Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Collins Next Week, IF

Ynot

Not sure what the harm is. Offense can't do any worse.

The harm would be the Campbell excuses next year: "JC hasn't got to play a full season yet, he needs another year".

No more excuses. Let JC finish the season, let us all see what he's made of and move on next season. (I've already given up on JC, but others may need 3 more excruciating loses).

So what would Collins playing for us for any reason other than injuries? Is he getting us to the playoffs this year? No. We are all but mathematically eliminated at this point. We had to win the Dallas or the Ravens AND our next three to get in. 10 wins wont do it. Is there a future with Collins? No. He is, what, 34? 35? Never been good enough to win a starting job and played int he same system for his entire 15 year career on the bench. So do we really think he would play anything like he did last year? I cant see it. I would rather see Brennan come in just out of curiosity.

Exactly.

Zorn may not see a lot from Collins in practice (and apparently Brennan is regressing) but you never know how guys are going to perform on Sunday until you give them a chance.

Zorn aint gonna make the switch....so you might as well leave it alone. Its impossible to judge the QB position when the offensive line is playing like they are.

THEY GOT BEAT BY A 2 MAN RUSH ON SUNDAY!!!

Collins had a career streak of a couple of games at the end of last season, which was way beyond anything he has ever done before, before he crashed back down to earth against Seattle. We caught lightning in a bottle there, and people proceed to forget all the so-so to downright crappy games he had in preseasons past. He is not the answer.

The SPARK that the team needs is playing the boy-wonder from Hawaii......(Todd Collins is in his last year in the NFL)......play COLT BRENNAN for the final 3 weeks. Oh, for all you folks that think it's a stupid idea to spark the offense by switching QBs: what is TRULY STUPID is how content you folks are with the current offense led by Jason Campbell, which cannot score enough points to beat teams even like Detroit!

And who cares if this would shake Campbell's confidence? Give me a break! What is more important.....the TEAM WINNING (or at least putting itself into a real position to win) or ONE player's confidence. I'd root on PEE-WEE HERMAN playing QB if the offense could start scoring more than 20 points per game for crying out loud.

There is about zero point in playing Collins at any time unless Campbell gets hurt during a game. Our season is over in three weeks, so what's the point?

But there IS a point in playing Colt Brennan for the final 3 games. Let the kid get some real NFL experience! Even if Campbell stays the QB for next season, don't you think it would be great to have the back-up QB with some NFL experience under his belt should Jason get hurt next season?

To everyone bashing the OP, this is not a bad idea. And I'm one of the biggest JC supporters. If we win out we will make the playoffs (banking on the fact that ATL and DAL don't run the table). The season's not over, we will take a spark any way we can get one. We've tried inserting new WRs and even RBs at times, why not try a new QB out?

This is all about adding a spark, We all want JC to excel, but if he is not against Cincy then lets give Collins that shot again to make another run for us. Then lets see what happens, if he does great, then maybe we need to look for a permanent change at QB. If he does just as bad or worse than JC then we need to look at not only the Oline if there are sacks and hurried passes, but maybe the Offensive play calling, the scheme and game plan...

This is all about adding a spark, We all want JC to excel, but if he is not against Cincy then lets give Collins that shot again to make another run for us. Then lets see what happens, if he does great, then maybe we need to look for a permanent change at QB. If he does just as bad or worse than JC then we need to look at not only the Oline if there are sacks and hurried passes, but maybe the Offensive play calling, the scheme and game plan...

You're missing the point.

If you just want a spark, put in Colt.

Collins' success was only because of Al Saunder's offense. End of story. The guy is a career backup, not good enough to start much of anywhere without Saunders. I didn't like signing him for big money because I figured Al would be gone and you don't throw money at a guy then take away the only reason why he succeeded.

If you want a 'spark' you put Colt in to 'see if you need a permanent change at QB'. If Colt succeeds, keep him in there and make JC try and fight to get his starting spot back.

If he can't do that, keep Colt in.

(I don't think this is a good idea, but its better than starting TC)

Archived