Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Layoffs today at my job

USS Redskins

Man - this sucks. I work for a Insurance related publishing company and we have been hit hard by the downturn.

I think I am ok - I am in advertising sales and I hit all the numbers for the year last month already but you never know.

5 or 6 people are already gone in this office of about 150 people. They just started an hour ago and girls are crying and everyone is on edge.

Wish me luck.

Which candidate has the better unemployment plan again? (trying to keep a sense of humor)

*Update - thanks for the good thoughts, guys!

Its about 1:15 here...

WHEW!...Looks like I am ok for now - it wasnt as bad as everyone thought. About 6 people in this office and a dozen or so others in satellite offices. Could have been much worse and my boss said that sales are good for our product and we just have to keep up the work.

I guess I have to stop posting silly crap on ES and make a few more calls....

CCL - good one! I will take all the help I can get - Messiah included!

*Updated at 2:45 - well, there was one more layoff. Not me but the woman I have worked with for 8 years. She was senior Sales person - and I was given her position. I got freaking promoted and given her entire sales territory. I feel like crap b/c she was a big help to me over the years. She is really in good with the Insurance community and will find a job quickly I am sure but still, it sucks.

I actually need the money (probably another 15-20 per year) because my wife recently told me she is expecting our 3rd kid. I have been sick over it b/c we couldnt afford another - with the economy and stuff.

I cant believe this happened. It is like a miracle but I hate it too because someone else lost their job. I did earn it by working my rear off and the lady, (god love her) was very stubborn and made many enemies here. She was not easy to work with sometimes.

Crap. I feel guilty as hell but relieved too.

I'm sorry to hear that. Florida is being hit hard too. Alot of businesses are cutting back due to the fact that they are about to get hit with higher taxes. The rich people are not going to lose in this thing, we are. You can say take from the rich and give to the poor, but it's all window dressing. The rich are rich for a reason. They have the money to keep their money safe. I hope the messiah has an alternate plan. When he gets in the layoffs are really going to start. We are just seeing the tip of the iceburg here. The day after the election you'll see layoffs going through the roof.

I'm sorry to hear that. Florida is being hit hard too. Alot of businesses are cutting back due to the fact that they are about to get hit with higher taxes. The rich people are not going to lose in this thing, we are. You can say take from the rich and give to the poor, but it's all window dressing. The rich are rich for a reason. They have the money to keep their money safe. I hope the messiah has an alternate plan. When he gets in the layoffs are really going to start. We are just seeing the tip of the iceburg here. The day after the election you'll see layoffs going through the roof.

Yeah, and the economy was just rosey up till this point.:silly:

Geez, folks complained for 8 years about trying to lay fault on

Bush for everything and now those same folks want to do it

before anyone has even been elected????

Archived