Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Want To Hear From Cowboy Fans...

zoony

One of the best efforts, if not the best, of the season. Regardless of outcome.

Close win with the season on the line at the end of the day.

Johnson will drive the bus. The run game will be relied on heavily and will have a good day. And the defense will step up when it has to.

Great thread Zoony. A breath of fresh air opposed to the 5-10 Dallas threads that tr1 and bubba each post daily.

What do I think? Dallas wins and let me explain why. For the first time all year Dallas is the clear underdog even though Vegas doesn't think so. Although we were horrible in all three phases last week, I don't think many, even skins fans, believe we're 20 points worse than the Rams. Don't get me wrong, they beat us soundly and Brad Johnson was horrific but last week there was just too many distractions even for Dallas.... Pac getting suspended, Romo sits to pee and will he or won't he play-game time decision... Roy Williams trade, multiple injuries etc.. I think the distractions played a part in the loss.

Based on the way we're playing right now and how good the Bucs are, especially defensively, everything is pointing towards a Dallas loss. That's why I think we'll win. Trust me, I have no confidence in my team right now especially Brad Johnson but I think we'll respond with our backs against the wall with nobody expecting us to win. It's just sports psychology 101. Also the Bucs have a huge drop-off on the road including defensively and they're like 1-8 all time @ Dallas. RW should also be slightly more settled and ready to contribute. I just pray to God that Brad can get the ball downfield.

Usually when I lose my excitement and have absolutely no confidence in my team, we find a way to win if we're a half way decent team. Of course the Bucs could come in and destroy us. We'll see. If "Mr. Checkdown" can have a decent game we can win.

I was until I saw him play in a meaningful game. He was simply awful last week.
He showed he didn't have it last year. This is why I will never understand Jerry not bringing in a younger vet FA or at least drafting a potential backup.

Should have brought in a better and younger Simms.

BTW, I mentioned Jerry as not bringing a backup because we both know Wade and Garrett had little say in the matter. Here lies the deep seeded problem in Big D.

He showed he didn't have it last year.

He didn't play any meaningful snaps last year.

This is why I will never understand Jerry not bringing in a younger vet FA or at least drafting a potential backup.

Should have brought in a better and younger Simms.

The problem is it's hard to keep around guys that can play. I loved Matt Moore but we couldn't keep him. I agree, in hindsight we should have been more prepared but in all fairness, we did bring in Brooks Bollinger. He simply doesn't know the offense well enough right now.

BTW, I mentioned Jerry as not bringing a backup because we both know Wade and Garrett had little say in the matter. Here lies the deep seeded problem in Big D.

Speculation maybe or do you know this for a fact? It's easy to pile on when we're losing. Word is that Garrett had an awful lot to do with Brad Johnson coming to Dallas as a back up? Garrett has control over the offense and had been urging Jerry to bring in a big time compliment to T.O.. Wade was brought in because of his knowledge of the 3-4 we had in place and controls the defense. Now how good of a coach Wade is remains to be seen but give the speculation a rest.

Great thread. The OP set a great tone. Miminal nonsense and sniping/baiting...
It's amazing how well behaved the current crop of Cowboys fans are when their team is down. It's also noteworthy that no new fans have popped up in the last few weeks. Last year we were getting new ones every week it seemed. Funny how that works

Ah, Armchair delivers the correct insight once again.

It's also amazing that the critiques on the pukes by bubba and others have come to fruition. Most of the articles written about the pukes in the last two weeks resemble many of the posts written here in ATN for the last two months.

Many here have criticized the pukes' failure to secure a #2 qb, a #2 WR, defensive secondary help. Others of us have pointed out the pukes' defense's inability to pressure opposition qbs. Still others have opined about Jerruh's failure as a GM as evidenced by the pukes' inability to win important games. And, did I mention that some here saw the pukes' o-line play in the last couple of years as a 'fluke?' Some have even seen Romo sits to pee's inconsistency not as a minor flaw but rather as a defining trait.

It's a shame that keen observations are in some way discounted in ATN because of the noise from opposition 'fans.'

Frankly, I'd take bubba's and other regular ATN contributors, who are too numerous to mention, opinions' on the pukes above anything the regular puke fan posters have to say in ATN.

They're objective...and right.

:2cents:

He didn't play any meaningful snaps last year.
If he doesn't have it during meaningless times how could you count on him when it matters?
The problem is it's hard to keep around guys that can play. I loved Matt Moore but we couldn't keep him. I agree, in hindsight we should have been more prepared but in all fairness, we did bring in Brooks Bollinger. He simply doesn't know the offense well enough right now.
You and HHM correctly pointed out Moore's potential to me. I agree he could have filled the void. Didn't Dallas lose him because they gambled on only keeping 2 QB's on their active roster?

The short, weanie armed, semi-mobile, fragile Brooks Bollinger? The same one that couldn't hold a backup job in Minny?............Minny?

Speculation maybe or do you know this for a fact? It's easy to pile on when we're losing. Word is that Garrett had an awful lot to do with Brad Johnson coming to Dallas as a back up? Garrett has control over the offense and had been urging Jerry to bring in a big time compliment to T.O.. Wade was brought in because of his knowledge of the 3-4 we had in place and controls the defense. Now how good of a coach Wade is remains to be seen but give the speculation a rest.
Oh come' on, everything goes through Jerry.

As far as a compliment to TO goes, you know better than any that I continued to state the need to fill that void a year ago and through the off season. Instead they waited until the last possible moment, after giving false hope to your backup WR's that they good enough. At that point they really needed to focus on bringing in another DB due to unforeseen injury and foreseen suspension.

Great thread Zoony. A breath of fresh air opposed to the 5-10 Dallas threads that tr1 and bubba each post daily.

What do I think? Dallas wins and let me explain why. For the first time all year Dallas is the clear underdog even though Vegas doesn't think so. Although we were horrible in all three phases last week, I don't think many, even skins fans, believe we're 20 points worse than the Rams. Don't get me wrong, they................

This would have been a great response as well if you'd have been able to leave out the shot at other members. :2cents:

One of the best efforts, if not the best, of the season. Regardless of outcome.

Close win with the season on the line at the end of the day.

Johnson will drive the bus. The run game will be relied on heavily and will have a good day. And the defense will step up when it has to.

In some circles, they call me Nostradamus. In others, Miss Cleo.;)

But seriously, season on the line, I felt this was just one of those games where the script is flipped, and the defense wins one for us.

Really stepped it up and it was easily the best effort of the season.

A brief sigh of relief as the season is still alive, but the Giants loom. And if Pittsburgh beats them, it's gonna be a tall order to even have a chance next week.

In some circles, they call me Nostradamus. In others, Miss Cleo.;)

But seriously, season on the line, I felt this was just one of those games where the script is flipped, and the defense wins one for us.

Really stepped it up and it was easily the best effort of the season.

A brief sigh of relief as the season is still alive, but the Giants loom. And if Pittsburgh beats them, it's gonna be a tall order to even have a chance next week.

The D stepped up huge!!!!

Next week however, they will have to do more then that!!!!

Archived