Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We Still need a #2 WR

Chiefinonhaze

It seems as if we have been saying this for a few years now. It is unacceptable that we still dont have a wide reciever opposite of Moss. I think this is our biggest problem on offense, and has been our biggest problem for years now. Randel el is at best a # 3 wr...We got Lloyd for this purpose but he just didn't work out. I do not think our offense will get to the next level untill we find someone to line up opposite of moss. If Thomas or Kelly doesn't step up soon, then our offense will remain stagnant untill they do.

My belief is that we just don't incorporate them very well execution wise (yet). There is talent there in both Thomas and El (even Thrash IMO).

As it is, Cooley is our #2.

But thats the thing, Cooley is not a wide reciever. We need another outside threat. Randel el is more of a Wes Welker type reciever. Teams can double Moss and shut us down. This is why Zorn drafted two recievers so early, he acknowledges this asa major weakness.

Randle El is better suited as a slot reciever. That being said, some people on this board are a little bit too hard on Randle El, he has pretty good numbers this year for a #2 reciever and he makes some really good plays for us.

I'm not saying he should be our #2, but saying "He's a #3 at BEST" is not accurate at all in my oppinion because he is a great #3.

Moss is great at giving the db a move and getting separation except that doesn't always work when being double teamed. While watching games this weekend I noticed qbs over and over throw the ball deep and high and the WR's go up, wrestle the ball away from the db and make the play. We have nobody right now who can do that.

Thomas just really needs to step it up.

QFT!!

What I don't get is he still is having trouble running routes and often can't remember which reciever he is (i.e. X, Y). What is the deal? Is he slow or just doesn't care? Their are many other rookie recievers that seem not to have this issue. It is not like it is still the pre-season.:mad:

Randle El is better suited as a slot reciever. That being said, some people on this board are a little bit too hard on Randle El, he has pretty good numbers this year for a #2 reciever and he makes some really good plays for us.

I'm not saying he should be our #2, but saying "He's a #3 at BEST" is not accurate at all in my oppinion because he is a great #3.

He is a # 3 at best. The reason we are not productive is because he is not getting enough separation. He should be putting up good numbers with Moss and Cooley drawing double teams. A good # 2 would be able to excel in this offense IMO. We despearetly need a possesion reciever who can make those tough catches on third down. Randel el simply cannot do that. He is a servicable #2, but he would excel in the slot ala Wes Welker. If we want to get to the next level we need to move Randel el to the Slot.

When Zorn first was hired, he even said in his interview that Randel el is an amazing slot reciever. These were his intentions all along but he hasn't found a guy to be the # 2 yet.

Its kind of funny how so many are still assuming that Thomas will eventually become #2-worthy. On what basis? He can run 8 yards and turn around, and that is all he can do.

Thomas is a project for sure. I don't expect any production from him until next year.

I think Malcolm Kelly could be productive if he wasn't injured.

Why aren't we working in Fred Davis more? That's my concern.

Last season: "The Skins need receivers!"

'08 Draft.

Current season: "These guys aren't doing anything!"

ES: "STFU, they are projects."

That brings us back to the original issue.

It's not just last season dude, we have been saying this since 2004. We honestly have not had anyone to take pressure off of Moss since he has been here.

Thomas is a project for sure. I don't expect any production from him until next year.

I think Malcolm Kelly could be productive if he wasn't injured.

Why aren't we working in Fred Davis more? That's my concern.

Davis is starting to get more playing time. Cooley is the #1 TE, Yoder, and then Davis. Thomas, Kelly, and Davis= the future.

If Kelly can ever get past his knee problems, I seriously think he could be our #2. Thomas could very well be that guy; though I am still left anxiously waiting for him to step-up and supplant Randle El or hands-down beat out everyone as our #3. This might be a stretch, but if Thomas continues to develop, I could see him becoming a smaller Anquan Boldin kind of receiver (very physical and versatile).

With Thomas's strength, I'd love to see him and Thrash or Cooley line-up with Moss in TRIPS formation and run some more quick screens.

It seems as if we have been saying this for a few years now. It is unacceptable that we still dont have a wide reciever opposite of Moss. I think this is our biggest problem on offense, and has been our biggest problem for years now. Randel el is at best a # 3 wr...We got Lloyd for this purpose but he just didn't work out. I do not think our offense will get to the next level untill we find someone to line up opposite of moss. If Thomas or Kelly doesn't step up soon, then our offense will remain stagnant untill they do.

We have one. Just he has, uhmmm, "dodgy" knees.

Hail.

TRADE UP TO GET CRABTREE!!!!

Just kidding, but the dude is a BEAST AND MONSTER, or whatever you want to call him, watch the TT vs. Texas game 2 weeks ago.

But i say go get TJ Hajsdklfjaksdj (sp..lol) from the bengals in the offseason, along with signing Hall (hopefully he plays like he did in ATL) I dont think we will have enough money.

Then go and draft Defense in the draft, along with getting another young O lineman

Oh and as much as I love him on ST and as a WR, get rid of thrash.

THAT IS MY MASTER PLAN

HTTR

:point2sky

Archived