Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

12th Man Was Awesome! Kudos Fedex Field Crowd!

Reaganaut

I can't think of any plays on defense where the crowd took the play off. My ears are still ringing (seriously) from the noise. The Rams did a good job shaking it off and making plays anyway when they needed to. They deserve a lot of credit for showing up and playing in a very difficult situation with the noise.

I did my part and am sipping down an iced smoothie for my throat. Voice is not doing well. Hey, so we lost a game. The team spent all it's emotion on the Cowboys and Eagles. I think the boo birds were only out for the punter mostly. People really behaved themselves too. Give the Rams credit, they beat a good football team in the Redskins on the road.

We'll get 'em next week. :logo:

God it was hard to get pumped up everytime that punter shanked one.....so demoralizing to see short punt, line drive punt, complete shanked punt, oh and this is the second week in a row Suisham has kicked it out of bounds with no wind to blame...

God it was hard to get pumped up everytime that punter shanked one.....so demoralizing to see short punt, line drive punt, complete shanked punt, oh and this is the second week in a row Suisham has kicked it out of bounds with no wind to blame...

Special teams are not getting it done this year. Time for an overhaul.

It definitely was :applause:

Just keep the "Hey!"..."You suck!" out of it, at least when we are losing :doh:

It was hilarious when after we kicked the ball out of bounds and the Rams started on the 40, the PA started blaring pump up music like we did something great.

I'll second that, Reaganaut.......I like the energy the crowd brought today. Aside from the several idiotic times people tried to chant "Lets Go Redskins" when we're on offense and are trying to chant "Hip Hip Hooray" when we're behind in the 4th quater, the noise was definitely there for the defense, which did its job today, save for the lsat Rams drive, which from what I could tell was an underthrown ball anyway that they just unfortunately came down with.

Most questionable thing I saw today was a guy in my section wearing a red T-shirt with a player with his arms outstretched and standing on a star. The players jersey was #81......and the name was Monk. Maybe I was just misinterpreting it, but it seems like Terrell Owens was the man you'd associate with that pose, not Art.

As for the game, yuk. What can you say.......we killed ourselves with three turnovers, and unfortunately should've come up with two INTs. Hopefully they bounce back.

I don't think people understand that the 12th man is only on defense.

I was in section 109 and on a crucial 3rd down some idiots in the section to my right, were trying to start the wave. Fortunately it didn't catch on. Can't remember the exact play (maybe it was that fourth and one) regardless though it was embarrasing watching these morons....Anyways, hopefully next week we show up to play, and those morons have jumped the bandwagon and will do the wave at their houses:doh:

Place was rockin' on defense! I was proud of everyone in that regard.

But please, for the love of all that is holy..the "Let's go Redskins - *clap*clap*clapclapclap" mess on offense has got to stop. I was embarrassed. The entire offense was trying to get the crowd to shut the hell up and nobody was listening. We were trying our damnedest to shut up the section to our right (felt bad for one regular in that section, he was trying to quiet em down too with no luck). The fact that the "Shhhhh!" audio is even needed makes me ill.

In any case, keep it up on D! I think we did an awesome job today!

I did like the catchy "everyone clap your hands" thing they did several times when we were on D today. Its a nice way of getting folks into the game.

I don't know what kind of feedback the Skins have received from the surveys but somehow the atmosphere at FedEx is more palatable this season. The pre-game and during game music seem less intrusive. Now if we just didn't have those darn turnovers today :(

somehow the atmosphere at FedEx is more palatable this season.

Much agreed. However, I think it's been slowly getting better since Gibbs 2.0 began, or at least since we started winning games again back in 2005.

The first seven years in Landover were lousy on the field and in the stands.

But ya, this season has been the best so far.:cheers:

Archived