Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

:sigh: I gotta give some props to Tony Romo

CrypticVillain

Their stats since 2004 when Cooley came into the league:

Witten- 371 catches, 4345 yards, 11.7 avg, 23 TDs, 3 fumbles

Cooley- 297 catches, 3309 yards, 11.1 avg, 28 TDs, 6 fumbles

While their touchdown production is basically equal with Cooley slightly more productive, Witten has hauled in 74 more catches with over 1,000 more yards and a better average with half as many fumbles. Still, both are very good.

that shows me 2 things. The Cowboys use Witten more then we do Cooley (but if I am correct he was moved from HB to TE so that could explain it) and that Cooley has done more with less tosses.

but just the vision of Witten running down the field without his helmet on and then jumping up after being tackled with a bloody nose all jacked up is something that made even my Redskins heart jump and me pump my fist.

that shows me 2 things. The Cowboys use Witten more then we do Cooley (but if I am correct he was moved from HB to TE so that could explain it) and that Cooley has done more with less tosses.

but just the vision of Witten running down the field without his helmet on and then jumping up after being tackled with a bloody nose all jacked up is something that made even my Redskins heart jump and me pump my fist.

That play was definitely what football's all about. But I don't know about Cooley doing more with less. Witten's average is better. It seems that Cooley has been more of a red zone target though.

Their stats since 2004 when Cooley came into the league:

Witten- 371 catches, 4345 yards, 11.7 avg, 23 TDs, 3 fumbles

Cooley- 297 catches, 3309 yards, 11.1 avg, 28 TDs, 6 fumbles

While their touchdown production is basically equal with Cooley slightly more productive, Witten has hauled in 74 more catches with over 1,000 more yards and a better average with half as many fumbles. Still, both are very good.

Cooley does have the lead in "pictures of jink posted on the internet"

I love how you arbitrarily drop Witten's rookie and worst year -- their 1st 5 years in the league are a lot closer

I simply wanted to use the most recent years in which they both played. That's pretty logical.

I think that's a bit unfair to Cooley. You count his worst season, but don't count Witten's.

This isn't a knock on Witten, because I think he is a hell of a player. I just think the fairest thing to do is compare their first few seasons.

Archived