Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Football is a TEAM GAME!!!

thechalkoutlines

fairweather fans suck. You bring this message board down and make me want to punch the monitor. Go find a new team. We really don't need you. At all. You're good for nothing.

We're 7-5 with 4 games to go, and you are FREAKING OUT. Not positively because we're in playoff contention, but negatively out of frustration... Here's what I see, after watching all 17 Skins game so far, and many other NFL games. Pro football is rediculously complex and precise. Every player on the field must execute their assignment perfectly to beat or neutralize the player(s) he's matched up against. Right now, many of our players are not winning their individual battles. Maybe our coaches are being outcoached, but i'm not qualified to make that claim. (not many of you, if any, can)

Areas of greatest concern:

O-line: adjusting to a new style of play. Pass protection in a spread/WCO offense is way different than the mass protect style of gibbs. Zorn and Cerrato will most likely revamp the line in the offseason to conform to the system.

Recievers: especially the rooks, are not getting seperation from corners, dropping balls, and really handicapping our gameplan. This may not be solved this year, but i think the offseason focus will be improving the chemistry on offense.

Injuries: santana, clinton, and samuels are banged up. Would you have expected us to win without those guys healthy?

Last but not least. GIVE J-CAM A FREAKING BREAK! He's been giving it his best shot, and I'm very happy with his progression. He's not playing in a sandlot offense like Romo sits to pee. This is an offense that the WHOLE TEAM needs to buy into if we're gonna succeed. He's made huge strides under Zorn, who also needs to stay. These guys have both been excellent at leading the team. Zorn is relentlessly competitive, just like the Skins, despite our offensive issues. He needs time, just like our young QB needs time. How many times have we had a quarterback with tools like #17's? All you knuckleheads calling for the next

free agent need to wake up. That hasn't worked here. If you're a real fan of this team, be proud of the direction the Redskins have been moving in since Gibbs and give our players and coaches more than 12 games to fulfil the goals overnight. Super Bowl teams have continuity. Don't mess that up, now that it finally looks like we're building it.

fairweather fans suck. You bring this message board down and make me want to punch the monitor. Go find a new team. We really don't need you. At all. You're good for nothing.

And fans who think they should tell someone else they are not true fans also suck!!!!

Your post might have been good if you didn't start your paragraph by being so bleep bleep defensive.

Edit: Read this: http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=273388

I liken this to a passenger standing on the deck of the Titanic while people are scrambling for the life boats calling them a bunch of fair weathered travelers and chicken littles as the bow slowly dips below the water.

"It doesn't mean it's sinking...I hear John from engineering has a plan to get some of the water out of the watertight compartments...stop blaming the captain, he was only standing at the wheel when we crashed into that ice berg...fine, leave all of you, us REAL travelers will stay with the sinking ship...I mean look we're still 20 feet above sea level!!! You're all crazy to give up now!"

I wasn't aware that there were thread police appointed on here intent on censoring posts. If you want to control the content on a forum go start your own...this is a public forum. :doh:

I dont think they are necessarily fairweather fans. I mean if they were, they would just be on other message boards supporting other teams. They are more like negative nancy's. But so what? Everyone has a right to their opinion. Does their opinion change how the Redskins play? Then who cares. Enjoy the controversial debate and discussion. This board would be boring if everyone agreed.

Thread Sucks...

I'm not going to try and talk good BS about a team that has been playing pathetic (offensively) over the last 7 games

We are NOT a playoff team...the last 4 games we are 1-3 and struggled to go 3-1 against the weakest part of our schedule

What sucks is fans that consistently see rays of sunshine coming out of every players ass

I liken this to a passenger standing on the deck of the Titanic while people are scrambling for the life boats calling them a bunch of fair weathered travelers and chicken littles as the bow slowly dips below the water.

"It doesn't mean it's sinking...I hear John from engineering has a plan to get some of the water out of the watertight compartments...stop blaming the captain, he was only standing at the wheel when we crashed into that ice berg...fine, leave all of you, us REAL travelers will stay with the sinking ship...I mean look we're still 20 feet above sea level!!! You're all crazy to give up now!"

Now this was funny!

I dont think they are necessarily fairweather fans. I mean if they were, they would just be on other message boards supporting other teams. They are more like negative nancy's. But so what? Everyone has a right to their opinion. Does their opinion change how the Redskins play? Then who cares. Enjoy the controversial debate and discussion. This board would be boring if everyone agreed.

I completely agree with this. Because we don't agree 100% with everything the Redskins do does NOT mean we are fair weather fans, or any less of a fan than someone who never complains. If this were the case, all of us "fair weather" fans would have jumped ship a long time ago and be cheering for another team. But, we're still here, cheering on our Redskins despite all the problems this team has, you know, through thick AND thin.

BTW, I really like this analogy:

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

:notworthy Perfect!

uhhh. what?

this isnt a sinking ship. the defense is still stout and the offense is one 3rd down catch away from getting into rythm.

stop with this "sinking ship" BS. did it occur to you we are still in PO contention. holy crap.

The Redskins aren't the Titanic. We have a better foundation than that weak @$$ boat. WE HAVE HEART. WE HAVE PRIDE. That boat had no heart, no pride, that's why it sank. You know what else has no heart and no pride??? cowards, like you fans that think the boat is sinking.

ANYWAY, TO THE OP.

i agree with your post. however, there are too many of these types of threads already.

];5892288']No it's not' date=' idiot.

Everything is always Campbell's fault. He can't block nor catch, therefore, he sucks. Our OL is perfect, and our WRs are legendary. To suggest that our shortcomings are a product of the whole and not JC is heresy.[/quote']

i totally agree with you ghost.

Campbell sucks. I cannot believe Campbell cant block. plus, he throws the ball too hard, thats why the receivers can't catch it. I cant believe, he has has played 12 reg season games in this system, and doesn't know it as well as Joe Montana. JC is a waste. When Justin Tuck comes free unblocked, JC should be able to make the move or break the tackle and throw it deep to Santana Moss through tight coverage to make a play. in fact. Colt Brennen can do much better. He has that swagger... cause that is all it takes to win as an NFL QB. That fire. that swagger like Ryan Leaf.

That LaRon Landry also. he is another reason why this team is sinking like the Titanic. He cannot tackle, he cannot hit. In fact, he is rarely in a play. What he should do, is let the WR go a little bit so they can catch it. That way he can record some tackles and get some stats. Laron Landry should be able to de-cleat Brandon Jacobs also. Jacobs ONLY out weights Landry by 50 pounds. Landry needs to be the next Sean Taylor or bust. hands down.

cough*

uhhh. what?

this isnt a sinking ship. the defense is still stout and the offense is one 3rd down catch away from getting into rythm.

stop with this "sinking ship" BS. did it occur to you we are still in PO contention. holy crap.

The Redskins aren't the Titanic. We have a better foundation than that weak @$$ boat. WE HAVE HEART. WE HAVE PRIDE. That boat had no heart, no pride, that's why it sank. You know what else has no heart and no pride??? cowards, like you fans that think the boat is sinking.

ANYWAY, TO THE OP.

i agree with your post. however, there are too many of these types of threads already.

I think this comment was directed at the OP's point of view. I don't think he was saying the redskins are like a sinking ship. Might want to go back and read that again.

uhhh. what?

ANYWAY, TO THE OP.

OH but the Titanic was a nice looking boat with a lot of assets...just like the Redskins

Pretty good comparison actually...

Problem is...when a boat has trouble they start sinking and struggling...just like the Redskins

This can be a GREAT team if the offense, in all facets, was to click...kind of like weeks 2-5

but are you one of those fans that believe the Redskins have been playing great (mainly offensively) for the last 7 games? :doh:

OH but the Titanic was a nice looking boat with a lot of assets...just like the Redskins

Pretty good comparison actually...

Problem is...when a boat has trouble they start sinking and struggling...just like the Redskins

This can be a GREAT team if the offense, in all facets, was to click...kind of like weeks 2-5

but are you one of those fans that believe the Redskins have been playing great (mainly offensively) for the last 7 games? :doh:

last 7 games? because we didnt score points? the 1982 SB champion Redskins MVP was Mark Mosley... kicker... how many points do you need to win? 1 more than the other team.

Rams... we moved the ball.. didnt score much.

Browns... we moved the ball.. didnt score much.

Lions... moved the ball... didnt score... now we stuggled.

Steelers... we sucked. #1 defense. nuff said.

Cowboys... we sucked. no excuses.

Seahawks... we moved the ball. didnt score much.

Giants... we sucked. however... a couple of 3rd down conversions, game would have been different.

we are playing bad on offense.

however, i've also seen them be very successful. IF thrash catches that 3rd down. IF Kelly catches that 3rd down. how would the game have turned out. A lot of games come down to one play. one catch. one INT. one fumble.

to me, there is 4 games left, and we have a chance. it's week 12 and we still have a chance at 7-5. last year we were 5-7 and i believed we had a chance. this year (7-5) last year (5-7). which record would you rather have at this point in the season?

the fact that Fans gave up and screams the season is over is beyond me.

the game is out of the fans control. all season we hope to win. we hope to make it. and towards the end, we are struggling all hope is lost. it's the 4th quarter and we are trailing by 3 points? is it over? no. you play 4 quarters. 60 minutes of football. the way i see it, we are still mathmatically alive, we play 16 games, 4 games left... lets do it.

last 7 games? because we didnt score points? the 1982 SB champion Redskins MVP was Mark Mosley... kicker... how many points do you need to win? 1 more than the other team.

Rams... we moved the ball.. didnt score much.

Browns... we moved the ball.. didnt score much.

Lions... moved the ball... didnt score... now we stuggled.

Steelers... we sucked. #1 defense. nuff said.

Cowboys... we sucked. no excuses.

Seahawks... we moved the ball. didnt score much.

Giants... we sucked. however... a couple of 3rd down conversions, game would have been different.

we are playing bad on offense.

however, i've also seen them be very successful. IF thrash catches that 3rd down. IF Kelly catches that 3rd down. how would the game have turned out. A lot of games come down to one play. one catch. one INT. one fumble.

to me, there is 4 games left, and we have a chance. it's week 12 and we still have a chance at 7-5. last year we were 5-7 and i believed we had a chance. this year (7-5) last year (5-7). which record would you rather have at this point in the season?

the fact that Fans gave up and screams the season is over is beyond me.

the game is out of the fans control. all season we hope to win. we hope to make it. and towards the end, we are struggling all hope is lost. it's the 4th quarter and we are trailing by 3 points? is it over? no. you play 4 quarters. 60 minutes of football. the way i see it, we are still mathmatically alive, we play 16 games, 4 games left... lets do it.

Yeah I believe we have a good shot...i'm just saying that why shouldn't people be pissed and frustrated when your offense has struggled the past 4 games...and the 3 games before we couldn't put up points...

Yeah I believe we have a good shot...i'm just saying that why shouldn't people be pissed and frustrated when your offense has struggled the past 4 games...and the 3 games before we couldn't put up points...

I'm definitly frustrated.

but i dont see the point of being super negative until we are completely done and out of PO contention. we still have a chance so hope for the best ya kno.

Archived