Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Andre Carter: We Need Less Players Like Him!

jtwray67

We need less players who consistently underplay during much of the game...then want to over celebrate a sack late in the game (ie; Andre Carter)...get back to the huddle. Thank god we didn't have to endure a Marcus Washington senseless sack dance. I know trivial, but yet indicative of this underachieving bunch.

I agree, that was in our end zone and I am thinking, that's what you get paid for.

I don't care if he was banged up, he needs to play better, and don't try to defend him.

Portis has played hurt all year, and I don't see him dancing around when he makes a first down

Andre Carter is a solid part to the foundation of our defense. He's not a star, but he is very good at what he does. I'm not of the mindset that players shouldn't celebrate a job well done.

i have to disagree here...he only has 3 sacks in 12 games so i wouldn't consider him to be very good at what he does

Get real ...he's terrible...he gets manhandled every game...small.

He leads all of out D-Linemen in tackles, which means he stops the ballcarrier more times than the other DL at the line. It ain't all about sacks.

And remember, I'm speaking in relative terms here...none of our DL are very good.

He leads all of out D-Linemen in tackles, which means he stops the ballcarrier more times than the other DL at the line. It ain't all about sacks.

And remember, I'm speaking in relative terms here...none of our DL are very good.

You're kidding yourself if you think Carter wasn't brought here to get sacks. We could have a DE just as good against the run for less cost (in terms of picks and money).

A) Its fewer, not less

B) Carter is a good DE, he hasn't had a great year but look at his stats last year...I don't know if its Blache's scheme or if he's just having a bad year but he's still a good player.

Celebrating isn't our problem, its annoying but that's not taking away from our defense. As much as you want to throw something at the TV when Carter or Washington are celebrating while the team is losing, it doesn't actually hurt the team at all. If anything it probably gets the guys pumped up.

You're kidding yourself if you think Carter wasn't brought here to get sacks. We could have a DE just as good against the run for less cost (in terms of picks and money).

You're right, hence the last sentence of my post. But the guy isn't a slug, he's actually doing an OK job. Not what we brought him in for, but he's performing well relative to those around him. He's not NEARLY the worst FA signing on this roster at the moment.

Andre Carter is absolutely good at what he does. Issue is, when you pair him with another small defensive end on the other side, neither demand a double team. So we have an entire offensive line versus our four, and if we blitz, there's usually always a free lineman to pick him up. If we blitz 2 guys, someone is open and the other QBs generally see that.

I don't care what anyone says, Phillip Daniels not playing is hurting us. He helped Andre Carter out big time.

Underplays most of the game. Sure...back up to this? Please? The offensive linemen get paid to do a job too.

He can't celebrate? So when he gets a sack, i bet you sit there and do nothing? The fans cheer when he gets a sack...so when HE gets a sack- I think HE wants to cheer too!

Andre Carter is absolutely good at what he does. Issue is, when you pair him with another small defensive end on the other side, neither demand a double team. So we have an entire offensive line versus our four, and if we blitz, there's usually always a free lineman to pick him up. If we blitz 2 guys, someone is open and the other QBs generally see that.

I don't care what anyone says, Phillip Daniels not playing is hurting us. He helped Andre Carter out big time.

Excellent point on Daniels, he's missed more than is acknowledged. :applause:

Oh yea - so i guess we can't have Santana Moss, he celebrated a first down this year against the Saints i believe when they were down 2 scores.

Also, the numerous times touchdowns were celebrated when the redskins were still down after scoring. we should get rid of that.

We need less players who consistently underplay during much of the game...then want to over celebrate a sack late in the game (ie; Andre Carter)...get back to the huddle. Thank god we didn't have to endure a Marcus Washington senseless sack dance. I know trivial, but yet indicative of this underachieving bunch.

I tell you what. It's not Andre's fault the offense doesn't want to put out the same effort he and the 'Skins' defense has thus far. I say, celebrate. When all phases of the game are clicking or at least showing effort and you're still down late in the game, then no, no need for celebration.

but in this case, what is the defense to do? Sit and be miserable because we have an offense that makes Kansas City's look like the '94 49ers? pfft....breathe some life in our offense then we can talk!

Archived