Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Malcolm Kelly....status?

hunterx

I don't think they would have released Torrence if MK was going to IR

I don't think one has to do with the other. We picked up a DB and cut a DB. It's more of a numbers game at the position. Kelly could still go on IR and we could still sign a WR because that is a need at the moment.

I don't think one has to do with the other. We picked up a DB and cut a DB. It's more of a numbers game at the position. Kelly could still go on IR and we could still sign a WR because that is a need at the moment.

Vinnie confirmed this on his radio show..Kelly had nothing to do with Torrence.

We drafted Thomas knowing he was very raw, and is still very young, and has to be given a few years and you will see results.

Also I keep saying, Kelly would have been on IR a long time ago, but Zorn and the FO know he can contribute obviously if healthy. They are giving him one more chance. Hopefully his knee responds well.

Another point is that I really think Campbell likes Kelly, not only he can EASILY see him down field, but he catches everything and can make plays with his leaping ability. He is always saying, along with others, if MK gets healthy, he is gonna be special. He is more of a polished receiver than Thomas, and not running wrong routes and does not have a steep learning curve, even with being out so long.

I think this kid is gonna produce for us toward the end of the year like the giants rookies were last year.

And, if this is to happen, it will have to begin on Sunday night. Zorn himself said that he has to make the decision of whether or not to place him on IR very shortly, and it all hinges on the Cowboys game. I believe we'll have some closure on this subject within a week.

Also I keep saying, Kelly would have been on IR a long time ago, but Zorn and the FO know he can contribute obviously if healthy. They are giving him one more chance. Hopefully his knee responds well.

Another point is that I really think Campbell likes Kelly, not only he can EASILY see him down field, but he catches everything and can make plays with his leaping ability. He is always saying, along with others, if MK gets healthy, he is gonna be special. He is more of a polished receiver than Thomas, and not running wrong routes and does not have a steep learning curve, even with being out so long.

IF Kelly's knee responds well after practicing this week then he will perform come Sunday and validate his draft position.

"Knowing Malcolm, you know he likes to play and he wants to be on the field, but he's got that knee injury and you don't want it to get worse," Campbell said. "Those are hard to come back from, especially if you don't give it the time to get better first.

I just pray his knee responds because with CP's injury he's the spark we need.

Even if he's healthy, how much impact can Kelly have right away? It's going to take him time to get into game shape, and get comfortable with the offense in real time.

We may catch a glimpse of him in the next couple of weeks, but anything more than that is doubtful. Then if the knee holds up, perhaps he can contribute down the home stretch this season. I'm not holding my breath on that, though.

I don't think any one is thinking he'll come in and grab 9 balls a game. I just want a spot play here and there. Maybe a jump ball on a fade route in the red zone. Or a couple plays in the middle of the field with an opportunity to break a few tackles.

The thing is, I have seen people say that we should have taken Jackson or Royal, but aside from the "we dont need another Moss or ARE," those two are in situation where they need to produce.

-Royal had to step in when Marshall was out the first game and Royal went Bananas and that earned him more PT.

-Jackson's situation is that Reggie brown and Curtis were out, and he was thrown into the starting role. Of course with McNabb, an established QB is gonna get him the ball. Also he was the most "polished receiver" coming out. The funny thing is we could have had him at 48, instead of Davis and still probably would have gotten Kelly (although i am not for that, and I am fine with the picks thus far).

- You could add Donnie Avery to the list too, he plays in St. Louis and they needed someone to do something there...also they had Looker get hurt.

-If kelly did not have knee questions then he would have been a 1st round pick no doubt and was the first receiver taken in many mocks leading up to the draft.

-Thomas was a raw receiver with a ton of upside and he then took the top spot of receivers in the draft because of his upside, size and speed.

Thomas needs to be developed and I didnt expect much from him this year.

Kelly, if he gets his knee under control can help us because he has size, more speed then given credit for and can jump and get the ball, ala Randy Moss in the corner of the endzone.

Archived