Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC: Mason Isn't out of the Mix at Running Back

RedskinsSuperBowl21

How many carries did Betts get a game? ... About 6

How many carries did Rock get a game? ... maybe 1?

Who will take over for Betts, no matter who is signed? ... Rock

How many carries will Sean or Marcus get? ... maybe 1?

Honestly... I'm more concerned as to what happens with the punter situation.

rock and then mason. Sean Alexander, despite having "experience, does not have experience with this OL, in this system, etc.

Remember, our running game was not changed this year, only the passing game.

Still, Alexander hasn't done squat on almost 3 years. I find comical that all these folks are clamoring that "Mason had a hard time understanding the system" ... HTH do you know that?

Well Alexander had a hard time running behind anything other than a dominant OL. He's done.

Mason looked pretty damn good in pre-season. And hey, that's what pre-season is for, it's not all meaningless. At some point, he needs a shot to prove himself in a regular season game, and not just be told he "doesn't have the experience."

This isn't 2005, and Alexander is not even half the RB he was back then. Just my opinion.

First: Mason was not in all-pro in training camp. Quite the opposite. He had a hard time learning a system.

Second: You want a washed up former MVP rushing champ, why not sign Emmitt Smith? See my point?

They wouldnt give him complicated schemes, and they would only use him on a limited basis. I think the kid is on his way to becomming a great RB, while Alexander is on his way out...

They wouldnt give him complicated schemes, and they would only use him on a limited basis. I think the kid is on his way to becomming a great RB, while Alexander is on his way out...

I like Mason, but he just didn't shine in camp. He had a tough time picking up blocking assignments and such...

How many carries did Betts get a game? ... About 6

How many carries did Rock get a game? ... maybe 1?

Who will take over for Betts, no matter who is signed? ... Rock

How many carries will Sean or Marcus get? ... maybe 1?

Honestly... I'm more concerned as to what happens with the punter situation.

I think you are seriously jumping to conclusions - If they sign Alexander, I would expect him to the be the #2. Rock is on the team for special teams, and to be an emergency RB - They do NOT want to have him getting 5-10 carries a game....

Clark Judge

My sources in Washington tell me that running back Shaun Alexander looked good in this morning's workout and, if he passes the physical, will be signed by the club. Alexander showed up in good shape and did enough that club officials recommended adding him. He is expected to be paid the league minimum, and will serve as a backup to Clinton Portis -- in effect, taking the spot of Ladell Betts, who will be out 3-4 weeks.

Mason blows. The manlove for a soft running, butterfingered, UDFA who is nothing but practice squad material is laughable.

I'd rather have Alexander in here simply because we know what he can, or was able to do and not risk signing Mason, who was cut and couldn't beat out any of the RB's on the roster currently.

I like how fast he hits the holes. He has nice vision and does the juke moves when needed.

I have nothing against Mason, but the game is a lot different in preseason. Yes he ran hard, and I liked watching him, but you can't lose perspective that the defenses are very basic and a lot of the guys we were playing against do not have jobs anymore.

Mason blows. The manlove for a soft running, butterfingered, UDFA who is nothing but practice squad material is laughable.

I'd rather have Alexander in here simply because we know what he can, or was able to do and not risk signing Mason, who was cut and couldn't beat out any of the RB's on the roster currently.

Plus people tend to forget that Alexander and Zorn have an existing relationship. Zorn knows what Alexander's strengths are and what he can do.

Granted, our O-line is not as good as Seattle's was when Alexander was at the top of his game, but he won the MVP by constantly running behind the left side of the line. I think he could gain a few yards behind the left side of our line.

I am not a huge fan of Alexander, but I just think he makes more sense right now than taking a chance on Mason.

Alexander couldn't pass off his resume to ANY TEAM in the entire NFL. Your argument blows. As usual.

Archived