Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Number 1 seed in NFC

jp03

If Philly doesn't knock off the Giants this week, who can really legitamitely can catch the Giants for the number 1 seed? I know its too early, but take a look. Forget the West, and the North teams. The South has Carolina, who is right there but honestly, thats about it. Giants will be 8-1 with nobody within 2 games if Carolina loses.

If Philly doesn't knock off the Giants this week, who can really legitamitely can catch the Giants for the number 1 seed? I know its too early, but take a look. Forget the West, and the North teams. The South has Carolina, who is right there but honestly, thats about it. Giants will be 8-1 with nobody within 2 games if Carolina loses.

you are 100% correct, a Giant win vs Philly, as early as it is, spells home field advantage for the Giants. :2cents:

The Giants are not guaranteed the number 1 seed by any means, Carolina is right on their heels and have a much easier schedule, Redskins are still not completely out of contention, and their schedule a lot softer than the Giants from here on out. As of right now the Giants hold their own destiny in their hands, if we win against Philly, a 1st round bye is likely, but the number 1 seed won't be determined until the end of the season.

It has to do with the outcome of the game, correct?

But I said if they win this would be the scenario. Obviously in Philly they can very easily lose and that would change things. My point was IF they win, they have a healthy lead on the rest of the NFC...

Even if the Giants do win this week, it guarantees nothing. As has been said, Carolina will be right there. And the two teams play late in the season. That has the potential to decide home field. But it is still too early for this talk.

And DW, this Giants/Philly game could go either way. Are you guaranteeing a Giants loss?

;5777963']Even if the Giants do win this week' date=' it guarantees nothing. As has been said, Carolina will be right there. And the two teams play late in the season. That has the potential to decide home field. But it is still too early for this talk.

And DW, this Giants/Philly game could go either way. Are you guaranteeing a Giants loss?[/quote']

My point I guess was its going to be quite difficult for anyone but Carolina to catch them. It is nothing more than as good lead , not a definite by any means..

My point I guess was its going to be quite difficult for anyone but Carolina to catch them. It is nothing more than as good lead , not a definite by any means..
The Giants play the Panthers in week 16. But the Eagles game won't clarify anything, even if the Panthers lose as well. The Vikings at 4-4 are the worst team left on the Giants schedule. If the Giants do win the #1 seed, they will have more than earned it.

I'm hoping the Giants do win, actually...I hope they sweep the Eagles.

If they do win, it's still way too early to consider them shoo-ins for the top seed in the NFC. If the Panthers and bucs win and the Skins beat the Cowboys, it'll still be up in the air.

Thats pretty much close to thinking I have for the most part.

I want New York to go ahead and win, and bump Philly down a game. NY should have that #1 seed and home field locked up barring some serious injuries.

Carolina is playing lights out and should win their division [but Tampa is right behind same with Atlanta]

I want New York to destroy Philly.

I want the Giants to lose because that will bring them a step down, and a step closer to us. We still have a chance to win the division because of the remaining games on Giants schedule. They will atleast lose 3 of those games, I'm sure. We need to win the rest of our games if we want the division. I think it is too early to just say we hope the Giants beat out everyone.

I want the Giants to lose because that will bring them a step down, and a step closer to us. We still have a chance to win the division because of the remaining games on Giants schedule. They will atleast lose 3 of those games, I'm sure. We need to win the rest of our games if we want the division. I think it is too early to just say we hope the Giants beat out everyone.

Not too early for me. Despite the games they have left, I don't see the Giants losing enough games for us to beat them out. Therefore, if I believe they are going to run away with the division this year, they might as well help us in the process.

Archived