Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If you guys can't stretch the field Sunday

jp03

I agree we do need to stretch the field..not sure we will though.....this will be a emotional game for us at all with the Sean Taylor deal going on.

Think the Wellington Mara game at home for you guys a few years back. I dont think we will blow you out like that.....but the G men will have to show up as well..

We need to take shots downfield for sure, but to say we need to pass to set up the run is a little hasty. This teams' bread and butter is with Portis. If we start the game with the run, and get something rolling, I'd be much happier with that (given our current O-line status) than to have campbell drop back a bunch of times and get Patrick Ramsey'd back there.

This is not the week where we try to reinvent the wheel, we do what we do best, run the ball pass when we have to, and rely on the defense to get us the ball back.

Once the fan's get it through their head that in week 13, we're not going to unveil the secret deep passing wrinkle in our offense, we'll all sound much wiser ;)

Hey, JP03, I was thinking about it, and if your team can't penetrate the goal line or get any balls kicked through the uprights, its going to be really hard for them to come away with the win. I hope your coaches are gameplanning for that situation.

Whatever....I was trying to open some conversation up and obviously it was not taken we...see ya Sunday

I agree a 100%. We have had defenses key on Portis the last few weeks, untill we opened up our passing game against Seattle. We are a much better team when we spread the field, and we have the recievers who can make big plays, we just havent been using them like we should. The biggest question is can we protect JC long enough to look downfield and find a reciever open. With the pass rush of NY, he wont have much time, thats a fact.

The O-Line isn't dominant enough to control the line against a good defense, at least not for any duration of time, but seeing JC throw downfield more did look promising, if he could be more accurate in the corners.

But without threatening downfiled, the Gnats will crowd the line, so this game will be all on JC.

Now, what was i commenting on about earlier?? oh, i got it;

It's always better to throw when you want to, not when you have to...:gaintsuck

The peanut gallery strikes again.

I have a friend at work who opened his mouth....the Giants were handed their only loss of the season. He opened his mouth again today and inserted his foot yet again. Thanks for adding your proverbial :2cents:

See ya Sunday!

let's hope you're right... it's going to be tough...:gaintsuck

Archived