Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Biggest Game In Campbell's Career This Sunday Night

kingdaddy

I agree, but to say an unsigned FA? Comeon man do you have common sense? I would say he is a little bit more than a game manager wouldn't you think? Brunell, thats a game manager. Kerry Collins, thats a game manager. I would say Campbell has the athletic ability to be beyond a game manager. And What exactly is your complaint dude...being a game manager is a good thing when your in the first year of an offensive system. Do you expect him to learn the system and excel in it that fast?

Hasselbeck didn't even do that good his first year in this same system, and Hasselbeck has been to a superbowl. Be patient man, its fans like you that make football fans look stupid. You cant expect Campbell to learn this new offense and be putting up Kurt Warner numbers just like that. It takes time, and not only is it a new system its a completely different philosophy.

New system is nothing more then a convenient excuse for yet another year of mediocre QB play. He couldn't learn Al Saunder's system either. Explain to me how do Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco(didn't even play DI college ball) come in and perform just as well as JC in their first year in the NFL? Athletic ability is nice but if he doesn't make fast enough reads with a slow release it doesn't mean anything. Jeff George was a great athlete, hell he can still throw the ball 60yds off his back foot at 40.

Oh and for the record his stats are very comparable to Brunell's. I remember Mark completing 60% of his passes for 15TDs a year while throwing 5yd hitches and crossing routes to Cooley.

New system is nothing more then a convenient excuse for yet another year of mediocre QB play. He couldn't learn Al Saunder's system either. Explain to me how do Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco(didn't even play DI college ball) come in and perform just as well as JC in their first year in the NFL? Athletic ability is nice but if he doesn't make fast enough reads with a slow release it doesn't mean anything. Jeff George was a great athlete, hell he can still throw the ball 60yds off his back foot at 40.

Oh and for the record his stats are very comparable to Brunell's. I remember Mark completing 60% of his passes for 15TDs a year while throwing 5yd hitches and crossing routes to Cooley.

Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco's ratings are not even near Campbells rating. They aren't really lighting it up, and their play is comparable to Campbells because they are in the first year of a new offense as well. Expect all three of them to get better and better next year in the same offense.

And for the record, have you ever seen Campbell play? No really, go watch all of his highlights on youtube. If you count how many seconds it takes from the snap to his throw, almost every throw was made within 3 seconds. That is the time a Qb needs, at least 3 seconds. Against pittsburgh, he had 1, maybe 2 seconds to throw it. His release is fine, but pittsburghs pass rush forced him into sacks, NOT his long release.

This is his biggest game. Period. I'm not calling for his head should he not perform but it will define him for the remainder of this season, like it or not. It is yet another Nationally Televised game and without a MVP running all over the place an opportunity for Campbell to prove he was worth everything we have spent on him. I've been up and down on him all year because he shows signs of playing well, but disappoints at other times. All he needs to do this game, is win. He doesn't need huge numbers, just a win, because of his play. The team as a whole struggles to score and that starts and ends with the QB. I don't want to hear about our OLine anymore this season. There are plenty of teams with far worse to work with that have their QB playing very well. How the hell badly can the Oline be playing while the #1 rusher(until last week) was running behind them?!? Eventually you have to cut the cord and that time for JC is right now.:2cents:

Explain to me how do Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco(didn't even play DI college ball) come in and perform just as well as JC in their first year in the NFL?

my man ... :stfu: with that mess. really.

There numbers are no where as good, and those two qb's while nice, haven't played the same quality of teams JC has played. And, this is their first rodeo cowboy ... wait until D's get more of a book on their tendencies - see Derek Anderson.

Yea man ..let JC throw some deep joints!

Seems like every other game is the 'biggest of JC's career' lol

Can you tell me a game that has been bigger in his career to this point? If we win we're 7-3 and knock the Cowboys all but out. If we lose, particularly because he plays poorly, we're back in a struggle for the wild card. Campbell needs to have a big day and make plays similar to how he stepped up late in the Saints game. I want to see some intensity out of him. I want to see him tuck it down and run a few times. I want to see him go to a 3rd receiver. I want to see him take charge of this team and will them to victory like some other QB's are known to do. This game is a statement game for JC! He needs to show up and out play Romo sits to pee.

I know he has it in him.

I wouldn't call it the biggest game of his career. I mean any game a Redskins QB plays against the Cowboys is big, I'm sure people said the same thing before the last Cowboys game. If Betts is healthy the running game should be fine, Betts isn't going to get any 20 yard runs like Portis but if he's healthy he'll give you a good consistent 4 yards a rush. If Clinton doesn't play I think they may try and get by with only playing 7 in the box, which would be a mistake since we can still run with Betts. I'm hoping Cooley has a big game since I think they'll be concentrating on taking away Santana.

Santana is still gimpy Portis even if he plays wont be close to 100% and the other question is how effective will Cris Samuels be with his knee?

But of course Maddenites will ignore 2 out of the big 3 on offense potentially not being in the game and have the Blame JC posts on the ready if things don't turn out as we like.

Santana is still gimpy Portis even if he plays wont be close to 100% and the other question is how effective will Cris Samuels be with his knee?

But of course Maddenites will ignore 2 out of the big 3 on offense potentially not being in the game and have the Blame JC posts on the ready if things don't turn out as we like.

Look JC was drafted in the 1st round to be a FRANCHISE QB. If he can't win without CP running crazy then he isn't worth a new contract. The majority of starting NFL QBs can throw for 200yds a game with 8TDs in 9 games when they have the league leading rusher lining up in the backfield. We're at home on the national stage against our biggest rival. All these "player x, y, z was out" excuses are for losers. The Steelers haven't had the starting RB, QB or defense completely healthy and kicked us around like red headed step children.

Look JC was drafted in the 1st round to be a FRANCHISE QB. If he can't win without CP running crazy then he isn't worth a new contract. The majority of starting NFL QBs can throw for 200yds a game with 8TDs in 9 games when they have the league leading rusher lining up in the backfield. We're at home on the national stage against our biggest rival. All these "player x, y, z was out" excuses are for losers. The Steelers haven't had the starting RB, QB or defense completely healthy and kicked us around like red headed step children.

What was the excuse for Colt as to why he couldn't beat Georgia?

He had no offensive line? Well, if Colt can't win without a good offensive line than he doesn't deserve to start either.

See, I can do it too.

As a "Maddenite" I resent that.

Let's just say less than logical people will be the ones with the Blame JC posts.

:stop: Spare me the bull**** dude, Colt will never see the field in his career. He is the reincarnation of Ty Detmer. Career backup.

Speaking of career backups, that's exactly what JC is. Our team did well when he was 3rd stringer. Hell, when he was put on IR last year Todd Collins did well. That shows you right there JC is not more than a Detmer clone. Brunell is clearly the answer, Gibbs saw something why can't you.

Speaking of career backups, that's exactly what JC is. Our team did well when he was 3rd stringer. Hell, when he was put on IR last year Todd Collins did well. That shows you right there JC is not more than a Detmer clone. Brunell is clearly the answer, Gibbs saw something why can't you.

I agree though, Brunell is better than JC....he's just not as good as CB5

Archived