Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Carlos Rogers can be the best corner in the league

ARSexton

...... Start participating in wide receiver drills lol

after seeing 4 games this year from the lower level and watching carlos in person you get a real sense of how good he is.

He is obviously playing smart and has a reaction time to routes that is unreal. To be able to back bepedal read the route and react fast enough and be close enough to receivers to break up passes on a regular basis is hard enough in the NFL but he is doing it on the regular. I think we all have counted a total of 6 or 7 picks he should have had this year... but the fact that he has put himself in that position by his play and not just errant throws shows he really has what it takes to be that shut down corner. ALso given that fact that he is laying the wood on receivers and making open field tackles demonstrates how well rounded he is.

So heres go you Carlos... spend some of your practice time with Santana.

Also a thing that bugs me about Carlos is that he and Fred Smoot are so full of themselves. They are both vets and should be demonstrating how to be professional players to everyone. When I see them on the post game conferences it just bugs be because the teams that you know are team first (pats, Colts) dont have players who are so much about themselves.

Go Skins

I don't think the question should be how Carlos Rogers can be the best corner in the league, but how the Redskins can be the best team in the league. Accomplish as a team and statistic rewards will most definitely follow.

That's deep.

I dont think if Los caught that ball, and he got tackled(even though it looked like itd be a pick6) we wouldve scored anyway...

We got an INT inside their 30 and onside recover, and still couldnt get TD's... or even a first down... Cmon i know Pittsburghs D is good, but to not even move the ball at all, after having a pretty good offensive seasson thusfar, just shows how inconsistent we really are....

He certainly has dropped some pics, easy ones at that but he had to be near the ball to drop them and at least broke up the plays.

I'll take Carlos as he is as you can't teach that sixth sense that make s a good corner but hopefully his abilty to catch can be improved with coaching.

a friend once told me that a good corner is simply a reciever that couldn't catch so good :D

I don't think Los and Smoot are about themselves first. From what I read, Carlos has dedicated all his free time this year to watching film and bettering himself. Los seems like he's a pretty quiet guy when he's not around Smoot. I think Smoot brings a little extra personality out of him and having fun in front of the camera is not a bad thing. He does not come off as a me first kind of guy at all. We all know Smoot loves to talk and is a team guy. I don't think you could find a me first guy on our entire team. I would love to see him make the interceptions though. I think he's a Pro Bowler without the ints though. It's up to us to vote to get him there. Not everybody knows about Los...but any fan of teams we've played knows it b/c they've seen him make their best WR a non factor.

Archived