Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

bruce smith charged with dui

Stone Cold

wtf is this guy doing. let's hope the end of his career doesn't mirror another prominent athlete from hampton roads (sweatpea). this is the 2nd such incident in the past few years...

"VIRGINIA BEACH — Veteran Washington Redskins defensive lineman Bruce Smith was charged early Sunday morning with driving under the influence of alcohol after a police officer stopped him for speeding on Shore Drive.

The officer gave Smith a ticket for traveling 61 mph in 45 mph zone and charged him with DUI, said Mike Carey, a police spokesman. He was stopped at 2:21 a.m. near the intersection of Great Neck Road. "

for more http://home.hamptonroads.com/stories/story.cfm?story=53393&ran=6155

:doh:

Classic Bruce, creating controversy and turmoil before the season starts. Now... and you can write this down.....he'll go on T.V. and hem and haw about how this affects his life, how he's now reconsidering playing for the Redskins, that the sack record doesn't mean anything to him and he needs to get his personal life in order. He'll drag this out for media face time until TC starts.

The quicker he is released and fades in the Redskins rear view mirror the better.

Originally posted by Cskin

Classic Bruce, creating controversy and turmoil before the season starts. Now... and you can write this down.....he'll go on T.V. and hem and haw about how this affects his life, how he's now reconsidering playing for the Redskins, that the sack record doesn't mean anything to him and he needs to get his personal life in order. He'll drag this out for media face time until TC starts.

The quicker he is released and fades in the Redskins rear view mirror the better.

How do you really feel? :laugh: Come one guys, he's a good player and considering he's our #1 pass rusher right now, let's just hope this blows over. I don't really see any controversy and turmoil here.

Originally posted by Cskin

Classic Bruce, creating controversy and turmoil before the season starts. Now... and you can write this down.....he'll go on T.V. and hem and haw ....

The quicker he is released and fades in the Redskins rear view

mirror the better.

Ouch. Sleep on the couch last night, Cskin? :)

I'm not the biggest Bruce fan, but this is a little harsh. Probably half the drivers on the road at midnight Saturday are driving 15 over the limit with a blood alcohol level of .07 (below the legal limit, if you read the article). That doesn't make it right, but it's the truth.

Bruce in a wheelchair is still our best pass rush. Let's not rush him out the door just yet.

How convenient this is for Bruce. How much do you want to bet that by the time training camp starts he will enter some voluntary "treatment" so he doesn't have to practice. Every year he seems to nurse some injury that miraculously heals by the time training camp is over. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Buddha

"State law allows for DUI citations even when the blood-alcohol level is legal if, in the judgment of the arresting officer, other evidence of impairment exists."

Great, so our best pass-rushing DE is impaired even if he's not drunk! :doh: ;)

Uh oh, a "judgement" call. Not reviewable. Let's face it, we're all humans and we all make mistakes. If Bruse was under the legal limit, he'll beat the charges. Why set a legal limit if you can ticket someone when they're under it? I'm not arguing that he should be allowed to drink and drive. I'm saying a limit that means nothing is BS. This guy recognized who he pulled over and will probably get five minutes of fame for it. I bet his chest is still puffy. Speeding is wrong and he should get a ticket. Under the limit is UNDER the limit. :doh:

I personally never take anyone drunk to the tank unless I know roadside 100% if their going to blow over .08. I'd be especially sure with a celeb or sports figure because I know I'm going to court, I hope the officer who has the case is equally as smart.

It does baffle me to all you DWIers out there, why speed? Be like all the other drunks I have to catch slipping and at least make an effort not to make yourself noticable. 15mph over the speed limit will get you pulled over 99% of the time if I got you locked in on radar. 100% of the time at 2 in the morning

Originally posted by KevinthePRF

15mph over the speed limit will get you pulled over 99% of the time if I got you locked in on radar.

Obviously you don't work in Atlanta. As compensation for the traffic at rush hour, the federal speed limit is considered a reminder -- as in, "Remember, the Yankees don't want you exceeding this speed. So let's not catch you slowing down anywhere near that speed."

Originally posted by Atlanta Skins Fan

Obviously you don't work in Atlanta. As compensation for the traffic at rush hour, the federal speed limit is considered a reminder -- as in, "Remember, the Yankees don't want you exceeding this speed. So let's not catch you slowing down anywhere near that speed."

I've been in Atlanta at "rush hour" and there is no rushing about it. They could post the speed at 100, it wouldn't help any with you sitting in gridlock.

Archived