Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which do you prefer guys, I need to know(To shut up my dad!!!!)

TC4

Okay guys, this is an unusual question, so I need to know waht you all think.

My dad the Colts fan and I have been having a debate. He keeps rubbing it in my face that the Colts made playoffs and the Redskins didn't, but I always counter with the fact that the way the Colts got beat down by the Jets 41-0 in their 1st round game, that they might as well have not made the playoffs at all.

What do you all think about my arguement over my dad's?

Yours is a much better argument. The playoff teams are not necessarily the 6 best teams of each conference, and getting blown out so early in the playoff is a sign that you got in despite not deserving it.

That's part of the reason I enjoyed watching the Giants get to the Superbowl in 2000... I got to see them demolished by a team that actually deserved to be there.

Id say your opinion because if you were in the Colts position they just got embarrassed and that completely makes you wonder why the hell you got there and what the hell your gonna have to do to win against those teams. The skins can sit at home thinking they can beat them because they didnt actually lose 41-0. So we still have confidence while the colts are just messed up

Being that the Colts and Jets are division rivals too, another way to ask the question would be: Would you rather the Redskins NOT make the playoffs, or MAKE the playoffs and lose 41-0 in the first round to the Cowpies? I would rather NOT.

In ALMOST every instance I would take playoffs over no playoffs. But I've never seen a team give a more unprepared, uninspired, lackluster effort than the Colts did that night in NYC. Everything Vanderjaagt said was exactly right. (The fact that he said it to the media was absolutely wrong.) I'd take the.... hmmmm... the Redskins' year was pretty pathetic, too. ;)

Better stick to talking to your dad about your offseason moves.

Being that the Colts and Jets are division rivals too, another way to ask the question would be: Would you rather the Redskins NOT make the playoffs, or MAKE the playoffs and lose 41-0 in the first round to the Cowpies? I would rather NOT.

I think AX is right on this one. Therefore TC4, so are you.......but I wouldn't harp on it........it's too close a call.

Still, playoffs are the playoffs but just kindly remind him that we beat the Colts during the regular season.

Slightly off topic, I couldn't believe how much Marvin Harrison lays down after the catch. I know he doesn't want to take a hit but every game I watched, he layed down worse than Tony Hill ever did.

Playoffs do beat out non playoffs but a schelacking (spelling?) like that is more of an embarrassment.....and just remind pops how good Dungy's postseason record is....:laugh: I like the team since days of JOhnnie U,Bert JOnes, then Marshall came and brought life back.....and Dungy is class act but seems to be in the Marty mold of underachieving in the postseason

32 teams try to succeed every year, and 31 of them fall short. In my eyes, the Raiders finished no better than the Cardinals. Their fans got to watch a few more games, which is nice, i suppose, but they came home empty handed, and that doesn't cut it.

In the fans eyes, it is great to see their team get to play 17 games as opposed to 16. But when the 17th game is a 41-0 pasting one has to wonder just how fulfilling it was for Colts fans.

The only team with room to talk about last year is the Bucs. After them, all the squabbling over who made it how far is meaningless. How they did against one another while they sat back in the pack is about all there is left, and in that area, the Redskins beat the Colts.

Remember- "AT LEAST WE GOT THERE" is the mantra of a loser.

~Bang

Sorry, but I'd rather sit at home and watch somebody else actually show up for their playoff game than to get my arse handed to me in a playoff game of my own. Certainly, it makes things even worse to lose to a division opponent.

If the Dolts had played well and lost I'd have had to agree with your dad though.

i cant believe this is even a tie. What a losers mentality! why whould you ever ever want to be sitting home in the playoffs? I dont care if you get blown out 100-0, youre still better than the losers watching on TV.

It sucks, but its true. I'd take the skins in the playoffs anytime. Let me ask you this: would you rather have the skins make the playoffs this year and risk losing in the first round, or not make it again?

Archived