Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: EliteXC out of business

Heisenberg

Doesn't surprise me at all.

There were a bunch of clowns running that frickin' show, setting up dumb fights, and throwing out money left and right on frivilous stuff.

I thought they were an embarrassment to MMA, so I'm glad the company and their stupid promoters are out of business.

And THAT is how I really feel. :D

It's already being discussed in the MMA thread, but the main points are this...

Dana White needs to be on the horn signing up Gina Carano, Cyborg and all of the other fighters from Elite's women's divisons.

And he also needs to start signing guys like Eddie Alvarez, Nick Diaz, Jake Shields and Antonio Silva.

That is, if Showtime/CBS doesn't purchase the company in whole.

Dana will NEVER sign Kimbo, he is a joke and Dana knows that. Dana also said he isn interested in womens mma. I would LOVE to see more of Gina and def a Gina/Cyborg fight. I read somewhere that Jake Shields will more than likely get a contract from UFC.

Dana will NEVER sign Kimbo, he is a joke and Dana knows that. Dana also said he isn interested in womens mma. I would LOVE to see more of Gina and def a Gina/Cyborg fight. I read somewhere that Jake Shields will more than likely get a contract from UFC.

Kimbo isn't a joke, but the way EliteXC marketed him was a joke. Also, Jake Shields can go and get his ass kicked by GSP and the other crop of welterweights that are better than him in the UFC.

Joke or not, Dana would sign Kimbo. No one thought Brock Lesnar would have a shot at the UFC after one fight with a can. Kimbo Slice vs Chuck Liddell would sell so many PPVs.

Joke or not, Dana would sign Kimbo. No one thought Brock Lesnar would have a shot at the UFC after one fight with a can. Kimbo Slice vs Chuck Liddell would sell so many PPVs.

Lesnar is not Kimbo. Not even close.

Lesnar has a tremendous amateur wrestling background. Kimbo beat up people in the backyard.

Lesnar destroyed Heath Herring, a very good heavyweight that would have no trouble with Kimbo.

I have no problem with Kimbo, I do with the way EliteXC marketed him. But Lesnar and Kimbo should not even be in the same conversation.

Dana will not sign Kimbo. No way. Kimbo is awful in any aspect of MMA other than stand-up...and even in stand-up he sucks.

Furthermore, Kimbo isn't even comparable to Lesnar...not even in some alternate insane reality. Whereas Kimbo was a YouTube street fight sensation (that's usually your first tipoff there that you don't sign a guy and market him as a major MMA force when he's only been in street fights), Lesnar was an extremely talented wrestler. I mean, he won the frickin NCAA wrestling championship in 2000...no one in their right mind can even compare Kimbo to that.

Slice vs Liddell would be a HORRIBLE matchup. Slice outweights Liddell by 30lbs ATLEAST. Not to mention I never want to see Kimbo in another MMA event again.

Slice vs Liddell would be a HORRIBLE matchup. Slice outweights Liddell by 30lbs ATLEAST. Not to mention I never want to see Kimbo in another MMA event again.

It's a matchup for PPV buys. Hell Slice vs Lesnar would do it too.

Dana will not sign Kimbo. No way. Kimbo is awful in any aspect of MMA other than stand-up...and even in stand-up he sucks.

Furthermore, Kimbo isn't even comparable to Lesnar...not even in some alternate insane reality. Whereas Kimbo was a YouTube street fight sensation (that's usually your first tipoff there that you don't sign a guy and market him as a major MMA force when he's only been in street fights), Lesnar was an extremely talented wrestler. I mean, he won the frickin NCAA wrestling championship in 2000...no one in their right mind can even compare Kimbo to that.

Lesnar had wrestling skills but no one thought the UFC would sign him just after one fight. Dana is in the business of making money and Slice can still cough up a few bucks.

can you imagine Dana's reaction if Chuck led with his chin and Kimbo landed a perfect shot that put him down? :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

it would never happen, but i think Dana would have a heart attack on the spot

It's a matchup for PPV buys. Hell Slice vs Lesnar would do it too.

So are you wanting Kimbo in 205 or heavyweight??? Liddell and Lesnar are in different weight classes. Regardless, both those matchups would suck. They might get some ratings (from people who don't know anything about the sport or others just tuning in for the freak factor), but UFC would ultimately lose it's credibility for putting someone like Kimbo on its card.

As far as Lesnar, you seriously have no clue what you are talking about. The guy has fantastic wrestling skills and has the potential to parlay those skills into adequate MMA jiu-jitsu capabilities. Plus, he throws bombs. He has a legit athletic background. Kimbo does not.

Kimbo throws haymakers and has absolutely no ground game whatsoever. He'd be eaten alive by anyone who knows anything about effective ground game execution.

People may call Dana White a lot of names, but stupid isn't one of them, that would just be stupid to sign Kimbo.

Lesnar had wrestling skills but no one thought the UFC would sign him just after one fight. Dana is in the business of making money and Slice can still cough up a few bucks.

So are you wanting Kimbo in 205 or heavyweight??? Liddell and Lesnar are in different weight classes. Regardless, both those matchups would suck. They might get some ratings (from people who don't know anything about the sport or others just tuning in for the freak factor), but UFC would ultimately lose it's credibility for putting someone like Kimbo on its card.

I guess you're trying to put me in the don't know anything section. Liddell would obviously have to move up. He's already mentioned wanting to fight Kimbo on multiple occasions. Liddell would win but the point is PPV buys. That sells PPVs. The UFC isn't worried about losing their credibility. If they were they wouldn't have a 1-1 fighter fighting for a title. One Kimbo fight isn't going to make people stop watching UFC. What else are they going to watch? They are in the business of making money. If you people actually believe Dana White would be a man of principle then you're not paying attention.

As far as Lesnar, you seriously have no clue what you are talking about. The guy has fantastic wrestling skills and has the potential to parlay those skills into adequate MMA jiu-jitsu capabilities. Plus, he throws bombs. He has a legit athletic background. Kimbo does not.

Kimbo throws haymakers and has absolutely no ground game whatsoever. He'd be eaten alive by anyone who knows anything about effective ground game execution.

I didn't call Lesnar a bum but I am pointing out how likes people who sells them PPVs. How many NCAA champs would get a shot like Lesnar have or get the same contract if he didn't bring in numbers?

I guess you're trying to put me in the don't know anything section. Liddell would obviously have to move up. He's already mentioned wanting to fight Kimbo on multiple occasions. Liddell would win but the point is PPV buys. That sells PPVs. The UFC isn't worried about losing their credibility. If they were they wouldn't have a 1-1 fighter fighting for a title. One Kimbo fight isn't going to make people stop watching UFC. What else are they going to watch? They are in the business of making money. If you people actually believe Dana White would be a man of principle then you're not paying attention.

I didn't call Lesnar a bum but I am pointing out how likes people who sells them PPVs. How many NCAA champs would get a shot like Lesnar have or get the same contract if he didn't bring in numbers?

You obviously don't get it. Lesnar brings in numbers because he is freak-like BUT ALSO legit.

Kimbo is not legit.

Start signing non-legit fighters like Kimbo more and more, UFC is going to lose credibility with fans who actually know a few things about MMA.

You might have an argument about Dana's principles, but he and the Fertitta brothers are not stupid and are focused on the success AND sustainability of their organization. You don't create a sustainable program by signing blatantly inept fighters and damaging your credibility.

MMA is a booming market these days and creating credibility issues just opens the window for another well-run organization to swoop in and grab some of your target audience. Dana knows this. Fertitta brothers know this. This is why it would be stupid to sign someone like Kimbo.

Archived