Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hall has more INT's than all our Cornerbacks Combined

SkinzFoLife

thats an interesting stat but not too shocking. he is a ball hawk when he plays hard but the problem isnt his skills. its his heart and dedication.

yeah, im hoping that the big problem in Oakland was his dedication, bc in atlanta he was pretty solid. not a shut-down, but DEFINITELY solid. hopefully he will return to that form once he gets here

yeah, im hoping that the big problem in Oakland was his dedication, bc in atlanta he was pretty solid. not a shut-down, but DEFINITELY solid. hopefully he will return to that form once he gets here

I hope so. I think we have a solid enough team here that our real captains will set him on a good path and teach him proper work ethic. something he never had in either ATL or OAK.

I don't see a downside. We have top drawer D coaches, London Fletcher & Shawn Springs. If he plays up his skill, it's a great move.

Is it a checkmate move re: Roy Williams? To me, it's partially about keeping Hall out of Dallas (who could use him desperately).

I don't see a downside. We have top drawer D coaches, London Fletcher & Shawn Springs. If he plays up his skill, it's a great move.

Is it a checkmate move re: Roy Williams? To me, it's partially about keeping Hall out of Dallas (who could use him desperately).

Surprised that Dallass didn't pick him up. Don't the Pukes have a shot on waivers before we do because of our better record?

Wow....great stat. I wonder what else he has accomplished?

"He gave up more yards than any defender this season and was tied for third worst in catches allowed."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3688600

Again, you must scratch the surface before you pass judgment. Oakland is a place where good players rot. Randy Moss is an amazing WR but he played awful out there. Dominic Rhodes spent a year rotting out there. Warren Sapp (a HOFer IMO with the amount of sacks he had from the DT position) rotted out there and walked away from the game because of it. In fact he looks at himself as a Buccaneer not just because of the Super Bowl he won while in Tampa but also so he doesn't have to remember his stint with Oakland. That is just a franchise down in the dumps right now and it can crush even the ambitions of Pro Bowlers. Its a shame because although I am a huge Redskin fan, Tim Brown was my idol because of his talent and how he conducted himself. I'm sure he and Howie Long are not happy with where the franchise is now.

D. Hall was playing in a secondary with Nnamdi Asomugha and Gibril Wilson. That secondary should have been top 10 in the league. The Raiders are a black hole right now and nobody wants to be out there. Nobody. I wouldn't be surprised if D. Hall was tanking it on purpose (ala Manny Ramirez and his departure from Boston to L.A.). I expect D. Hall to compete to get on the field and prove he is worthy of another big contract. I would expect that especially because he is coming back to where he grew up which is what inspires most players play exceptional.

And when Carlos drops an int, it's usualy one he can return for a TD.

it's like a wide receiver thinking about running before he catches the ball, or for me personally, thinking about shooting on goal before i settle the ball in soccer. It's not Rogers hands I don't think, I think it's a concentration issue. Rogers is probably thinking about running it back for a TD before he actually catches it, much like I am thinking about scoring the goal before actually getting my first touch.

Surprised that Dallass didn't pick him up. Don't the Pukes have a shot on waivers before we do because of our better record?

it's my understanding that whoever picked him up on waivers would have to continue his Oakland contract. that may not actually be true but if not why didnt we pick him up on the waiver instead of waiting for FA.

thats an interesting stat but not too shocking. he is a ball hawk when he plays hard but the problem isnt his skills. its his heart and dedication.

Agreed, but tough to have heart in that craphole, especially with a senile owner. I bet he gets fired up here - especially after we beat DAL & SEA and are 8-3. :logo:

I'd rather have a guy who shuts down his opponent but can't catch(Rogers)than a guy who gambles and gets beat regularly while occasionally catching picks(Hall).

Still I guess as a #3/4 CB it's not a bad acquisition...

You guess it's not bad?

Wow....great stat. I wonder what else he has accomplished?

"He gave up more yards than any defender this season and was tied for third worst in catches allowed."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3688600

He now plays with one of the best CB coaches in the league, who can be a good teacher to Hall. Not to mention, we have the #4 defense, something much better than any team he's played on before.

Archived