thin no matter what. You're the number 1 redskins fan, Blue Collar--does that make you feel better?

What amazes me about posters like you, is that if you really stopped to think about it, questioning anyone's fandom on a site called extremeskins with a poster who has been a member for 4.5 years and has over 4000 posts is ridiculous. It's infantile to start questioning people's loyalty. It also smacks of people who have no argument and merely watch this game without any critical analysis.

People express their frustration (frustration that has built over the last 17 years) in different ways. This thread is me expressing mine. If you can't turn a critical toward this franchise, too bad for you.

he is pointing out the irony of the situation, not calling out your fanhood.

i'm sorry if he hurt your feelings, here's a candy cane:doh:

i think people give snyder wayyyyy to much credit for the failings of this team. him and JC are the two scapegoats of this team.

meanwhile we have owners that refuse to pay money to bring in players to help their teams, move their teams across the country, or think about playing in canada.

Dan Snyder does what he thinks will help this franchise win, all those that say he's in it for the money or something along those lines are just making statements out of your ass. You don't know anything about Snyder's business practices, you just pretend to so that you can say things about it.

What he needs is someone to tell him where to throw all of that money and this year he gave Vinny a gig to be responsible for that. We had a respectable draft (that you can't judge after 1 year people, sheesh, call me in 3 and then we'll discuss "busts") and brought in two guys who are starting for the team.

Many of Snyder's cap killers were from Gibbs and the rest of the coaching staff. He just doesn't pick guys up without talking to his coaches. if they said no he wouldn't do it.

If someone asks you if you want a future HoFer with 12.5 sacks last year on your team because your first two guys went on IR for the season are you going to say no? is that a crappy owner?

how about when you have a perennial "flirt with IR" corner and you are able to go out and get a guy for 500k to come in and almost tie your team lead in turnovers in only a few games.

this year was the first future step we took forward in a long time. but because we went 6-2 our mindset went from rebuilding to worst franchise in history.

i am sick and tired of this fast food generation who needs to win now. that's the same ****ing mindset that got us to where we are right now.

I don't even know where to begin with this post. Snyder is the fast food generation you're criticizing. It is a terrible move to sign a potential HOF and mortgage your future by giving up 2 draft picks to get him. That's how you ruin a franchise. Synder has no patience--his win now mentality is why we are constantly mired in mediocrity, because he always believes we are one piece away from winning it all. As soon as we patch one hole, a bigger one gets exposed.

I don't even know where to begin with this post. Snyder is the fast food generation you're criticizing. It is a terrible move to sign a potential HOF and mortgage your future by giving up 2 draft picks to get him. That's how you ruin a franchise. Synder has no patience--his win now mentality is why we are constantly mired in mediocrity, because he always believes we are one piece away from winning it all. As soon as we patch one hole, a bigger one gets exposed.

QFT; It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.(nothing to do with dog fighting Mr. Vick) Synder's big money doesn't mean a thing when he keeps buying new wagons but old horses.

that's my point though this is what the fanbase keeps on saying and yet they keep on wanting to scrap everything pay a fortune for Matt Cassel/Haynsworth/etc.

and if you're tired of mediocrity then go root for another team. that's what the redskins are and have been for a while. this is what we are, you pretend to yourself that we're one player away from the good ole days, but we're not.

we're years of consistency away from having a solid foundation to build a winning team off of.

but all the "fans" want is to fire zorn, start colt brennan, and sing some other ridiculous guy.

if you don't believe me, read the board. if you want to indict snyder than maybe you should look at the fans of his team.

Anyone still holding season tickets should give them up. This team doesn't deserve our hard earned money. I've seen enough of Danny Boy's little regime to know that the problems with this franchise will NEVER be fixed so long as Snyder owns this team. It's the same crap year in and year out. I'm emotionally drained from watching this nonsense for so long. As fans, we need to let Snyder know that enough is enough. The best way to do this is to stop supporting him. If he stops making money, he'll sell this team. That's the only way out of this.

Beleive you me, great and noble idea. But if those fans in Detroit and Cincinnati, who I am sure have tried the same thing on there Board and had no success.. The answer will always be fire the GM or head coach. But in our case since Vinny is either Dans lover or has some very incriminating pictures, things are not going to change here.:2cents:

that's my point though this is what the fanbase keeps on saying and yet they keep on wanting to scrap everything pay a fortune for Matt Cassel/Haynsworth/etc.

and if you're tired of mediocrity then go root for another team. that's what the redskins are and have been for a while. this is what we are, you pretend to yourself that we're one player away from the good ole days, but we're not.

we're years of consistency away from having a solid foundation to build a winning team off of.

but all the "fans" want is to fire zorn, start colt brennan, and sing some other ridiculous guy.

if you don't believe me, read the board. if you want to indict snyder than maybe you should look at the fans of his team.

You're not understanding my posts. I WANT TO BUILD THIS FRANCHISE CORRECTLY FROM THE GROUND UP...i don't want to go out and hire free agent mercenaries for a season. I don't want to fire Zorn, I do want to go in a different direction re: the QB because we've all seen enough to know at this point that Campbell is definitely not the answer.

Go root for another team? Really? That's your contribution. So lame.

Dan Synder is even worse than Peter Angelo! And, that's telling!

How can one scew this once storied franchise so badly is unthinkable! The fans have been on the receiving end for over a decade.

Wish Jack Kent Cooke had never made provisions in his estate to sell the team to the highest bidder. I would much rather have Jaclk's son run the team than this moron.

Just a fact -- we have had the least amount of draft picks in the entire NFL ober the past 10 years. Why? Simply because of poor Front Office decisions/management. We keep trading the draft picks away for over the hill, underacheiving, on their last legs Free Agents.

Frankly, the Skins are joke! And, now rank at the bottom of the NFL franchises...

You're not understanding my posts. I WANT TO BUILD THIS FRANCHISE CORRECTLY FROM THE GROUND UP...i don't want to go out and hire free agent mercenaries for a season. I don't want to fire Zorn, I do want to go in a different direction re: the QB because we've all seen enough to know at this point that Campbell is definitely not the answer.

Go root for another team? Really? That's your contribution. So lame.

Why is campbell not the answer? it's been discussed ad nauseam or however you say it over and over and over.

he is part of the rebuilding process, he is part of the continuity of this team. he can win games, he has won games. he has 5 comeback victories this year. he made progress, he was doing well. then all of the sudden defenses caught on, we didn't adjust and now he's a bad QB who can't get it done?

building this franchise correctly does not start at that QB position my friend, it starts with those big uglies on both sides of the ball.

Why is campbell not the answer? it's been discussed ad nauseam or however you say it over and over and over.

he is part of the rebuilding process, he is part of the continuity of this team. he can win games, he has won games. he has 5 comeback victories this year. he made progress, he was doing well. then all of the sudden defenses caught on, we didn't adjust and now he's a bad QB who can't get it done?

building this franchise correctly does not start at that QB position my friend, it starts with those big uglies on both sides of the ball.

Thank you for the football tutorial. I'm well aware that a great team is build along the lines. When was the last time Vinny Cerrato drafted a lineman in the first round? On either side of the ball?

QB, however, is the most important position on the offensive side of the ball. Campbell is at best, a mediocre starter, he will never be anything more and that's not what you build your franchise around.

i used an "if" "then" statement

what's pathetic is not reading something then calling someone pathetic for what you think they said

But I am tired of mediocrity and I'm NOT going to root for another team--so you're "if then" statement is underinclusive and makes no sense.

QB, however, is the most important position on the offensive side of the ball. Campbell is at best, a mediocre starter, he will never be anything more and that's not what you build your franchise around.

take a look at the starting QBs on playoff teams and rethink your statements.

you and philsomethingorother can continue to challenge whatever you want, but if you're going to have threads that say "Screw this Franchise" then you're not the kind of fan that i want to be around.

peace.

take a look at the starting QBs on playoff teams and rethink your statements.

you and philsomethingorother can continue to challenge whatever you want, but if you're going to have threads that say "Screw this Franchise" then you're not the kind of fan that i want to be around.

peace.

Then feel free to leave the thread that I started...we won't miss you.

peace

Trust me, I didn't even get past the first 3 posts. I don't know who you are, don't even care. If you're someone else bashing the team, same thing, go away. Being frustrated is one thing, I'm frustrated, but bashing the team, that's not being frustrated, that's being stupid. You call yourself a fan, yet you bash the team.

Now what was this clockwork about? Oh, it must be the fact that you nobodies always decide when things are bad to start going off on the team. That's the only thing that seems to be clockwork. Throughout my life as a fan of this team, I've always felt the Redskins had the best fanbase. Now with you jackasses, I know it's untrue. The Eagles are better fans than you.

Is that you, Larry Michael?

Archived