Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

'He is a great player.....get over it!'

Metskins

I don't understand what made anyone think he was worth a top 15 pick. Quinn may have been over hyped pre-draft, but by the end, he was underhyped. Russell was just another Culpepper- big, immobile QB with an arm.

You know that if it was any other team than a team owned by Al Davis, that Russell would not have been the choice.

The radiers were in a terrible spot in that draft, there was no clear cut number 1 and no one wanted to trade up. You might be able to argue AP in hindsoght but minny's got a great line. With that being said, Jamarcus sucks.

I was thinking it woulda been smarter to draft Calvin Johnson there. Johnson stepped into the league ready to play instead of going through that learning curve of 1-3 years most WR's do. His numbers would be higher if he wasn't in Detroit. Probably not much higher if he was in Oakland though.

Thinking of an offense featuring Johnson and McFadden would be scary. It's obviously smarter to build your team along the o and d lines, but it's usually not smart to build your team around a high round draft pick QB unless you can afford to have him sit. The Raiders did let Russell sit, but they still haven't given him much help either. Doesn't help either that the coaches are in a flux.

Endzone interception. I'm not sure Heath Shuler was ever this bad.

You're right, Heath Shuler was much much worse. Seeing as how JaMarcus Russell has pretty comparable stats to Jason Campbell through 8 games with a much worse team and a couple of different coaches, I'd be hard pressed to throw him in the bust category so far.

You're right, Heath Shuler was much much worse. Seeing as how JaMarcus Russell has pretty comparable stats to Jason Campbell through 8 games with a much worse team and a couple of different coaches, I'd be hard pressed to throw him in the bust category so far.

W.T.F.?

Through each QBs' first 8 games this season:

Russell: 6 TDs

Campbell: 8 TDs

Russell: 3 INTs

Campbell: 0 INTs

Russell: 50.3% completion rate

Campbell: 66.1% completion rate

Russell: 6.0 ypa

Campbell: 7.6 ypa

Russell: 69.0 QB rating

Campbell: 100.5 QB rating

Exactly what drugs do you need to take in order to think those stats are "comparable"? :doh:...

W.T.F.?

Exactly what drugs do you need to take in order to think those stats are "comparable"? :doh:...

Are you sure you're not the one on drugs?

W.T.F.?

I think he meant the first 8 games of their careers ;)

Obviously the previous poster gets it. Use some common sense next time before you make yourself out to be an oversensitive fool again.

lol...

Ah, so you don't actually have to be accurate when you post and everything's fine...but if I don't read your mind and decipher what you "really" meant, I look like an idiot? lol...Yeah, that makes perfect sense :thumbsup:...

Ah, so you don't actually have to be accurate when you post and everything's fine...but if I don't read your mind and decipher what you "really" meant, I look like an idiot? lol...Yeah, that makes perfect sense :thumbsup:...

The problem is what I wrote was accurate and was understandable by other people and you are the only one who missed the point, so yes you do look like an idiot, especially when you follow up your research that had no relevance whatsoever with a personal attack. If you don't want to look like an idiot again, try to use common sense. It's not hard.

];5766583']I don't understand what made anyone think he was worth a top 15 pick. Quinn may have been over hyped pre-draft' date=' but by the end, he was underhyped. Russell was just another Culpepper- big, immobile QB with an arm.

You know that if it was any other team than a team owned by Al Davis, that Russell would not have been the choice.[/quote']

There were skins fan hoping we would take him and that we would take AP and that we would take the Reciever that Detroit took

There were skins fan hoping we would take him and that we would take AP and that we would take the Reciever that Detroit took

Man, I really dont remember any of us wanting JeMarcus. I followed the last two drafts really closely, and was around for pretty much every thread, but I dont remember any of us being real high on JR. It was CJ that we were all hypin' about.

Man, I really dont remember any of us wanting JeMarcus. I followed the last two drafts really closely, and was around for pretty much every thread, but I dont remember any of us being real high on JR. It was CJ that we were all hypin' about.

yeah, i never remember anyone really making a case for us to trade up for Russell. Although i'm pretty sure there was atleast a thread a day begging for us to trade up to #1 and take Calvin Johnson :doh:

The problem is what I wrote was accurate and was understandable by other people and you are the only one who missed the point, so yes you do look like an idiot, especially when you follow up your research that had no relevance whatsoever with a personal attack. If you don't want to look like an idiot again, try to use common sense. It's not hard.

I am not sure the school yard name calling is necessary...

Actuality i thought exactly the same thing as Calfan when I first read your post . Mostly because you only said though 8 games, I was assuming you meant the 8 games of the season thus far, given we are 8 games into the season... not his first 8 games ...given he is 11 games into his career.

I am also not sure how you figure he is comparable to Campbell . I never remember Campbell putting up such stunning numbers as 31 yards on 19 passes ... Campbell improved his accuracy from 54 % accuracy coming in in 2006 to 60% in 2007 to 66% this year . Russell has regressed if anything . And they have both had the same issue with coaches .

The problem is the Raiders have so much tallent on the team so many draft picks that are not panning out, from Robert Gallery to Micheal Huff, Darren McFadden to JMarcus Russell ...there is something rotten in Raider town ..

thru the first few games this yr people were comparing jemarcus to JC...so how about you be a little more friendly he isnt a raiders fan

Archived