Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Riggins makes me sick

spjunkies

You young guys amaze me. How can you be so loyal to guys who can never win a big game ?

I could care less if this whole team left . This core has proven not to be winners.

Riggins didnt show up a winner. What was he 32, in his 11th year, and on his 2nd team when he won the superbowl MVP. He had to try and fail again and again before he and the Redskins broke through. I bet you werent saying that crap about him being a proven winner when he was holding out in training camp in 1980.

What makes the great ones great isnt the gold. Its getting to the Gold. Its the journey. To question a Redskins fan's loyalty to a current Redskins doesnt make sense. Redskins fans want to support a legend Redskins. On top of that Redskins fans want to see the next chapter of our legend written. We want to be apart of this chapter and when its written put it right next to the rest of the Burgandy and Gold lore like 70 chip.

Of course you dont care if our whole team left. I mean, whats a core skin anyways.

The reason we arnt so loyal to Riggins is because he played in a different era of football, and things change. Teams dont have what riggins had, which players stay with a specific team and get to bond with one another for years.

A different era? The Giants play the same way the redskins did inthe 80s.

The era of winning is never over. You have good teams and average teams.

Probably the most childish comment I've ever seen here on ES. Why don't you grow the **** up.

You're pathetic.

so this girl says portis is right about saying our oline sucks.... when infact he is the 2nd best rusher in the nfl? i mean if there is anyone that should whine , its campbell not portis son. at least our oline does well with run. its pass protection that this oline sucks at. and then all riggo did was question portis injury this week. not sure where u were but i heard that it was a serious injury. matter of fact that it was worse than betts and betts was our for almost 4 weeks.... then i heard portis say " if it was the super bowl, i wont be able to go." then all of a sudden the guy plays and play like there is nothing wrong with him...... sure its ok to question him. aint nothing wrong that man. and im the patheitc one? make a case then i wont go around saying " do the dishes...." naaaaaa h meen?

Riggins didnt show up a winner. What was he 32, in his 11th year, and on his 2nd team when he won the superbowl MVP. He had to try and fail again and again before he and the Redskins broke through. I bet you werent saying that crap about him being a proven winner when he was holding out in training camp in 1980.

What makes the great ones great isnt the gold. Its getting to the Gold. Its the journey. To question a Redskins fan's loyalty to a current Redskins doesnt make sense. Redskins fans want to support a legend Redskins. On top of that Redskins fans want to see the next chapter of our legend written. We want to be apart of this chapter and when its written put it right next to the rest of the Burgandy and Gold lore like 70 chip.

Of course you dont care if our whole team left. I mean, whats a core skin anyways.

Exactly!!:applause::applause: We want to write the next chapter to our legend, especially us young people.

so this girl says portis is right about saying our oline sucks.... when infact he is the 2nd best rusher in the nfl? i mean if there is anyone that should whine , its campbell not portis son. at least our oline does well with run. its pass protection that this oline sucks at. and then all riggo did was question portis injury this week. not sure where u were but i heard that it was a serious injury. matter of fact that it was worse than betts and betts was our for almost 4 weeks.... then i heard portis say " if it was the super bowl, i wont be able to go." then all of a sudden the guy plays and play like there is nothing wrong with him...... sure its ok to question him. aint nothing wrong that man. and im the patheitc one? make a case then i wont go around saying " do the dishes...." naaaaaa h meen?

My cases:

1) Santana 89 is probably more of a man, persay, than you'll ever be.

2) Clinton made his comments around week 2. We struggled badly against NYG. CP made his comments to the reporter, and the O-Line suddenly starts playing better. If you do not remember, after CP made his comments, was when we went on our 4 game winning streak, beating Dallas and Philly in there places.

3) Maybe it's time CP makes another comment to the reporters so the O-Line will step up again.

A different era? The Giants play the same way the redskins did inthe 80s.

The era of winning is never over. You have good teams and average teams.

I agree the physicall aspect of the game never change, but the play calling and schemes does. The talent and play calling for players constantly changing every season, for example Jason Campbell having a different offence almost every new season.

My cases:

1) Santana 89 is probably more of a man, persay, than you'll ever be.

2) Clinton made his comments around week 2. We struggled badly against NYG. CP made his comments to the reporter, and the O-Line suddenly starts playing better. If you do not remember, after CP made his comments, was when we went on our 4 game winning streak, beating Dallas and Philly in there places.

3) Maybe it's time CP makes another comment to the reporters so the O-Line will step up again.

right so after 2 games he gonna whine and moan? we here after 10 weeks whining and moan about how ineffective our O is and you delusional fans want to kill us for saying our offense sucks...... go figure. where do people like u come from?

listen pal, riggo is part of the media now and he has the right to question it. u gotta problem with that? if u do, tough luck. just like i have problem with our pathetic offense and mediocre jason campbell.......... tough luck right?

right so after 2 games he gonna whine and moan? we here after 10 weeks whining and moan about how ineffective our O is and you delusional fans want to kill us for saying our offense sucks...... go figure. where do people like u come from?

listen pal, riggo is part of the media now and he has the right to question it. u gotta problem with that? if u do, tough luck. just like i have problem with our pathetic offense and mediocre jason campbell.......... tough luck right?

I could give 2 ****s what Riggo says about our team, or any reporter for that matter. It doesn't bother me. What bothered me was your comment towards Santana 89.

With a comment like that, it really shows how manly you are, huh? Later, tough guy.

I've said this b4 but i think it's envy. Don't get me wrong, i luv riggins and have alot of dvds to watch his highlights. I kno all his career stats by heart and i appreciate all he's done for this franchise. But IMHO, i beleive he doesnt like the fact that CP has a very good chance to take his throne as "the best running back in franchise history". Once CP retires, he will probably be known to the entire fanbase as the best back we've seen here. He has a chance to shatter all Riggins' records and i believe that "title" is sumthin Riggins holds dear. I could be wrong and i kno ALOT of you will disagree with me but thats just my opinion.

whats wrong with what he said? i thought he wasnt gonnaplay either. i heard portis said " if this game was the super bowl, i wont be able to play" then all of a sudden, he plays and actually plays like there is nothing wrong ? i dont know man, aint nothing wrong with questioning in my opinion. i dont know, u got beef with riggins for questining that or u just dont like riggins?

He made that comment on Tuesday saying if the Superbowl was tomorrow or something like that.

Riggins was a great Redskin player. He now uses that as cover so he can bash the team, and Portis, for ratings sake. He's become a real douche bag.

He also fails to ever mention how he himself refused to practice at times, walking off the practice field on more than one occasion. And, as RedskinFanInTX already said, was famous for laying in traction during the week, then playing like Superman on Sunday. So, his statement is the definition of hypocrisy.

BTW ~ As much as I like Portis now, and as much as I liked Riggins (as a player)

Larry Brown always has been, and always will be, my all-time favorite Redskin RB.

BTW ~ As much as I like Portis now, and as much as I liked Riggins (as a player)

Larry Brown always has been, and always will be, my all-time favorite Redskin RB.

I've made the statement for the last couple of years now that Clinton Portis is the best running back I've ever seen play for the Redskins. I always try to remember to say "I've ever seen" specifically with Larry Brown in mind. I don't remember Larry but folks slightly older than me do swear by him so I try and defer to you guys.

As for this thread and Riggins, it's just more of the same. Riggins is just a bitter old guy who was a product of a great offensive line. There I said it. He wore out his welcome with the Jets and was a mediocre player through the 1982 season (plus walked out on his team and quit in 1980....real great teammate there). He refused to talk to Joe Gibbs during the 82 season. Great leadership there.

John Riggins had a small run of really good football. 1982 playoffs through the 1984 season. That's two seasons and a playoff run. This of course coincided with the offensive line developing into one of the great run blocking lines in NFL history. When Riggins "faked injuries" (if he's suggesting Portis did then I'll do the same for him) our other running backs still came in and had big games. Joe Washington ran for over 100 yards when starting for Riggins. As did Keith Griffin. Riggins wasn't "all that", his Oline (and Joey T) were. Also I'll use Riggins own excuses in ripping Portis (Oline, other factors other than talent account for his success) on his (Riggins) signature play. That run in the Super Bowl (I believe the one and only reason Riggins is in the HOF btw) was perfectly blocked by his Oline. All Riggins had to do is get to the gaping hole. It became a touchdown because Don McNeal slipped while coming back in motion following Didier. Had he not slipped, Riggins would have had the first down but would have been tackled right there. Thanks to the slip, McNeal didn't get a clean shot on him. See anyone can play this game if they really want to.

Also if Riggins is being this critical of Portis because of his comments regarding the Oline (CP was right by the way) and he's feeling defensive about Joe Bugel, I wonder if Riggins has seen the History of the Redskins DVD. In that Bugel comes out and admits that the Redskins were being charitable in keeping Riggins in 1985 and that he really didn't deserve to be on that team but they kept him around as a goodbye gesture.

Generation IPOD chill out.

Just because you bought his jersey, Portis is not above questioning.

And this morning they were clowning Riggo asking if he thought Portis pulled a Riggins hurt all week to avoid practice and miraculous ready to play on Sundays or a coordinated effort by the team to cross up the pokes?

OK, after all of this I feel he shoud have had more than just 15 carries. I'm thinking he only had 5 in the second half. We have a line that's pretty good at run blocking, but horrible at pass blocking and he gets 15 carries. We drove the ball down to the 19 in the second half and then have to get fancy and attempt three straight passes. Missed FG. We have a 1,000 yard rusher. We should have kept pounding it.

whats wrong with what he said? i thought he wasnt gonnaplay either. i heard portis said " if this game was the super bowl, i wont be able to play" then all of a sudden, he plays and actually plays like there is nothing wrong ? i dont know man, aint nothing wrong with questioning in my opinion. i dont know, u got beef with riggins for questining that or u just dont like riggins?

Oh ye of short memory, if you thought that was the real CP out there, you and Riggo must not have watched CP play all year. Last night Clinton was not finishing runs, there were a couple of plays he could have punished the tackler like he always does but he went down and soon as he was hit. He came out the game and did not rush to get back in, what Clinton/The Skins did was no different from any other team in the NFL dealing with injuries week to week.

I know the dude is God on here, but I can't take his moaning about Clinton anymore.

On the 980 post game show he said "on Friday Portis was limping around, but tonight he's superman? I dunno, but something doesn't jive with me"

Can someone PLEASE explain why this man hates 26? the man came out and has done NOTHING but fight his guts out.

Lay the **** off.

Riggins is dead on, Portis is a prima donna, he wanted all the attention during the week, and he got it. Then he wanted to make it look like he saved the day when he played and they won, then he could be praised for playing hurt.

Well two things went wrong, you were not as hurt as you made out and we lost.

Archived