Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let Them Heal

bulldog

The tight games recently have not been because of the defense. The offense needs to step up the passing game if we want to put teams away early. We'll be fine resting Taylor and Springs. Carlos got into Edwards' head early and shut him down all game long. We did the same with Winslow, although he was getting over his illness.

Maybe we should let Taylor rest. Than again this is a NFL team and you don't sleep on any team. We all should know that now with the Lose to the Rams. If Taylor thinks he can play than let him play. We need to act like every week is a playoff game. When we start doing this are team will be good enough to make the playoffs. I sure and the hell know that Taylor would play if it was a playoff game. So I say let him play we need everyone.

You can rest Taylor and not sleep on the ***** cats. The other guys are just as hungry to play as Taylor is.

I think we also have to remember Burgold's concern: Campbell's knees.

When we go up big and he has to kneel it to run out the clock at the end of the game, should Collins come in or should we give Colt that valuable time to practice getting the ball from center and kneeling down?

I agree with you Bulldog. The Lions are the worst 1st quarter team in the NFL and are giving up an average of 31 points.

I think we should come out throwing some short passes, letting Santana and ARE get their yards, maybe take a couple shots downfield and try to get up by a couple scores.

Then I would pull Portis out of the game. Houston did something similar last week and took Steve Slaton out once they were up.

We need these guys for the Steelers game.

i think we also have to remember burgold's concern: Campbell's knees.

When we go up big and he has to kneel it to run out the clock at the end of the game, should collins come in or should we give colt that valuable time to practice getting the ball from center and kneeling down?

lol :D :d

We all hope this sentiment is true, however anyone following this very team over the past few years would likely give pause to taking anything for granted.

Furthermore, if the Giants continue on the path they are on then we are likely fighting for a Wild Card which means exactly zero home playoff games.

We need to win every game we can if we want to set ourselves up for the best position later.

I'm not taking anything for granted, and in fact I started a thread a few weeks ago about avoid a midseason let down like we've experienced in years past, but the point here is that we're 5-2, not 3-4, and that means that we can afford not to shoot our wad right now and having nothing left late in the year.

Let them rest. Even if it was the Steelers this week. We need these players as close to 100% for the rest of the season. We can win with out them if we our focus and play "violent" football. I also agree CP needs to have his fewest carries of the season this week. I still see him having 100 yds off of like 13 carries.

Archived