Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does this loss show we are not real contenders?

Never4get#21

One game doesnt define the season....

Standings do...

Look where we are , 2nd place no matter what after this loss....

Were still in contention... if you dont think so, well nobody cares for u lol

There is no rule the NFC east gets 3 playoff spots or even 2. Teams like the Cardinals and Falcons can take up the spots that the redskins don't want.

Cardinals, Falcons, Tampa, Green Bay, Giants , Panthers, Cowboys , Eagles and redskins are all competing for 6 spots.

we arent real contenders after this game, because i guarantee you when we play the eagles and cowgirls again, they will have their **** together and wont underestimate us again.

Maybe, like, the next time we're in this position we won't take our opponent for granted? Like...maybe?

Furthermore, not every score is based on your team's opinion of their opponent. The 3 TO's didn't happen because our players thought the Rams were a terrible team. They happened because the Rams made them happen.

Were still 2nd in the division. I think this will be a wake up call. I know they'll be fired up for next weeks game. Were still 4-2. Well be ok if they lose either of the next two games, I might get a lil worried.

And we will still make the playoffs.

The jury is still out. We're not even half way through the season. We all know that there is a lot of football to be played yet. I would like to think that we will come out on the long end of the stick (like I do every year), but you never know. Being ranked 2nd in the NFC East really doesn't mean that much at this point in the season. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great, but like I said we still have 10 games to play, and obviously there is now film for the other teams to study. I think that this game showed that we have to play 60 minutes of consitent football and if things don't go our way, we must play to make things happen. This was a very disappointing loss to a team that we should have beaten fairly easily. I guess we just have to wait and see how we come out and play against the Browns and Lions. We still have a lot of work to do on Offense. We leave too many points on the field (not even counting the 3 huge TO's today). On Defense, playing Prevent to take away the big play just gives the other team all the other stuff. So, I think we need to put more pressure on the QB's. Special Teams, other than Rock, I have nothing possitive to say. And Brooks... That is the weakest link (bye-bye). Hopefully we can work on these things and continue to improve. I would love nothing more than to earn a spot outright in the playoffs, not sneak in relying on other teams losing, etc.. as we have in recent years.

So, here's to hoping that we are real contenders come week 16...

The jury is still out. We're not even half way through the season.

That should be the end of the conversation right there. People are getting too carried away too quickly. People were talking about the superbowl just last week.

If this doesn't keep people grounded, then nothing will. 2007 Lions. 6-2, 1-7. Don't fall for the hype, and hope the Skins play like every game is against a contender.

The jury is still out. We're not even half way through the season. We all know that there is a lot of football to be played yet. I would like to think that we will come out on the long end of the stick (like I do every year), but you never know. Being ranked 2nd in the NFC East really doesn't mean that much at this point in the season. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great, but like I said we still have 10 games to play, and obviously there is now film for the other teams to study. I think that this game showed that we have to play 60 minutes of consitent football and if things don't go our way, we must play to make things happen. This was a very disappointing loss to a team that we should have beaten fairly easily. I guess we just have to wait and see how we come out and play against the Browns and Lions. We still have a lot of work to do on Offense. We leave too many points on the field (not even counting the 3 huge TO's today). On Defense, playing Prevent to take away the big play just gives the other team all the other stuff. So, I think we need to put more pressure on the QB's. Special Teams, other than Rock, I have nothing possitive to say. And Brooks... That is the weakest link (bye-bye). Hopefully we can work on these things and continue to improve. I would love nothing more than to earn a spot outright in the playoffs, not sneak in relying on other teams losing, etc.. as we have in recent years.

So, here's to hoping that we are real contenders come week 16...

Good post.

I think what Zorn needs to learn is when and when not to be aggressive. In a game like this, where our opponents have no offense and aren't moving the ball, it's a fantastic time to take some chances downfield. Against the Eagles, it wasn't, and he didn't force anything. Sticking to your gameplan is a level-headed decision, but not always the correct one. We should have abused that secondary.

this one loss isnt all that bad...it happens in sports when underdogs get breaks and stupid mistakes are made and there is an upset. if we dont win the next two weeks, at least one of them in convincing fashion, there should be reason to think we arent as good as we think. im still confident we r a good team. bad breaks do happen, and we uncharacteristically had 3 fumbles, one retarded one which gave them 7 points

What it shows is that our offense came out expecting this to be an easy win, against a team that was looking for an emotional victory for its new, interim coach. STL wanted to make a statement against one of the hottest teams in the league (up until today). This was the same Redskins team that beat Dallass in Dallass, and Philthy in Philthy. The Skins WERE the better team on the field, they just didn't play like it!

Bottom line: it's only one loss, and we are still in second place in the division. This will be a wake up call. We will be 6-2 in two weeks.

This is more about how the coach operates during the week than the players IMO.

The team CAN'T handle being the top team everyone talks about. They can't handle the spotlight. They love being underdogs. Zorn must keep these players humble. Zorn has to be tough with the guys or they'll just do it again.

Im looking at this game as a measuring stick for the type of team were shaping up to be.

We made several turnovers. Bad penalties. Bad Special Teams. Dropped passes and Injuries. Yet we still almost won. Normally we would've been blown out with this type of performance. You take away Leigh Torrence not being able to cover bread with jelly, and we win this game.

Are we a elite team in this league or Are we the type of team that will be up and down all year???

Advice from the other side-really, keep your heads up. There's a LONG way to go this season, and it's not that easy to keep the gas tank full every single week. Didn't you guys just come off 2 very emotional NFCE road games?

Even John Madden would always talk about how that "gas tank" is hard to keep full every single week, once in awhile, it happens.

Your team has played very well this year, and Zorn has them very disciplined and focused. They WILL make it just fine through the course of the season.

Sadly-I can't say that for my Cowboys-no leadership, no discipline, no passion, and worst of all, no heart.(Heck (T)eam (O)bliviator has alot more fire and heart than the rest of the team) If this team makes the playoffs, then I will be surprised.

You know, I'm not buying into this NFC East hype machine.

There is a very good chance that only 2 NFC East teams make the playoffs, or maybe even only one, the division winner.

Just because you play in the NFC East doesn't mean you are automatically a 5th or 6th seed like people think. The Redskins, Eagles, and Cowboys (or even the Giants) may all miss the playoffs.

You know, I'm not buying into this NFC East hype machine.

There is a very good chance that only 2 NFC East teams make the playoffs, or maybe even only one, the division winner.

Just because you play in the NFC East doesn't mean you are automatically a 5th or 6th seed like people think. The Redskins, Eagles, and Cowboys (or even the Giants) may all miss the playoffs.

The NFCS is looking pretty good-Matt Ryan isn't exactly playing like a rookie(his decision making has been excellent), the Panthers are back to playing Jon Fox style of football(despite the loss today), the Bucs are playing very consistently, and if it weren't for their kicker, the Saints would be 5-1.

I also expect either the Bears or Packers to battle out one of the WC spots(whoever loses out the NFCN, that is).

The NFCS is looking pretty good-Matt Ryan isn't exactly playing like a rookie(his decision making has been excellent), the Panthers are back to playing Jon Fox style of football(despite the loss today), the Bucs are playing very consistently, and if it weren't for their kicker, the Saints would be 5-1.

I also expect either the Bears or Packers to battle out one of the WC spots(whoever loses out the NFCN, that is).

Yeah. If the NFC East isn't careful, the Bucs, Panthers, Saints, Falcons, Bears, Packers, Vikings, would all love to take both the wildcards (assuming Giants and Cardinals win their division).

One of the very few bright spots the day after a loss like that is coming here to see just how badly people are freakin out. So far it looks like a doozy. The "bi-polar refusing his meds" mentality is in full swing, and it resembles nothing so much as a work by Bosch, the raving insanity of it all overwhelming the senses.

To all who stand fast and see this for what it is, a game lost that shouldn't have been but still just A game, good job. You are a credit to the fanbase.

To the mob scrambling to dive over the side wailing that we never were any good in the first place, it was all an illusion, see ya, good riddance. It is disappointing sometimes to see the depths we have sunk to when so many hold their fanship so loosely and cast it aside at the slightest hint of trouble.

We are six games into a new era and as hard as it may be to accept sometimes these lessons need to be relearned- you do NOT take anyone for granted! The Skins came out looking flat, another example of a team that expected to win rather than one determined to make that happen. A lot has been made of the very same attitude in Dallas lately, sauce for the goose y'know?

We are not a Superbowl team and if you thought we were then that is on you and your poor assessment of things. If we are ever going to BE a Superbowl team again this is how it will happen. We'll take our lumps, learn, grow and evolve into one, we won't just mystically magically be transformed into one overnight.

We were never anything other than PRETENDERS. This just showed it clearly to anyone with the slightest amount of football knowledge.

It won't happen but I'd like to see Jim Zorn FIRED this evening. I'd also like to see a number of players CUT, including Kendall, Torrence, Suisham and Brooks. They weren't the only problems by any stretch of the imagination, but they had blatant, obvious issues that helped cost us the game.

Thank you Al Davis

Please don't forget about the team the Redskins were playing against.

The Rams:

This was the first game after a mid-season coaching change.

Plus, they were coming off a bye week.

This was a completely different Rams team than in their first 5 games.

The Redskins were really really due for a let-down.

Each game shows us more about who the Redskins are.

We are an average to above average team which with a new coach and system is still far more than I legitimately expected this season. We quickly forgot what the real expectations for this team were when we went and bet two division foes on the road in consecutive weeks. An elite team? Not a chance. Elite teams do not let yesterday happen. Period.

We are an average to above average team which with a new coach and system is still far more than I legitimately expected this season. We quickly forgot what the real expectations for this team were when we went and bet two division foes on the road in consecutive weeks. An elite team? Not a chance. Elite teams do not let yesterday happen. Period.

100% agree, we are back to pretender status

Many of you are really surprised about the outcome.

All my predcition posts from last week had the Rams winning 23-20.

I picked the Rams +13.5 and Under 44.

Read my prediciton posts from last week.

I even mentioned why the Redskins would lose.

I would rather bet against the Redskins and lose then to bet on the Redskins and win. However, betting against the Redskins and winning...now that is just Heaven on Earth.

I do not think we're a championship caliber team but we are a solid team. I disagree with the comment about losing games like this didn't the Patriots back several years ago lost to us and we had a bad team that year under Spurrier. The Ravens lost to us in 2000 and they were truly the better team and went on to bigger and better things.

Even in our heyday we lost to teams we had no business losing to but went on to have a special year. Not saying it this year but take it for what it is a loss. They took the Rams lightly which I thought they wouldn't do.

Hopefully, this will serve as a wake up to the guys and they know that they have to be on their A game each and every game or they will be beaten no matter by who it is.

Archived