Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

I'm there all the time. Can't believe I haven't seen all those.

He has a decent selection in the cooler(sierra nevada, heavy seas, lancaster, imports), most micros are warm on 2 rows of shelves. he has a nice Individual bottle selection(Trappists, Chimays, Delirium, Rogues etc) right next to the wine cooler.

He has a decent selection in the cooler(sierra nevada, heavy seas, lancaster, imports), most micros are warm on 2 rows of shelves. he has a nice Individual bottle selection(Trappists, Chimays, Delirium, Rogues etc) right next to the wine cooler.

How much would say, a small Chimay go for? It's $8.99 here :ols: Lemme know the address so I can pull a shopping spree on this place. :evilg:

last night, i had Sierra Nevada 30th Anniversary Black Barleywine.

sierra%20nevada%20jack%20&%20ken%27s%20ale.jpg

congratulations to Sierra Nevada, both on the 30 years and on this fantastic brew. this stuff is very tasty, and remarkably well balanced for a barleywine. the pour yields a sticky, brown, aggressive head. the beer is not cloudy -- it's completely opaque. the smell is a pleasant blend of roasted caramel, hops, and alcohol. the taste is an excellent balance between the hops, sweets, and fermentation. all three are clearly present, but none are overpowering. it just tastes good. i looked forward to every sip. at over 10%, a single 750ml bottle put me in a great mood all night. grade: A+

Edited by greenspandan

Lancaster Milk Stout

Black with a brown hue. Mocha-colored head settles in to a strong ring around the glass. It's a good lookin' stout.

Aroma is cream (milk), roast, caramel and vanilla.

Taste is a lot of roastiness, surprising for a stout classified as "Sweet". The sweetness comes in with the creamy milk aspect of the brew. Coffee, vanilla, chocolate and caramel all have small roles in the flavor. Hops are in the background but you can find them.

Overall this beer is tuned low: taste, body, aroma...all pretty subtle. The mouthfeel is fairly silky, but personally I think it's real hard for a roasty beer to pull off a slender body. Carbonation picks up midway through the sip; thin, low-tuned mixtures aren't usually my thing. I'd love to see how this would turn out if they revved it up a bit.

That said, it's still a good beer, just didn't really come close to knocking my socks off.

B (83)

DSCN3404-300x225.jpg

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Whaaaaaat?

Beer in Frederick is cheaper than that.

In Htown.

Heavy Seas - 7.99

Victory Hop Devil - 7.99

Victory Hop Wallop and Golden Monkey - 10.99 (both are very good)

Hell, they sell a Victory 12 pack mixer for 15.99.

Stella - 12.99

Brooklyn Double Chocolate Stout - 6.99 for 4.

Dogfish Head - 7.99

Flying Dog - 6.99

Mad River - between 9 and 10 per 6'er. For some reason Jamaica Brand Red Ale is the most expensive.

If you ever need the address of this place let me

know. The owner doesn't mark up 6 packs, he takes the case price / 4 and puts it on the shelf.

Wow....it looks like he's selling Heavy Seas for less than what they charge at the brewery after tours. I'm guessing that the only Heavy Seas beers for $7.99 are the Gold Ale or Pale Ale. I can't imagine him selling a six pack of Loose Cannon, or Peg Leg for $7.99. If so, next time I'm within 10 miles of Hagerstown, I'm stopping in and stocking up!!!

Wow....it looks like he's selling Heavy Seas for less than what they charge at the brewery after tours. I'm guessing that the only Heavy Seas beers for $7.99 are the Gold Ale or Pale Ale. I can't imagine him selling a six pack of Loose Cannon, or Peg Leg for $7.99. If so, next time I'm within 10 miles of Hagerstown, I'm stopping in and stocking up!!!

I could be wrong, ill take a pic next time I am there.

Picked up a nice little mixed case tonight.

6 - Dogfish Head Raison D Etre

6 - Mad River Steel Head Double IPA

6- Sam Adams Cream Stout

6 - Peroni

$33.00

I'm not a huge fan of Malty beers, but the Raison De Etre is an excellent beer.

Looks like I'll be in Hagerstown today, will probably try to drop in to this place. I'm afraid buying craft beer for so cheap will stop be from getting it in Montgomery county again. :ols:

If I was in town today, I would have met you over there. Let me know how it goes.

If I was in town today, I would have met you over there. Let me know how it goes.

Was a nice trip, takes about an hour to get there...pretty much worth it. Spent $25 on 7 beers. Prices are stunningly good. People were nice there, big place, and I'm satisfied with the selection. Finally get to try a lot of beers I've been dying to get my hands on.

First to mention is the Stone Russian Imperial Stout, which has been #1 on my to-get list for a while. The Choklat was probably #2...

(Right to Left) Victory Hop Devil IPA, Bear Republic Racer 5 IPA, Southern Tier Imperial Choklat Stout, Stone Imperial Russian Stout, Rogue Brutal Bitter, Young's Double Chocolate Stout, Troegs Trogenator Double Bock (unlabled):

1009101818.jpg

Nice collection Double, I'm glad you had a chance to make it. I usually don't pick up 22 ouncers, I know the Youngs is 4.99, what are they getting for the Rogue and Southern Tier?

Man I'm almost positive the Young's is $3.99 at that place. The Southern Tier 22oz bottle was $6.99, believe the Rouge was $5.99.

Had the Rogue Brutal Bitter and Troegenator last night. Rogue kicked my ass, so bitter it's literally salty. The look of the damn thing is intimidating. It just LOOKS sour as hell. Sour, bitter, salty...all in one. The Double Bock was very good. Both (A) grades. It's the Imperial Russian and Victory Hop Devil for tonight. :evil:

Stone Imperial Russian Stout

stone-imperial-russian-stout.jpg?w=170

Looks like motor oil coming out of the bottle. Black with a small tint of brown and a creamy milk chocolate colored head. This is obviously gonna be good.

Aroma is chocolate, cream and roast. It obviously has a good mix going on here, but it doesn't show its strength in the aroma.

Huge blast of malts. Chocolate is dominant initially, then coffee beans, and a sneaky burnt-roast which makes this beer bitter...especially on the aftertaste. Body is big, but not as huge as I like big stouts to be.

The gradual warming effect from the alcohol is awesome here. This beer asks to be had next to a warm fire in the dead of winter. Slow sip this puppy in a snifter or do what I do, pour 'bout 4oz in to a tulip glass at a time. This beer is class.

A (97)

Was a nice trip, takes about an hour to get there...pretty much worth it. Spent $25 on 7 beers. Prices are stunningly good. People were nice there, big place, and I'm satisfied with the selection. Finally get to try a lot of beers I've been dying to get my hands on.

First to mention is the Stone Russian Imperial Stout, which has been #1 on my to-get list for a while. The Choklat was probably #2...

(Right to Left) Victory Hop Devil IPA, Bear Republic Racer 5 IPA, Southern Tier Imperial Choklat Stout, Stone Imperial Russian Stout, Rogue Brutal Bitter, Young's Double Chocolate Stout, Troegs Trogenator Double Bock (unlabled):

1009101818.jpg

Had teh Stone RIS a couple days ago. Bought a case when it came out a few months back. The Chokolat is one of my all time favorite top 5-25 beers (so many I'd rather not limit them).

But the real question here is, what kind of dog did you choose?

Had teh Stone RIS a couple days ago. Bought a case when it came out a few months back. The Chokolat is one of my all time favorite top 5-25 beers (so many I'd rather not limit them).

But the real question here is, what kind of dog did you choose?

:ols: Funny that book gets caught in the picture, and not something that could make me seem slightly more educated. Next time I'll have to unconsciously (consciously) slip The Art of War in to the background.

I've saved the Choklat for tonight, had the Stone IRS immediately following the Skins game in celebration. The Bear Republic Racer 5 IPA is the appetizer tonight. Then I'm all out of crafties. Natty Bo gets the nod for tomorrow. :)