Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

:sigh: I gotta give some props to Tony Romo

CrypticVillain

is this a joke? yes hes better than eli. is trent dilfer better than Romo sits to pee? his team(TEAM) won a superbowl too. is eli better than dan marino? he never won anything. eli is a game manager. always will be. hes managing games more than jc is just about. Romo sits to pee puts the ENTIRE GAME on his shoulders every week. if he wins, its because of him, if they lose, its because he couldn't do enough. not many quarterbacks have to do that. notice why its always Romo sits to pee hasn't done this, Romo sits to pee hasn't done that. its because people expect HIM to do it, not his team. the dallas cowboys are absolutely putrid without him.
Am I understanding your argument correctly? Are you saying that Eli is a bad QB because he has a better GM than Romo sits to pee does?

Thank you, someone else understands the game of football. It is easier to stop other teams whem your offense is always in the lead, so the defense can pin their ears back and rush/blitz the QB like mad. When they were stuck in dragout games, their age showed (see Ravens game, to bad the Ravens offense was trash)
They held the apparently dominant Giants running game to under 100 yards rushing. And the most points any team scored on them in the playoffs was the 20 they gave up to the Jaguars in divisional round. Which was also the Patriots largest margin of victory in the postseason at 11 points. They had an excellent defense in 2007, but every D has bad games. For instance, the Giants gave up 80 points and 900 yards of offense in their first two games last year.

They held the apparently dominant Giants running game to under 100 yards rushing. And the most points any team scored on them in the playoffs was the 20 they gave up to the Jaguars in divisional round. Which was also the Patriots largest margin of victory in the postseason at 11 points. They had an excellent defense in 2007, but every D has bad games. For instance, the Giants gave up 80 points and 900 yards of offense in their first two games last year.

Eli has certainly had his best year as a qb and is putting up some nice numbers. If he continues to do this, he will be a qb in the mold of Troy Aikman..not gaudy numbers but a championship qb who was efficient and made plays when he had to.

For me, I would still take Romo sits to pee over him because I feel like he elevates his team and for the Cowboys, that is what is required.

I never thought Eli would amount to anything, so i believe what he has done is pretty remarkable. You should be tickled to have him as your qb.

Decent? This is why I love skins fans. Right now he's the #1 rated QB in the NFC and #2 in the league. After missing 3 games, he still ranks at the top of most statistical categories. He can't win a playoff game or hasn't yet? We'll see. He's 0-2 right now.

#2 in the league?

I can't see how you can even begin to argue that he's better than Brees or Warner.

#2 in the league?

I can't see how you can even begin to argue that he's better than Brees or Warner.

simple he ignores everything else and hangs all his argument on the old QBR, despite it's obvious flaws, and the fact Romo sits to pee's played fewer games and usually at a certain point the more games you play the lower your rating goes.

#2 in the league?

I don't know if THA wants to argue that Romo sits to pee is better than Brees or Warner but there is no arguing that according to the NFL QB rating system for this season Romo sits to pee is rated #1 in the NFC & #2 in the NFL.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?season=2008&seasonType=REG&d-447263-o=2&conference=null&tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=PASSING&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=PASSING_PASSER_RATING&d-447263-n=1

simple he ignores everything else and hangs all his argument on the old QBR, despite it's obvious flaws, and the fact Romo sits to pee's played fewer games and usually at a certain point the more games you play the lower your rating goes.

The QBR rating does have its flaws but at least it is an unbiased rating done by the NFL that should be given more credibility than just an opinion. Your stats to support Romo sits to pee being just "decent" would be welcomed.

Your argument would seem to have flaws of its own. Explain why would there be an expectation that Romo sits to pee's QBR would be less if he had played 2-3 more games like Warner or Brees? Romo sits to pee has increased his QBR in 4 of his last 5 games. He could have a lower rating but just as likely could be higher too. Your argument would be more valid if it was extended to an entire career. The assumption being the quality of play for a QB would be less at the end of their career. (However, #1 All-Time Steve Young had > QBR in each of his last 3 full seasons compared to his career avg.)

If you don't like QBR, here are a couple more to support Romo sits to pee as being more than a "decent' QB:

#1 Among Active QBs (Career):

#1 QB rating (on pace to be #1 All-Time among ALL QBs by mid next year)

#1 YPA (on pace for #3 All-Time)

#1 YPC

#1 TD%

If Romo sits to pee keeps this up for a couple more years, Adams, Kosier, Gurode, Davis, and Columbo need to begin practicing their speeches because they would have to be 1st ballot HOFers. To be able to consistently put up such numbers with merely a "decent" QB would be quite remarkable.

If Romo sits to pee keeps this up for a couple more years, Adams, Kosier, Gurode, Davis, and Columbo need to begin practicing their speeches because they would have to be 1st ballot HOFers.

NO

I said before Romo sits to pee got injured that the Cowboys O-line Was overrated. When Tony Romo sits to pee got injured it just solidified my opinion about that O-line. The fact that you are even saying they are Hall Of Famers is disrespectful.

NO

I said before Romo sits to pee got injured that the Cowboys O-line Was overrated. When Tony Romo sits to pee got injured it just solidified my opinion about that O-line. The fact that you are even saying they are Hall Of Famers is disrespectful.

he said that would be the case if Romo sits to pee was just a "decent" quarterback. you would need a line full of 1st ballot hall of famers to make him put up these numbers as he is only decent. you are correct though. the line is below average.

Um, without that o-line, Romo sits to pee is another NFL qb destined for a back-up role.

Eli has won a few big games...Romo sits to pee hasn't won one. Not one.

Right now, Eli is a clutch performer...much better than Romo sits to pee.

Romo sits to pee doesn't have the discipline to be a great qb.

:2cents:

you keep saying the cowboys oline is horrible. then you say Romo sits to pee is only this good because of his oline? you're transparent.

:doh:

I might be opening a can of worms but, MLSKINS can you seriously say that Romo sits to pee is better then Eli?

Romo sits to pee maybe more athletic and mobile, but that doesn't make you a better QB. Eli understands the position and doesn't make the same stupid mistakes Romo sits to pee does time and time again.

Look at the Seahawk game, every time The Hawks got in Romo sits to pee's face, he chucked it up for grabs, Grant dropped an int in the end zone, and Romo sits to pee was lucky he didn't have more turnovers.

Eli doesn't choke under pressure or in the big game. Eli can make the clutch play, and doesn't rely on his arm only.

.....Romo sits to pee is more accurate, more mobile, throws a better deep ball, has a quicker release and improvises better. the only reason he makes mistakes is because he is the one person that controls the entire offense. he has to do everything. when you have to do everything you're going to make mistakes. yes, his int was a stupid throw(all qb's make stupid throws EVERY GAME. the game was out of reach for the seahawks by that time), but more times than not, his risk taking scores first downs and touchdowns. the only thing eli has over Romo sits to pee is a superbowl ring, which is a team honor by the way. if that guys helmet didn't catch his inaccurate pass, this wouldn't even be a discussion.

You said he was a game manager. How does that translate into a top 5 QB? Out of curiousity, which QB's in the NFC do you consider to be better than him?
In the Regular season

Drew Brees

Kurt Warner

Donovon Mcnabb

Tony Romo sits to pee

Eli Manning

So, i guess you could say he is top 5.

You said he was a game manager. How does that translate into a top 5 QB? Out of curiousity, which QB's in the NFC do you consider to be better than him?

hes the best game manager in the nfl(big ben is close, but hes horrible this year), which is top 5. the nfl is almost all game managers. qb's i think are better than him in the nfc? Romo sits to pee, brees. toss up between warner mcnabb and eli. i thought mcnabb was better, but hes starting to fall off some. all the other nfc qb's are far below those 5. only qb's better in the afc would be peyton and brady. potentially top 5 qb in the nfl in my eyes. not sure what i think about warner yet. the problem is eli has some of the lowest ypa i've ever seen. low ypa with lower accuracy is kinda weird. you would think it would be a lot higher.

In the Regular season

Drew Brees

Kurt Warner

Donovon Mcnabb

Tony Romo sits to pee

Eli Manning

So, i guess you could say he is top 5.

Warner(can't beat a quality opponent), McNabb(benched for a player who hasn't ever started an NFL game), and Romo sits to pee(turnover machine/playoff choker) are better QB's than the currently 11-1 defending Superbowl champion/MVP?

Warner(can't beat a quality opponent), McNabb(benched for a player who hasn't ever started an NFL game), and Romo sits to pee(turnover machine/playoff choker) are better QB's than the currently 11-1 defending Superbowl champion/MVP?

There's no way he was actually the Superbowl MVP. It was EASILY either Tyree or Tuck. The media just wanted a storyline, like usual.

Who's saying he's better? They're both very good but Eli is a SB winning QB so that pretty much ends the discussion. Eli did start a game 2 years before Romo sits to pee however. We really need to revisit this convo in a about 5-7 years.

There's no way he was actually the Superbowl MVP. It was EASILY either Tyree or Tuck. The media just wanted a storyline, like usual.
He lead two 4th quarter drives to take the lead, including a two-minute game-winning drive with 39 seconds left in the game. You can make an argument for some other players, but you would have to be a blind hater to claim that Eli didn't deserve the MVP.

Archived