Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who's Number 2

CrypticVillain

I was talking to my friend and I ask him "If Portis is the MVP, who is second?"

I honestly can't give a definite answer. You look at the top teams in the league and try to guest.

Gun to my head I say that either Jacobs or Haynesworth is second.

Jacobs is on pace for about 1100 yds with 11 TD's and he is clearly why the Giants are where they are.

Haynesworth is anchoring that Titans defense and he is playing out of his mind. But will anybody give a DT MVP?

I just hope that Portis continues to run away,literally,with the MVP this year. But the runner up is wide open to me.

No way on Jacobs. You have to get 2000 yards or close to 30 td's, It doesn't matter if your team is doing that well, you have to be extraordinary to get it.

I'd say it's pretty tough for a DT to get it.

If the Saints can end with a winning season, and Brees keeps it up I think he has the better shot.

No way on Jacobs. You have to get 2000 yards or close to 30 td's, It doesn't matter if your team is doing that well, you have to be extraordinary to get it.

Jacobs isn't having an MVP-caliber season. The Giants don't have an MVP, just a very good TEAM with quality depth.

I know that the term "MVP" is losing it's meaning. But I guarantee that if Jacobs gets injured the Giants will struggle. Which means he is valuable.

What about somebody else in the NFC South? Steve Smith?

I know that the Panthers won those two games without him, but dude is playing out of his mind.

Also, could Jason Campbell get some MVP love. He might not have the numbers, but him not throwing any interceptions is really nice.

Jacobs would be an honorable mention on my list. Fine player but they win games without him turning in a big performance.

Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Jay Cutler, Albert Haynesworth. Phillip Rivers has had a wonderful season so far, it's too bad that Norv Turner . . . . well you know the rest.

I know that the term "MVP" is losing it's meaning. But I guarantee that if Jacobs gets injured the Giants will struggle. Which means he is valuable.

What about somebody else in the NFC South? Steve Smith?

I know that the Panthers won those two games without him, but dude is playing out of his mind.

Also, could Jason Campbell get some MVP love. He might not have the numbers, but him not throwing any interceptions is really nice.

JC has a better shot than Jacobs. Jacobs getting hurt wouldn't put the Giants out of it. He maybe the MVP of his team, but there's no way he is MVP of the NFL, not even close.

The Giants managed to do well last year even when Jacobs missed some time. It always seemed like they had a back to plug in and do the job, so I disagree with you that they'd struggle without him.

Jason

That's a horrid definition of who the league MVP should be..."Whoever causes their team to struggle the most if he's not playing". Geez, that's like winning the award by default. Not to mention that you can ONLY determine that award by having the player NOT play lol...otherwise, it's all guesswork and speculation.

The MVP award should always go to the player who is 1) playing at an extremely high level, and 2) is an obvious reason behind his team's success. Jacobs doesn't fit into the first category. Brees, so far anyway, isn't fitting into the second category. If the Saints go on a tear and end up 10-6 he'll have a great shot...at 2nd place lol. :D

That's a horrid definition of who the league MVP should be..."Whoever causes their team to struggle the most if he's not playing". Geez, that's like winning the award by default. Not to mention that you can ONLY determine that award by having the player NOT play lol...otherwise, it's all guesswork and speculation.

So I guess that a "teams" MVP and "league" MVP should have different meanings.

Perfect example. We all know that Tom Brady won MVP last year. But I am telling you, without Moss the Patriots would not have did what they did last year. The same could be said for Brady, especially this year, but they are still 5-2.

That is why I hate the term MVP. Most Outstanding Player should be the real term.

So I guess that a "teams" MVP and "league" MVP should have different meanings.

Perfect example. We all know that Tom Brady won MVP last year. But I am telling you, without Moss the Patriots would not have did what they did last year. The same could be said for Brady, especially this year, but they are still 5-2.

That is why I hate the term MVP. Most Outstanding Player should be the real term.

Yeah, but MOP sounds kinda silly lol :cool:...

Archived