Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How to Fix Baseball's "Late Season Weather Issues"

KDawg

That particular game, would not have been as bad if played during the day instead of at prime time, which for the benefit of the media only. I a situation like this, if the game gets canceled by weather for 2 days, then the series moves to the other venue. The Rays lost their hotel rooms the night that the game ended early, and had to travel to DE to get rooms, thanks philly. :mad:

By The Associated Press

PHILADELPHIA -- The Tampa Bay Rays had to scramble for hotel rooms when Game 5 of the World Series was suspended because of bad weather.

The Rays had booked rooms at the Westin Hotel in downtown Philadelphia only through Monday, believing they would be heading back to Tampa, Fla., on Tuesday.

When Monday night's game was suspended because of rain, the Rays found that the rooms they had rented at the Westin were already booked.

After some calls, the team found a hotel that had enough rooms for all the players -- the posh Hotel du Pont in downtown Wilmington, Delaware, about 25 miles south of Citizens Bank Park.

This wouldn't 'fix' the weather 'issue' but, I always thought game 7 should be played on neutral ground. I am not a fan of any team having homefield in the world series. Both teams should have equal advantage for reaching baseballs championship game.

Why reward a team homefield just because their fellow league mates won the all-star game. Seems kinda silly.

How is someone pitching in the rain putting anyone at risk??

Throwing a wet 95 mph fastball? You don't see the risk involved in this? Seriously? A couple of years ago in a Softball game I hit a guy in the face throwing from 2nd to 1st in the rain. I shattered his orbital and nose and broke his jaw. This was with a wet softball and I sure as hell don't throw as hard as these guys do.

They can rotate dry balls in after every pitch and it won't make one bit of difference when you can't keep your hand dry.

You are also leaving your pitcher at risk to injury as well.

Archived