Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Free Agent CB Next Year

Btubes18

No. You can mask the coverage ability of a CB with a dominant defensive line.

That's what the Eagles do. That's what the Bucs did during their run. A lot of teams have good/great defensive lines with just decent CB's.

We had the best CB in the NFL in Champ Bailey and when we had no pass rush he was getting toasted consistently. You can't ask your secondary to guard a WR for 6 or 7 seconds. He goes to Denver and all of a sudden is this super force.

Poor D Line + Great Secondary = bad defense

Great D line + Poor Secondary = good defense

and just how did we get beat on the corners. We only gave up 179 yards of passing. That is not bad at all. Campbell had more yards then BL and BR combined. The biggest difference is that JC had two INTs. We just need Carlos to learn how to catch. Of course if he could catch we would have him as a WR.

I know WHY people say this, but there's more to receiving than catching.

Someone's going to break the bank for Nnamdi and for good reason too. Don't know if its wise to enter the bidding war.

I sure would love it though. I was watching the Raiders get beyond embarrassed by the Falcons and Nnamdi was still playing his ass off, bringing heat and energy to his team. Kind of refreshing to watch.

With Hall being released, the Raiders just opened up money to spend for him.

Unless they give him some A-Rod money, I don't see him staying with the Raiders. I don't see us having the cash to bring him to DC but just can't imagine any reason he'd stay in Oakland outside of the largest contract in NFL history for any player. He pretty much can choose any team he wants with his talent. I think he is going to choose a combination of the best contract offer with the best team. :2cents:

Carlos has been solid for 8 1/2 games this season. You hear what Jaws said last night? He gets passes completed against him < 50% of the time, against teams #1 receivers. Even the best corners in the game get beat every now and again. I believe he got down on himself a little bit last night after he dropped that INT, and everyone knows that playing CB is all about swagger.

But I agree we need to get a second corner - Fred Smoot is, as was said, a nickelback - its where he should play, its where he excels. Do we need Asmough (sp?) I don't think so. But we should target a quality #2 CB - maybe a Lito Sheppard from Eagles or something to that effect.

I fully agree with these comments.

Rogers has pretty much been a shutdown corner all season.

Should we try and go after Nnamdi Asomugha? His contract ends this year and seems that Oakland can't really afford to resign him. Could be a good addition to the Skins. Not sure if we would have the cap room, but with Springs always hurt, couldn't hurt to take a stab at this guy. Any thoughts?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nnamdi_Asomugha

We should seriously think about it. Adding a CB of his caliber can save us an early draft pick that we can use to bolster the lines.

Archived