Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's Give Ryan Clark a Big Ovation On Monday

GrimReaper21

Hobson's Choice: Your candidate wins the election, or Redskins win the Super Bowl?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Hobson's Choice: Your candidate wins the election, or Redskins win the Super Bowl?

• Redskins win the Super Bowl
    • Obama/McCain/Other wins the election

Not sure how anyone could find fault with Adam Archuleta over Ryan Clark.

Come on people, that was genius.

A sad wikipedia entry for Arch (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Archuleta):

Washington Redskins

After the 2005 season ended, he was one of the most sought after free agent safeties. The Redskins made him the highest paid safety in the history of the NFL.[1] After struggles in the deep passing game for the Redskins, Archuleta was replaced at the strong safety position with Troy Vincent, and played only on special teams the last half of the season.

On December 28, 2006, Archuleta expressed his displeasure with the way the Redskins were using him, and the lack of communication from the coaching staff.

Not sure how anyone could find fault with Adam Archuleta over Ryan Clark.

Come on people, that was genius.

A sad wikipedia entry for Arch (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Archuleta):

Washington Redskins

After the 2005 season ended, he was one of the most sought after free agent safeties. The Redskins made him the highest paid safety in the history of the NFL.[1] After struggles in the deep passing game for the Redskins, Archuleta was replaced at the strong safety position with Troy Vincent, and played only on special teams the last half of the season.

On December 28, 2006, Archuleta expressed his displeasure with the way the Redskins were using him, and the lack of communication from the coaching staff.

:doh:

Still makes my head hurt.

Guys,

I think it would be great if we all gave Ryan a big ovation when he is introduced as starter, or if the offense is introduced, give it up for him when he comes on the field the first time...He was awesome while he was here and was Sean's best friend, so I think it would be a nice sentiment...

Hail.

Does he play for us now? NO!

Do I give a **** about him now? NO!

I find myself often educating Steelers fans on who he is. They are always like "Who?", uh, the guy next to Polamalu every game...

If he plays, clap for him at some point. It's not his fault we let him walk. Smoot was still one of my favorite players when he wasn't here and the same goes for Ryan Clark now.

It's not like he is one of the McCune's or Bramlet's of the world, he actually contributed to this team. In fact, I get the hint that he almost wishes he could have stayed here. I doubt he plays but I am still a fan so long as he isn't making big plays on us.

Guys,

I think it would be great if we all gave Ryan a big ovation when he is introduced as starter, or if the offense is introduced, give it up for him when he comes on the field the first time...He was awesome while he was here and was Sean's best friend, so I think it would be a nice sentiment...

Hail.

He's gona' be fit play?

Well ****, i was really hoping we'd catch a break there and he'd be out injured for at least a week.

I agree with the OP btw, he may not of been the biggest name in his time here, but he gave everything he had everytime he took to the field, and, in the words of Coach Gibbs, was a true, "CORE Redskin." How you cheer him when the opposition teams don't get announced i'm not too sure, shy of maybe's chanting his name prior to the game and letting him acknowledge, but he's certainly worthy of our respect and should be given it.

We like to boast about this fanbase being special, well, respecting a former player on his return more than comes under that.

BUT, once the game starts, he's back to being a player on the other side of the ball i want to see crushed.....

Hail.

Archived