Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eli Manning about to surpass Peyton?

Tom [Giants fan]

Petyon is more accurate, has better mechanics, and can make more throws than Eli can.

I'm curious. What throws can't Eli make?
I think that Peyton was also a smarter and more accomplished QB than Eli is at this stage of their respective careers, meaning that Peyton just simply is more of the natural at the position of the two.
Peyton hadn't even won a playoff game at this point in his career.

I assume we're comparing him to Peyton at his age...and IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE. Peyton is a hall of famer, Eli is a solid starter, but nothing more yet.
It's not even close? Much like Eli, Peyton lead the league in interceptions his 4th year. However, Eli is more accomplished than Peyton was at the same point in their careers.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I didn't realize there was enough crack in this world to make this observation.

Talk about jumping to conclusions. Yeah, let's cancel out Peyton's career because he had offseason surgury and is off to a bad start.....

Agreed anyone who thinks Eli is even close to EVER being as good as Peyton is on some sort of drug.

Eli benefits from a power run game, one of the best o-lines in football and a GREAT defense.

Peyton is leaps and bounds better than him.

Eli Manning doesn't have to be as good as Peyton for the Giants to be successful. That is how the Colts are built, not the Giants. Eli Manning is an excellent quarterback for the Giants. No ego shown publicly like the one the Giants traded for Eli. He has a fire in him that his teammates see and that is all that is necessary for it to be seen. He wants to win very badly. And he can win a game if he has too. What else does he need to be?

Agreed anyone who thinks Eli is even close to EVER being as good as Peyton is on some sort of drug.

Eli benefits from a power run game, one of the best o-lines in football and a GREAT defense.

Peyton is leaps and bounds better than him.

And Eli has been leaps and bounds more succesful than Peyton was at this point in his career.

And Eli has been leaps and bounds more succesful than Peyton was at this point in his career.

OH REALLY??? Please take the homer glasses off. Only difference was Eli had a SB his first five years.

Eli through first 5 years:

Att Comp Pct Att/G Yds Avg TD INT Rating TD% Int%

TOTAL 1,276 2,284 55.9 14,623 6.4 98 74 76.1 4.3 3.2

Peyton through first 5 years.

TOTAL 1,749 2,817 62.9 20,618 7.98 166 55 85.9 6.52 2.14

Even I wouldn't be that big of a homer. :doh:

OH REALLY??? Please take the homer glasses off. Only difference was Eli had a SB his first five years.

Eli through first 5 years:

TOTAL 1,276 2,284 55.9 14,623 6.4 98 74 76.1 4.3 3.2

Peyton through first 5 years.

TOTAL 1,749 2,817 62.9 20,618 7.98 166 55 85.9 6.52 2.14

Even I wouldn't be that big of a homer. :doh:

So in your opinion, regular season statistics are the measure of success in the NFL. I guess you must be a big Tony Romo sits to pee fan as well.

So in your opinion, regular season statistics are the measure of success in the NFL. I guess you must be a big Tony Romo sits to pee fan as well.

By your logic Eli is a better Qb than Dan Marino.

By the way, in case you were curious here are their playoff statistics through 5 seasons:

I'm not sure of anyone who would say that Eli's ceiling is as high as Peyton's so judging their first five season doesn't tell you much unless you feel that way.

You're forcing an outcome that is a round peg into a square hole. Peyton will most likely end up as the greatest statistical Qb of all time. And it's not like he'll be ringless.

By your logic Eli is a better Qb than Dan Marino.

I'm not sure of anyone who would say that Eli's ceiling is as high as Peyton's so judging their first five season doesn't tell you much unless you feel that way.

You're forcing an outcome that is a round peg into a square hole. Peyton will most likely end up as the greatest statistical Qb of all time. And it's not like he'll be ringless.

You seem to be confusing better with successful, Eli is more successful that Marino because he has a SB ring, Eli is more successful than Peyton at the same time in his career because he has a SB ring. That's what it's all about ask the coaches, ask the players, ask the fans. They all want to win superbowls more than they want stats or records.

You seem to be confusing better with successful, Eli is more successful that Marino because he has a SB ring, Eli is more successful than Peyton at the same time in his career because he has a SB ring. That's what it's all about ask the coaches, ask the players, ask the fans. They all want to win superbowls more than they want stats or records.

Are you of the mindset that Eli has a higher ceiling than Peyton? Because being more successful than someone 5 years in, is not much of a measuring stick otherwise.

Eli is also more successful than Bart Starr when comparing the first five seasons of their careers.

Eli Manning isn't even as good as Philip Rivers, let alone his brother.

Philip Rivers has ACTUAL fire and yeah, it's great ELi did well in key situations last year and is a good QB, but he's not the producer or "I WILL CARRY YOU" kind of guy Rivers is.

Rivers is a jerk but that's part of his leadership quality, frankly. And he produces even with LT in his backfield taking some numbers and focus away from the passing game.

Eli Manning isn't even as good as Philip Rivers, let alone his brother.

Philip Rivers has ACTUAL fire and yeah, it's great ELi did well in key situations last year and is a good QB, but he's not the producer or "I WILL CARRY YOU" kind of guy Rivers is.

Rivers is a jerk but that's part of his leadership quality, frankly. And he produces even with LT in his backfield taking some numbers and focus away from the passing game.

OUt of all of the QBs out there, in my opinion the one QB that has the least amount of class seems to be Phillip Rivers. His whole self-created feud with Cutler shows his true self.

Can we let this thread die? Most normal Giant fans know that Eli is not his brother. Eli will be known as a great quarterback but not for his numbers. It will be because he was the right quarterback at the right time. Accorsi knew something no one else did. I'm not sure if Ben R. or Philip Rivers would have had the success Eli is having with the Giants. I don't know that they wouldn't have either. But Eli is successful with the Giants because he is the perfect QB for this team.

Can we stop now? :doh:

Are you of the mindset that Eli has a higher ceiling than Peyton? Because being more successful than someone 5 years in, is not much of a measuring stick otherwise.

Eli is also more successful than Bart Starr when comparing the first five seasons of their careers.

I don't think Eli will ever be more talented or put up better numbers than Peyton. But I don't care, all I want(assuming he keeps playing with the Giants his whole career) is for Eli to have more SB rings, because while it's nice to have the stats and records, but I want to watch my team win supeprbowls.

I don't think Eli will ever be more talented or put up better numbers than Peyton. But I don't care, all I want(assuming he keeps playing with the Giants his whole career) is for Eli to have more SB rings, because while it's nice to have the stats and records, but I want to watch my team win supeprbowls.

We're all aware that Super Bowls are why the game is played and bring the ultimate success.

Your argument is a thread-killer.

Archived