Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AOL Fanhouse: Jason Campbell Is Tougher Than Shaun Alexander, Runs Through Pat Watkin

ljs

Gotta look at the good stuff. Good video on JC's run.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/11/17/jason-campbell-is-tougher-than-shaun-alexander-runs-through-pat/

There were few bright spots for the Redskins in last night's home loss to the Cowboys (DeAngelo Hall intercepting Brad Johnson-like passes aside), and it's still hard to gauge exactly what the team has in quarterback Jason Campbell.

A few weeks ago, ESPN's Ron Jaworski called Campbell his midseason MVP, but the fourth-year quarterback has had two uninspired efforts in consecutive games. It's not completely his fault; the offensive line is a joke, Clinton Portis is banged up, and the pass catchers, save Chris Cooley, have gone missing for long stretches.

Which is why Campbell may have decided just to take things into his own hands. Midway through the second quarter with Washington holding a 7-0 lead, Campbell scrambled for 22 yards on third-and-eight. The Redskins would have to punt four plays later, and the Cowboys would tie the score seven plays after that, but that's beside the point. That Campbell steamrolled Dallas safety Pat Watkins into oblivion, that's the point.

Sure, it didn't have any bearing on the final score, but it sure had to be embarrassing for Watkins.

I have this vision of Campbell coming to the sidelines, finding Shaun Alexander, and very politely explaining, "see, that's how you run the ball."

Gotta look at the good stuff. Good video on JC's run.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/11/17/jason-campbell-is-tougher-than-shaun-alexander-runs-through-pat/

There were few bright spots for the Redskins in last night's home loss to the Cowboys (DeAngelo Hall intercepting Brad Johnson-like passes aside), and it's still hard to gauge exactly what the team has in quarterback Jason Campbell.

A few weeks ago, ESPN's Ron Jaworski called Campbell his midseason MVP, but the fourth-year quarterback has had two uninspired efforts in consecutive games. It's not completely his fault; the offensive line is a joke, Clinton Portis is banged up, and the pass catchers, save Chris Cooley, have gone missing for long stretches.

Which is why Campbell may have decided just to take things into his own hands. Midway through the second quarter with Washington holding a 7-0 lead, Campbell scrambled for 22 yards on third-and-eight. The Redskins would have to punt four plays later, and the Cowboys would tie the score seven plays after that, but that's beside the point. That Campbell steamrolled Dallas safety Pat Watkins into oblivion, that's the point.

Sure, it didn't have any bearing on the final score, but it sure had to be embarrassing for Watkins.

I have this vision of Campbell coming to the sidelines, finding Shaun Alexander, and very politely explaining, "see, that's how you run the ball."

wow what a chump attempt at a stab. SO bascially your QB running through a safety in the open field is how an RB getting hit byt 2-3 guys at the line is suppose to run. I have this vision of someone finding you and telling you to wake up. Pathetic. Were was this last week when Sa ran throught 3 guys for a 4 yard game. Oh You forgot about that didn't you.

Yeah, ok. I'm sure Alexander will show Campbell his MVP trophy to which Jason Campbell will NEVER even remotely get close to getting.

WOW

HOLY CRAP

You can see into the future?

What should I invest in?

Please PM me, we should keep this a secret.

He has only gotten 11 caries guys. A little tough to do mcuh with 11 carries and still trying to figure out the run game. The SKins run game is nto the same as the Ahwks your cust are different adn Alexande ris still getting use to them He has only hd 11 carrie sand has not gotten allot of reps in practice. And I am sure his run last week for 4 yards through 3 guys when there was no hole meant nothing.

wow what a chump attempt at a stab. SO bascially your QB running through a safety in the open field is how an RB getting hit byt 2-3 guys at the line is suppose to run. I have this vision of someone finding you and telling you to wake up. Pathetic. Were was this last week when Sa ran throught 3 guys for a 4 yard game. Oh You forgot about that didn't you.

What this thread is all about is the fact that SA is TenderFootin', running like he's wearing ballerina shoes or something. He did the same in the Seattle. His heart just isn't in it. One man should have to put in some work to bring down a guy with SA's size. He's not even getting hit hard and going down. I'm not seeing the lowering of the shoulders, the legs churning, etc. And neither is anyone else, and that's why SA's card is getting pulled.

That was an awesome play by JC.

It was one of the plays of the game. I've been saying for a while now, with his size and speed we should definitely steal some of the old designed sneak plays the yeagles used to run for McNabb. Not too many, but maybe 3 per game could be very effective.

But he needs to learn how to slide rather then risk taking a hit from a real safety when we're playing teams other than Dallass.

What this thread is all about is the fact that SA is TenderFootin', running like he's wearing ballerina shoes or something. He did the same in the Seattle. His heart just isn't in it. One man should have to put in some work to bring down a guy with SA's size. He's not even getting hit hard and going down. I'm not seeing the lowering of the shoulders, the legs churning, etc. And neither is anyone else, and that's why SA's card is getting pulled.

OK if you say so. I eman I woudl think Zorn saying Alexander is still getting use to teh cuts we make as they are different than in Seattle might have more to do with it. But hey why let th etruth get in the way of a good lie. I mean his run last week for 4 yards through 3 guys sure looked like tip toeing to me. But again why let teh truth get in the way of a good lie. By the way he got 1 yard on that. Bettws got 1 yard on his only carry. Portis got 1 yard or less on 5 of his carries and one one lost 2 yards adn was taken down by one person. Hmm. Oh well like I said why let the thruth get in the way of a good lie.

Archived