Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zorn Presser: Injury Update

dwills1

Our needs are going to be plentiful in the next few offseasons. A lot of our starters are up in age at all spots, especially OL, DL, and LB.

I'm not too worried about LB cuz I feel like we can get quality players early or late in the draft to fill that need.

Both lines need a massive overhaul. Its not a matter of depth or quality players here. Its about accumulating as many studs as possible. I think Chris Samuels is a great LT, and if he can stay healthy he surely has a few seasons left in him. That doesn't mean we shouldn't try drafting or signing an LT.

PS. Get some DTs that can actually get penetration, please!!!!

Thats why I gave last years draft a low score. Future prospects and backups on offense when our defense needed a overhall badly.

We need to dump MW and SS will not be back so it doesnt matter.

We need to finally get a good a DT/DE. Im sure we'll look to FA for a proven player(Suggs or Haynesworth), so I would like to see some early picks go LB/RT, and look at center later in the draft.

Marcus has definitely seen a decrease in his play this year. Plus he cant stay healthy. We need another LB or two, but I think Blades can become a capable starter.

I agree with this, my issue is do we need 'capable' starters. We have lots of mid /lower round drafted players on our D who are (very) capable players, the problem is we may need to replace Washington/Springs/Griffin/Jason Taylor within 2-3 years with some excellent players....

Marcus has definitely seen a decrease in his play this year. Plus he cant stay healthy. We need another LB or two, but I think Blades can become a capable starter.

I definitely identified LB as a need for next year's draft some time ago. We have some age and have few young replacement options.

As for Blades, I don't know if he's a direct replacement for Washington. He doesn't seem physical enough.

yeah I agree with the posts here, Springs is a heck of a player, but he his performance hasn't matched his salary. Did he at one point hold out a few seasons ago? If I'm mistaken, I know he has held out on me in my franchise in Madden like every season. I wouldn't say that Hall would take the #1 spot, if we draft a corner early, he better have great sizeand strength.

How many people on this board could play with a torn calf muscle?

What's that? No? Your a bunch of *******!!!

How long do you think it takes to get back to 100% when you tear a muscle?

Study up on it and then make your comments about how much of a girl SS is.

The guy is a beast when he's on the field.

HTTR!!!

HTTR!!!

Exactly.

:notworthy:applause::notworthy:applause:

HTTR!!!

I hear you but when you see a Portis with a torn knee ligament who couldn't bend his leg until late Friday while you see Springs on the sideline standing for 3 hours yukking it up(as well as never been up to helping the team with restructuring of his contract to allow cap relief or new signings or missing a quarter of the season seemingly every season)...it gets old quick. Hail Portis.

Springs might have been a great player but hes hurt most of the time. there is no reason he should be playing here or anywhere after this year.

MW is a good player but same with him, injuries all the time keep him from playing. I doubt he will stick around anymore.

we defintly need help with DL and OLB, and the whole OL will prolly need overhaul in next one-two years.

HTTR!!!

See Jason Taylor who had 2 surgeries. SS is a baby stop defending him. It's not like this is the first time he's been injured either. You will see when he expresses his concern to be a cowboy.

Springs might have been a great player but hes hurt most of the time.

What!? This is a revelation for you? This was the knock with him in Seattle.

Frankly, his injury is to his most vital function...running.

TO would have burned him all night.

You fellas really need to think a bit before you type. Springs is not a quitter...and he would have loved to have been out there last night.

Take a deep breath, fellas.

HTTR!!!

It wouldn't be that big of a deal if Springs wasn't out there shooting off his mouth about how he could never miss an NFC East game and that he would be ready to go.

Archived