Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

a nice stat to cheer you up after a loss

SKiNz Jus 2 sick

Portis is the leading rusher in the NFL as of today

http://www.nfl.com/stats/player

Portis keeps this up, he may very well be the league MVP if the Redskins go anywhere.

And even though I know he's a great in blitz pickups, it still amazes me every game on how consistent he is with it. He saved Jason Campbell so many times today from getting sacked even more.

Very true......................too bad we don't have someone who showed that they could be a reliable backup to both Portis and Betts.....oh I don't know some guy named Marcus Mason comes to mind.

Or maybe.. Hmm?

Let me see.

How about.. ROCK CARTWRIGHT!?

PS~ Horton is awesome.

:point2sky

Another nice stat, to go along with the OP:

The Redskins are the only team in the top 8 in both offense and defense (YPG), besides the Giants...despite playing one of the touges schedules in the NFL, to this point (4 top-10 offenses, 3 top-10 defenses).

Very true......................too bad we don't have someone who showed that they could be a reliable backup to both Portis and Betts.....oh I don't know some guy named Marcus Mason comes to mind.

First of all, you're forgetting the current 3rd string RB...a guy by the name of Rock Cartwright. Rock's not the fastest, quickest or strongest guy, but he can fill in in a pinch if need be. Second, Marcus Mason is on the Ravens' practice squad, and he's behind two other RBs that don't even get any playing time. So, if the Skins want him they can get him back immediately.

So, all is not lost, fellow Skins fan. Also, I hear Billy McMullen has fallen out of favor in Seattle. Maybe the Skins can bring him back too?

The only thing that cheered me up today, was that dallas lost too.

same here. waited til the end of the game before going to play basketball last night. got a huge smile when they blocked the punt. but there was the flag. so i was like 'of course, they are trying to give the pukes the game like they did with the bs penalty at the end of regulation when they called unabated on the injured player.' that call was horrible. but then they called it against the pukes and i just started laughing.

Over the hill? What do you mean by over the hill? If you're talking about age, Portis is younger than Betts.
That sarcasm really went directly over your head?

In all seriousness, Clinton Portis has always been the best back in the league. Now he's got the stats to back that statement up.

Archived