Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

12th Man Was Awesome! Kudos Fedex Field Crowd!

Reaganaut

I actually liked those EA Redskins players on the monitors commanding the crowd to shoosh on offense. It's sad that it's necessary, but it certainly can't do any harm.

the EA figures are hilarious. They were quick on the cut button for pumped in noise. When the crowd was cheering full blast with the pumped in noise it was like a category 5 hurricane in there. My ears are STILL RINGING after five hours and counting after the game. Again, great job Skins fans. Everyone was just great. Like the playoffs.

This was the best crowd I think I've witnessed since the new stadium opened.

i've got to be honest... i was COMPLETELY EMBARRASSED by the fans at fed ex today... first of all, there was one second the entire game that people were goin up and down the aisles to get french fries and other crap, back to the game not even caring about what is going on ...this started right after kickoff...if you are more worried about refreshments, stay home 2nd of all, the telling people to sit down on 3rd downs is really embarrassing...i was standing & screaming on the last 3rd down that wouldve probably won us the game, and some guy behind said "HEY! sit down for a second",...how about "Hey! stand up for a second its 3rd down for crying outloud"...

Why would you bring a newspaper to a game?

Well in the old days people used to bring the Redskins gameday page out of the sports section from the Post. It was the only reference most people had for the rosters and stats of both teams.

But in the digital age there is no excuse to read a newspaper at a football game.:mad:

If the guilty party is under the age of 60 it's a crime.:cop:

Much agreed. However, I think it's been slowly getting better since Gibbs 2.0 began, or at least since we started winning games again back in 2005.

The first seven years in Landover were lousy on the field and in the stands.

But ya, this season has been the best so far.:cheers:

RFKFedEx, I actually enjoyed the first few years when the stadium opened. The product on the field (save 1999) wasn't the best, but in the two years Cooke Jr owned the team and then in Snyder's first season (when he and his team had the least impact) the atmosphere as far as music goes seemed a lot better. The band was also close to the field and was more a part of the game. I blame Snyder's team for what has been somewhat of an obnoxious presentation since, but this year things seem to have changed for the better.....and not just because the Skins are winning :)

Well in the old days people used to bring the Redskins gameday page out of the sports section from the Post. It was the only reference most people had for the rosters and stats of both teams.

But in the digital age there is no excuse to read a newspaper at a football game.:mad:

If the guilty party is under the age of 60 it's a crime.:cop:

:cheers:

yeah that was my first experience @ Fedex and the fans were very loud yet I enjoyed it. I thought that hey u suck chant was uncalled for too..of course I was sittin in the 200s the group who was probably saying it the loudest lol...I'm sure the Ram fans in front of me didn't like it much either...not that they cared too much cause they still won anyway

I thought the 12th Man did a great job and I really think it helped the D.

2-3 times St. Louis had to call a TO b/c of the noise

1 delay of game

1 false start (maybe 2).

I still got a bit irritated by some of the fans doing the "Let's Go Redskins" stuff and getting really loud when we got in/near the red zone, despite the Shhhhh..... from the Lite-Brite/PA and the "quiet on offense" sign.

But I have a simple answer for this.....about 30% (or more) of the folks are there for the tailgate and drink and the football game is just a bonus.

the 12th Man thread for the Browns game will be up either tonight or tomorrow.....feel free to pop in and say hi.

And outside of that thread, this will be my last post for the week on ES 'cause I'm not in the mood for the panic party or in the mood for the realists, trolls and chicken littles to start **** and run around here saying "i told so, they're not any good". This game left a really bad taste in my mouth and I don't think I really have anything to contribute unless I want to get temp. banned.

As for the game, the team played well on D and failed to execute on STs and O. Turnovers, drops, sacks and poor field position killed us.

I hope the team that plays with poise and is medium shows back up next sunday.

I heard something this morning with Riggo, Sheehan, and Polin that made some sense. Why didn't the Skins defer at home when they won the toss at the outset. It allows the crowd to come back late from halftime while the offense is on the field and get ready to yell their collective heads off when the defense gets on the field. By putting the defense on the field after the half, most people are still standing in line for food and beer.

I was at home for this one and could still hear slugs cheering while the Skins were on offense. Stop cheering while they are on offense...why is that so hard to understand?????:doh:

12th Man FAIL.

The noise level when they were on offense was dramatically different and not much above the normal crowd din like before the game. I didn't hear anyone "cheering" for the offense. I kept yelling things like "pass the ball" when we were doing a Gibbs impression in the third quarter, but it's not cheering. People are getting ready to cheer first downs, touchdowns etc. so you can't expect them to be perfect. All in all, the best cheered game from a defensive and offensive prospective. The offense could hear... come on now.

I thought the 12th Man did a great job and I really think it helped the D.

2-3 times St. Louis had to call a TO b/c of the noise

1 delay of game

1 false start (maybe 2).

I still got a bit irritated by some of the fans doing the "Let's Go Redskins" stuff and getting really loud when we got in/near the red zone, despite the Shhhhh..... from the Lite-Brite/PA and the "quiet on offense" sign.

But I have a simple answer for this.....about 30% (or more) of the folks are there for the tailgate and drink and the football game is just a bonus.

the 12th Man thread for the Browns game will be up either tonight or tomorrow.....feel free to pop in and say hi.

And outside of that thread, this will be my last post for the week on ES 'cause I'm not in the mood for the panic party or in the mood for the realists, trolls and chicken littles to start **** and run around here saying "i told so, they're not any good". This game left a really bad taste in my mouth and I don't think I really have anything to contribute unless I want to get temp. banned.

As for the game, the team played well on D and failed to execute on STs and O. Turnovers, drops, sacks and poor field position killed us.

I hope the team that plays with poise and is medium shows back up next sunday.

maybe your sore throat thread jinxed us. We have plenty of cheerleaders on the field. We don't need any extras on the message boards. That being said I eagerly await your new 12th man thread.

I heard something this morning with Riggo, Sheehan, and Polin that made some sense. Why didn't the Skins defer at home when they won the toss at the outset. It allows the crowd to come back late from halftime while the offense is on the field and get ready to yell their collective heads off when the defense gets on the field. By putting the defense on the field after the half, most people are still standing in line for food and beer.

Its funny because a few weeks ago Sheehan commented that he predicted you would see more AWAY teams defer if they won the toss so they could start the second half on offense while much of the crowd is still loitering in the concourse smoking and joking and Pollin basically laughed at him. I think the Skins probably were of the mindset that they could get the ball and jump on the Rams from the get go, and if 'Tana holds on to the 3rd down slant pass near midfield, who knows?

maybe your sore throat thread jinxed us. We have plenty of cheerleaders on the field. We don't need any extras on the message boards. That being said I eagerly await your new 12th man thread.

Hello SkoalSkin~ Maybe, have you thought about this angle~ the jinx came from a negative fan posting in the 12th man thread~ YOU.

Didn't notice anybody else posting negs or getting in there and jammin' sh** other than you. ;)

Why post in the thread if you don't like it? Uping your post count~ Thought so:rolleyes:

But I'm not going to concern myself with you~ the MODS will catch up with you and we'll all be sayin', C-ya:D

Archived