Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why not Rock?

G-Prime

Everyone is talking Mason and Alexander. What the hell is wrong with Rock? does he not have a lifetime average of 4.5 or something.. I know he had an issue a few years ago with fumbling, but just to spell portis like betts does I don't see why such a big deal is being made.

What happens if CP or Rock gets hurt? Then the other will have to run EVERY time. We need someone else.

You know back in the day when football was played by men running backs played the entire game. They didn't always have to run to the sidelines and huff on purified oxygen.

You know back in the day when football was played by men running backs played the entire game. They didn't always have to run to the sidelines and huff on purified oxygen.

To think that football has not progressed over the years...

The guys in the league now are much more physical freaks then 10 years ago and the guys 10 years ago were the bigger and stronger than the prior and so on so forth.

I can't hear you. Clinton Portis NFL leading stats are making too much noise.

Cartwright is a great ST players and one of the leaders on this team.

While guys like Portis are considered the heart of the team, players like Cartwright would be its backbone.

Having said that, I would not feel comfortable with Cartwright backing up Portis. He isn't the best RB (a much better ST player). Also, if, God forbid, something should happen to Portis, Cartwright is not the answer as an every down RB.

The Redskins need to look elsewhere for that.

I'm not exactly sure what you are saying?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this back in the day? I'm not going to argue about "men" playing the game and all that, but today's football is what it is and you need more than one to two backs to stay competitive...yes or no?

I love Rock, but he is just not an NFL worthy RB....I don't know what is different about kickoff returns, where he has proven to be pretty good, but even in the preseason, he didn't look very good against 3rd stringers....

I'd love to find a lighter, "Change of Pace" back that may not be able to run between the tackles, but can catch a defense off guard with it's speed and quickness...

You mean back in the day when we used to see Riggins stumble to the sideline after a great run for some oxygen? :)

'Back in the day...' :rolleyes::)

???? Hmm, back in the day most teams would alternate running backs.... Riggins would always get spelled (Washington ring a bell?), and you would always see him with an oxygen mask strapped to his face after a few hard runs....

He has been a team guy. And im sure he would like some opportunities, and he certaintly didnt play bad when he did get his chances. The only issue is he did fumble some of the time. But I dont get why you'd have a guy that patiently waits for his turn, and when he might actually get a chance for some carries, then you bring someone to replace him. *Granted* no one said alexander is starting in front of cartwright as the backup to portis.

Cartwright is a great ST players and one of the leaders on this team.

While guys like Portis are considered the heart of the team, players like Cartwright would be its backbone.

Having said that, I would not feel comfortable with Cartwright backing up Portis. He isn't the best RB (a much better ST player). Also, if, God forbid, something should happen to Portis, Cartwright is not the answer as an every down RB.

The Redskins need to look elsewhere for that.

And I'd hate to lose a great ST player to an injury on offense

I'm almost of the opinoin in these cases that we aren't probabaly a real SB contender so I'd rather have the roster spot to somebody that is likely going to contribute some year in the future so yes, I'd leave it to Rock/Mason.

Samething with the safety. Get a young guy.

Archived