Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

bruce smith charged with dui

Stone Cold

I just can't believe someone is going to have to go to court over blowing a .07. That's not even illegal. And these underpaid law enforcement people want me to feel sorrry for them? Quit clogging our court rooms with crap like this and go out and catch the real criminals.

Originally posted by NavyDave

I thought the traffic jams/gridlock in Atlanta ended when Freaknic became extinct:rolleyes:

No, when Freaknic ended, that just meant you don't have people dancing on top of your car while you sit in traffic.

girloncar.jpg

I moved in town and run my own time, so I hardly ever have to deal with traffic. But it's out there, like a moat of death, waiting for all the lemmings to run out the door at the exact same moment.

I bet if aliens are studying humans from outer space, their biggest laugh is rush hour in big cities. I mean, we must look like complete morons. :doh:

Originally posted by endzone_dave

I just can't believe someone is going to have to go to court over blowing a .07. That's not even illegal. And these underpaid law enforcement people want me to feel sorrry for them? Quit clogging our court rooms with crap like this and go out and catch the real criminals.

Hey endzone Dave, personally, the lowest I've convicted is a .10. But, there are some circumstances that justify lower than a .08. A young girl in our city got convicted at a .05 because the officer, following her so it was all on tape, observed her in decent traffic, crossing the yellow line like it wasn't there causing other cars to swerve out of her way. The police got her out and she could barely stand, much less pass any field sobriety tests. At the station we couldn't believe the results of Intox, She was a little thing, and had the alcohol tolerance of a fruit fly.

If your content with someone like that, swerving across the center line and get in a head on collision with you while your on your way home from work. (It was around 6pm), then god bless you.

.07 ?????????

The legal limit is .08 so I don't see what the problem is. Sounds like a cop with a little too much testosterone, as most are. Don't they have better things to do?? Just makes me hate cops even more......no offense Kevin. Sorry, but I have to say that cops spend too much time concentrating on the wrong issues. A .07 pull-over should be "hey man, be cool and go home. Stay under the speed limit and have a good season. Take care and here's your speeding ticket. Later." Instead it is a legal i$$ue and the courtroom will be held up for a non-issue. Pisses me off.

Originally posted by KevinthePRF

Hey endzone Dave, personally, the lowest I've convicted is a .10. But, there are some circumstances that justify lower than a .08. A young girl in our city got convicted at a .05 because the officer, following her so it was all on tape, observed her in decent traffic, crossing the yellow line like it wasn't there causing other cars to swerve out of her way. The police got her out and she could barely stand, much less pass any field sobriety tests. At the station we couldn't believe the results of Intox, She was a little thing, and had the alcohol tolerance of a fruit fly.

If your content with someone like that, swerving across the center line and get in a head on collision with you while your on your way home from work. (It was around 6pm), then god bless you.

Do you think Bruce Smith has the tolerance of a fruit fly?

Originally posted by endzone_dave

Do you think Bruce Smith has the tolerance of a fruit fly?

Of course not, and I feel Bruce Smith will probably get dismissed from the charge. I was just giving you an example that someone indeed can be charged with DWI without being .08. The .08 does not determine if your actually guilty or not of DWI, it's just state's evidence to back up the officer's opinion you were indeed drunk. But the .08 is the DMV's statute to revoke your license for thirty days(in NC where I work, and most other states).

Now understand in a DWI stop, Bruce Smith's probably included, that determining alcohol content is one of the last steps in the DWI process. The officer probably formed the opinion Bruce Smith was drunk with sobriety tests and other observations before charging him arresting him, and taking him to the station for the Intox test to come up with the .07. And you don't "unarrest" someone who comes up .01 short, about two beers for someone Bruce's size, you'll get yourself in hot water for with your higher ups for doing that.

apparently Bruce likes the sauce

My Tech buddies who knew him tell me that's not the only thing he liked in College. Put it this way: Bruce and Fred Smoot would have hung with each other pretty well. So friggin what. Remember the Terry Allen incident? Riggo?

Archived