Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If you guys can't stretch the field Sunday

jp03

You can't win this game. The key will be Campbell using play action and getting the ball up the field to the wide outs...The pass will set up portis this week, it won't be the other way around.

Aren't you the same tool that was on the Dallas message boards sucking up to those boys? :gaintsuck

i don't think we need to stretch the field, early, portis is out to prove something this year and will be playing with a big chip on his shoulder, and i think our offensive line has something to prove as well, we do have to get moss and el involved early and often, but sticking to the run is key to our success, hopefully this can be a big game for kelly to step up in and make some catches, that would be huge

i don't think we need to stretch the field, early, portis is out to prove something this year and will be playing with a big chip on his shoulder, and i think our offensive line has something to prove as well, we do have to get moss and el involved early and often, but sticking to the run is key to our success, hopefully this can be a big game for kelly to step up in and make some catches, that would be huge

Respectfully, I don't agree. If you don't mix play action and stretch the field, you will not allow the running game to develop..the Giants give little on the ground and they always put guys in the box to stop the run first. The Browns who you guys keep bringing up, beat the hell out of the Giants d by stretching the field...

If we don't start stretching the field not only will we lose this game, we may not make the playoffs period. I'm tired of the enemic offenses here in Washington....We've had numorous systems in here and always blamed the coaches for lack of offense....now I don't think we can blame coaches and systems anymore....the common denominator now is the players which points to a lack of talent and/or smarts.

Hey Jp03-

Like many others here, I began thinking too. If you guys cant run the ball past the line of scrimmage, and your receivers arent open, I think you're going to have a tough time gaining yards against us. Without any yards, I just dont see you winning the game. Just something I was thinking about... but felt it was too stupid to make a thread about.

Oh wait...

Whatever....I was trying to open some conversation up and obviously it was not taken we...see ya Sunday

Really? So you enter a REDSKINS forum and start your post off with "You can't win this game"....aaaaannnd you're "just" looking for conversation....interesting.

Really? So you enter a REDSKINS forum and start your post off with "You can't win this game"....aaaaannnd you're "just" looking for conversation....interesting.

In fairness to jp03, I think his "You can't win this game" was supposed to be his conclusion to the title of his thread.

IOW.... he was saying "If you can't stretch the field, you can't win this game".

He should've made it a little more clearer though. :)

In fairness to jp03, I think his "You can't win this game" was supposed to be his conclusion to the title of his thread.

IOW.... he was saying "If you can't stretch the field, you can't win this game".

Yea! For goodness sakes I think you CAN win this game and my post was trying to help say how. Gotta watch those half title threads obviously.

Sooo if that were originally the case, wouldnt the title end with "...."? :2cents:

You can't win this game. The key will be Campbell using play action and getting the ball up the field to the wide outs...The pass will set up portis this week, it won't be the other way around.

Honestly, I am not to worried about this game and I feel pretty confident that Tana is going to get some great looks and a lot of after the catch yardage. I know what emotion this game brings to me, and I can only imagine what kind of fire is burning in these guys to show up big on Sunday. HTTR

Archived