Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zorn works out with President Bush (via USATODAY)

Mooka

Seems our coach is no stranger to the White House. Sorry if this has been posted, didn't see it.

—Zorn went bike riding with President Bush again over the weekend. That figures to be the last time that the coach will be a special guest of the White House since his in with the President was through ex-teammate and close friend Steve Largent, a former Republican congressman. Zorn doesn't have any connections with President-elect Barack Obama, a Democrat and a basketball junkie.

"We went for a workout," Zorn said. "He rides all the time. (Bush) rode me into the ground. He's in tremendous shape. He's a competitor. When he has a chance to play hard, he plays hard."

:cool:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/redskins/home.htm

My favorite Obama quote was last year, during one of the primary debates. The moderator asked Clinton and Obama what they did before the debate (ridiculous question of course), and each looked surprised by the question. Hillary had gone shopping with Chelsea, and Barack had watched football. "What happened in the games?" the moderator joked, and Obama kind of shrugged his shoulders in disappointment, and said, "well, the Redskins lost."

So maybe he IS a Skins fan? :)

Zorn talked about this a little bit yesterday on the Sports Reporters.

It was pretty cool. He talked about going to an undisclosed location in Northern VA where the President had alot of space to bike.

Like Zooney said, that has got to be pretty damn cool to have the President call you up and invite you to be a part of his weekend recreation "crew".

My favorite Obama quote was last year, during one of the primary debates. The moderator asked Clinton and Obama what they did before the debate (ridiculous question of course), and each looked surprised by the question. Hillary had gone shopping with Chelsea, and Barack had watched football. "What happened in the games?" the moderator joked, and Obama kind of shrugged his shoulders in disappointment, and said, "well, the Redskins lost."

So maybe he IS a Skins fan? :)

I doubt he's a fan. I'm sure his comment was related to the "Redskins Rule" that's the only reason he was interested in the Skins game.

Archived