Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins and Steelers are near mirror images.....

Rexx1240

In some ways it's true, but I think it's an oversimplification. Our defensive schemes are very different, both in philosophy and results. They lead the league in sacks, while we're the worst in our conference in that category. They like to play hard-nosed ball, but are only the 18th rushing team, where we're the second. Both teams have good defenses, and specifically both have outstanding run defenses.

well i dont think we will play to their weakness. the skins seem to play to their strenghts and thats man coverage with landry over the top and 8 in the box or zone it out with cover 3. i dont think blache will blitz often at all. even if he does, i doubt they get home.

offense is a different story, if samuels plays, we are set and we will sustain long drives. but sometimes their linebackers get free and get a sack on the blindside and knock that ball loose. man i would hate to see one returned to the house that changes the game. we need to score on big plays early!! not when we are desperate of them!!!!

"Maybe a little no-huddle to keep the Steeler defense off-balance, and maintain a rhythm for Jason Campbell."

This is always a good idea to keep up the rhythm and tempo of the offense and also to keep JC with the "hot hand". Another good thing is that a no-huddle typically keeps a defense off balance; especially an overly-aggressive defense like Blitzburg. It will slow them down thus giving us an advantage (much like the Bears did w/ the Eagles). But above all, JC seems to excel in running the no-huddle.

Umm, I think the history of the teams is very similar (good defense and strong running game), but this season it's far from the truth. Both teams like to run, yes, but the Steelers are not nearly as good a running team as we are, and in fact last year they passed more in the red zone than they ran it (just look at Ben's TD passes versus the RBs' TD runs).

Also, their defense is blitz heavy while we are more bend-but-don't-break.

Another difference is that we rely on the short passing game, while they use runs to set up play action deep passes (look at the difference between Big Ben's YPA versus JC's).

And finally, the most glaring difference is that their offensive line is porous in the passing game, while ours is pretty sturdy.

Wouldn't it be a heck of a shocker for the Skins to blow out the Steelers.

Everybody thought we should have destroyed either the Rams, Browns or Lions.

Now there is all this talk about being an even match up.

It would be so, whats the new buzz word, oh yea. It would be so sick if the Skins were to crush the Steelers on MNF, in front of a national audience.

How sweet would the bye week be then ?? :laugh:

Wouldn't it be a heck of a shocker for the Skins to blow out the Steelers.

Everybody thought we should have destroyed either the Rams, Browns or Lions.

Now there is all this talk about being an even match up.

It would be so, whats the new buzz word, oh yea. It would be so sick if the Skins were to crush the Steelers on MNF, in front of a national audience.

How sweet would the bye week be then ?? :laugh:

Agreed. Big confidence booster for the second half of the season

Archived