Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Portis on JTS Defending Campbell

Heisenberg

John Thompson: "Am I to assume by your answer that you don't think there's a quarterback in the Redskins organization that can do a better job than Jason Campbell."

Clinton Portis: "I don't think there's a quarterback in the NFL that can throw from his back."

That was the highlight but he was saying that basically there are a lot of problems with blocking and running the wrong routes and everyone on the offense needs to step up.

Portis is a team guy and won't throw his QB under the bus. It doesn't mean he's right or beleives it but he is a stand up guy. If you look back he offered Brunell the exact same support.

Sounds to me like a JC hater...but Portis has a point.

In 13 games last year - 21 sacks.

In 12 games this year - 32 sacks. That's almost three sacks a game.

Good stat, if your QB has no time to throw the ball, then how do you expect him to win the game for you.

For all you people who keep saying that Brennen would be able to get out of the pocket and make plays, take a look at where the pressure is coming from.

Last year had nothing to do with Gibbs and Saunders running max protect to make up for JC's slow releae and reaction?

If you can read a defense and make them pay, they stop blitzing you.

I love CP, but that line has had him at or near the top of NFL rushers this year. He should be shopping for Rolexes for them instead of throwing them under the bus. Then again, the lineman aren't the one's crying like 8 year old girls in the lockeroom after a loss, so maybe they can take it.

Portis is a team guy and won't throw his QB under the bus. It doesn't mean he's right or beleives it but he is a stand up guy. If you look back he offered Brunell the exact same support.

Portis ISN'T the type of dude to say something he doesn't believe. Portis will say whatever he feel.

Last year had nothing to do with Gibbs and Saunders running max protect to make up for JC's slow releae and reaction?

I love CP, but that line has had him at or near the top of NFL rushers this year. He should be shopping for Rolexes for them instead of throwing them under the bus. Then again, the lineman aren't the one's crying like 8 year old girls in the lockeroom after a loss, so maybe they can take it.

Unbelievable...just unbelievable.

Maybe...it's just possible that our linemen are better run blockers than they are pass blockers? What the line does for Clinton Portis and what the line does for Jason Campbell are two different things.

I get really sick of your attitude sometimes. You and MSF should have a civil union, take off your Redskins gear and move to Dallas together. Or better yet, move to Iowa where no football fan on the face of the planet has to be exposed to your useless rambling.

As he should be. Let's be honest about one thing, as much as we'd all like to blame Campbell for our most recent loss. It isn't fair to do that. How can anyone throw a great ball when they don't have the time to throw?

JC is not what ails this team. :helmet:

You mean by Snyder and cerrato

That is a common quote used by these Colt fanatics.

It's hilarious to see "Zorn hand picked Colt to groom him to become THE MAN in Washington".

EDIT: Also, SoCal . . . you're pathetic - you obviously have never played football since you seem incapable of realizing that there is a vast difference between run blocking and pass blocking and this particular line has struggled pass blocking against good defenses since preseason.

You also fail to point out that the ground game hasn't been working at all lately thanks in large part to the offensive line wearing down because they are all 30+.

Pass blocking and Run blocking are two different things.

Our linemen are old wily veterans, and in run protection it works because they just have to use brute force to open holes. In pass pro it's a different situation because you have a fast agile pass rusher bearing down on you, and for a older linemen such as Jansen, Thomas, and Kendall, they may not have the speed or agility to match the speed rushers and LBs they encounter on a regular basis.

anyone can see that our oline is 10x better at run blocking than pass blocking. jansen CANNOT pass block at all. he can run block very well, but thats about it.

and lets get real, since when does portis sugar coat anything?? id buy that answer if this was another player, but portis doesnt care what he says on the air, so i highly doubt hes making up stuff to save campbells ass.

Archived