Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Collins Next Week, IF

Ynot

Collins learned Saunders system in the classroom and by getting some backup reps here and there.

In fact, JC probably got more practice reps as a starter in Saunders system than Todd did in 10 years as a backup.

Who knows? Maybe Todd already knows Zorn's offense better than JC.

If we can't move the ball against the Bengals, I say give the man a shot. The man helped Joe go out on a good note. And you don't pay a guy three million a year if he's only to be used in emergency situations.

If I was Todd, I'd be lobbying for a shot right now. And if the Washington Post didn't have a collective mancrush on JC, they'd be at least mentioning the guy in the bullpen right now.

I like JC. Easy kid to root for. Maybe he is our future. But desperate times call for desperate measures.

Super super thick...he came in last year because Campbell was injured... again how many times does this have to be pointed out...Collins was good because he was in a system he had been in for more than a decade so it all clicked for him. If you really think you stick in Collins now, who has less experience in a West Coast offense now than even Campbell does as a starter and he's just going to magically erase all of the problems...ahh what's the use..yeah put Collins in, bench Portis for the fresher Betts that practices, Move LaRon to Strong Safety, and start both rookie WR's bench El that should get it going.

Again, JC probably had more practice reps in Saunders system than Todd Collins ever did.

Maybe Collins was a product of the system.

But maybe he goes in and even in a different system, sees things develop quicker and compensates for our horrendous line.

You never know. If the offense continues to struggle against the Bungles, I think the man deserves a shot.

JC can handle it. Maybe it will help him in the long run.

Super super thick...he came in last year because Campbell was injured... again how many times does this have to be pointed out...Collins was good because he was in a system he had been in for more than a decade so it all clicked for him. If you really think you stick in Collins now, who has less experience in a West Coast offense now than even Campbell does as a starter and he's just going to magically erase all of the problems...ahh what's the use..yeah put Collins in, bench Portis for the fresher Betts that practices, Move LaRon to Strong Safety, and start both rookie WR's bench El that should get it going.

nonsense dude. lets forget about execution. lets forget about how Oline all of a sudden looks good with TC. sure, he knew the system, never excuted once in a real game... with all due respect, u know how retarded u sound? LOL

ok so u agree that TC made a difference because he knew the system right? so what was it that made the oline better with TC in there? timing, quick release, quick drop steps..... you catch my drift?

man, making it sound like its that easy. sure, he was in the system. forget about the execution.... amazing these are coming fro so called redskins fans. you would think these guys just learned football.

nonsense dude. lets forget about execution. lets forget about how Oline all of a sudden looks good with TC. sure, he knew the system, never excuted once in a real game... with all due respect, u know how retarded u sound? LOL

ok so u agree that TC made a difference because he knew the system right? so what was it that made the oline better with TC in there? timing, quick release, quick drop steps..... you catch my drift?

man, making it sound like its that easy. sure, he was in the system. forget about the execution.... amazing these are coming fro so called redskins fans. you would think these guys just learned football.

Do you know how retarded you sound? I dont think he was questioning that Collins may have been the better man in Al Saunders system.....he could have quick drop steps because he was WAY more comfortable in the system. If you think he would step right in right now in Zorn's system and not break every bone in his body.....your mistaken. This Oline would Kill him.

You're 26 effing years old, typing like you're 12, and have been on the idiot side of this Campbell conversation from the beginning. You don't know a god damned thing about how Collins played last year, you don't have a grasp on this situation, and YOU are the one calling people retarded?

Man, I don't want to get banned, but there are a LOT of words you deserve to read. You're just not worth it.

Here is the Thing about TC over JC, He made throws last year that Campbell did not. WHile TC was quaterback you heard announcers saying things like, he threw that to a spot and let the receiver go get it. He Threw that way before the receiver broke... TC can read defenses he knows where he is going with the ball before he even drops back...

Now have you heard anyone of these statements about JC.....

I would love for JC to work out, even the ball to Randle El on the sideline. He had to wait for the ball, Maybe that is why the OL is not holding up...He has to see the reciever in the open and not understand that the reciever will be open because he can read the coverage..... Do you ever see Campbell throw to the back shoulder to a WR down the sideline like, Payton, ELi, Rothlesbeiger, Brady and other top quaterbacks. Are those recievers open?

I agree the move should not be made to Collins. Put Colt in there and the rest of the rookie class for the last 3 games. Let's see what happens...oh, you say we might lose? Under the current offense we are a getting 1 TD and some field goals from a kicker who I think is hurt but they won't admit.

If this team is struggling in the first half of the Bengals game, then Zorn should at least give one of the other QB's on the team a chance to spark the offense; still though, we all know that's not going to happen. We could lose the rest of our games and even then Im not so sure Zorn would pull JC.

You're 26 effing years old, typing like you're 12, and have been on the idiot side of this Campbell conversation from the beginning. You don't know a god damned thing about how Collins played last year, you don't have a grasp on this situation, and YOU are the one calling people retarded?

Man, I don't want to get banned, but there are a LOT of words you deserve to read. You're just not worth it.

come down dude. im simply teaching u about what happened last yr. i was at fed ex when campbell got hurt and TC came in against the bears. u go to redskins games? u know where fed ex is? anyway,

back to what i was saying. Campbell got sacked alot last yr as well before he got hurt. against the bears, he couldnt do anything, gets sacked and is hurt. TC comes in with same OLINE. then our OLine all of a sudden looks good. TC knowing the system? nonsense kid. its because TC has the basics of what QBs should have which is quick release, quick drop steps, able to read defense and getting rid of the ball fast. it aint no coincidence man. why do you think this was the case rest of the reg season games? cause TC has something campbell doesnt. if u aint blind, u can clearly see that TC gets rid of balls faster with quicker release and drop steps.

Campbell is mediocre. it aint that hard to see. what transpired last yr is a classic ecample of what Campbell is.

Wow. It's clear that a lot of folks would rather lose with JC, than ever consider making a switch to Collins. I mean, I like JC too and hope he gets it going... but again, wow.

Its a pretty LARGE decision. If Zorn makes the move to Brennen or Collins...thats it. JC will NEVER play for this team again. It shouldnt be that way, but thats the way the league works.

Something deep down inside me is telling me JC is a good player. Im not ready for him to be benched and never seen again. I dont want to make that decision until he has more than a millisecond to throw.

Are you kidding.... I agree that Collins does not have the Zip Campbell has but Campbell seems to wait for the reiceiver to be open were TC actually reads the defense and throws to a spot on timimg.... Where That is why we talked about how bad the line was last year but the sacks went down with Collins hmmm... I wonder why..

I'd rather have Colt than TC.

Colt, if by some miracle he actually succeeded, would be a future for the team. We're not going to the Super Bowl, so playing TC is useless.

Don't bring up Tampa Bay, Tennessee or the Jets...they all have teams that could get into the playoffs and actually do damage. There's no point in putting an old guy in right now. This season is over, even if we were to make the playoffs we're not going anywhere. If we are to give up on JC (which would be a mistake) we should go with the younger guy.

:applause::cheers::applause:

Are you kidding.... I agree that Collins does not have the Zip Campbell has but Campbell seems to wiat for the reiceiver to be open were TC actually reads teh defense and throws to a spot on time.... Where That is why we talked about how bad the line was last year but the sacks went down with Collins hmmm... I wonder why..

exactly. this is simple footballl 101. i mean how that doesnt add up to anyone is beyond me. instead of throwing in stride waiting for someone to be wide open..... u know how many more seonds of difference we are talking about ? its mind boggling how some of these fanboys do not uderstand this. ....it all eventually comes down to release of the ball, how long a QB holds the ball and so on.

Its a pretty LARGE decision. If Zorn makes the move to Brennen or Collins...thats it. JC will NEVER play for this team again. It shouldnt be that way, but thats the way the league works.

McNabb got benched. Then started the next week and looked great.

It happens.

Benching JC because the offense just can't get it going doesn't necessarily mean the end of his time as a starter here.

YOu never see Campbell make those throws when a reciever is not open and throws to a spot so the reciever can adjust and go get it. You see the top Quaterbacks make plays that others do not. You need that if your O line is not that strong. But sometimes it may be the QB on some of these sacks or hurries. Maybe he just can't read defenses or nor does he have the ability to throw on timing. Do not know just we had the same issues last year until Collins got in

McNabb got benched. Then started the next week and looked great.

It happens.

Benching JC because the offense just can't get it going doesn't necessarily mean the end of his time as a starter here.

Mcnabb is already an established elite player. JC isnt. I think its a little bit of a different circumstance.

Am I saying JC should be given years of more chances? No......but I think he should get a little more time.....and hope to god hes got some Eli Manning in him.

We bench JC....hes with another team next season.....especially since his contract is up.

exactly. this is simple footballl 101. i mean how that doesnt add up to anyone is beyond me. instead of throwing in stride instead of witing for someone to be wide open..... u know how many more seonds of difference we are talking about ? its mind boggling how some of these fanboys do not uderstand this. ....it all eventually comes down to release of the ball, how long a QB holds the ball and so on.

Great point, but why not give CB a try with what we have on the field? The coaching staff can see if he can read the coverage at the NFL level and we already know he can put some zip on the ball. To take it one step further why not put him out there with the rookies at wideout and put SM at slot to check down to?

Mcnabb is already an established elite player. JC isnt. I think its a little bit of a different circumstance.

Am I saying JC should be given years of more chances? No......but I think he should get a little more time.....and hope to god hes got some Eli Manning in him.

We bench JC....hes with another team next season.....especially since his contract is up.

JC is under contract next year. Fortunately we haven't extended him because the jury is still out on him.

Seriously, if the offense continues to struggle mightily against the Bungles while the defense is playing its heart out... I don't see how Zorn can't make the switch, even if he doesn't have any faith in Collins.

And why pay a guy 3 mil a year if you're going to treat him as an emergency qb?

JC is under contract next year. Fortunately we haven't extended him because the jury is still out on him.

Seriously, if the offense continues to struggle mightily against the Bungles while the defense is playing its heart out... I don't see how Zorn can't make the switch, even if he doesn't have any faith in Collins.

And why pay a guy 3 mil a year if you're going to treat him as an emergency qb?

I agree that is all I am saying, I hope JC lights it up, but if he does not you have to see if it may be the QB

I agree that is all I am saying, I hope JC lights it up, but if he does not you have to see if it may be the QB

Exactly.

Zorn may not see a lot from Collins in practice (and apparently Brennan is regressing) but you never know how guys are going to perform on Sunday until you give them a chance.

Archived