Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Winning the NFCBEAST

skns4life

Ok hear me out... Am I the only one that wants to see the rest of the teams in our division do well?! Not because you like them of course. I hate all the teams in our division as much as the next guy. I just feel very confident that our Skins are indeed the best team in our conference (Giants haven't beaten anyone good and have only played the RAMS @ their place) and will win the division when all is said and done. Being that I feel like we'll win the division by controlling our own destiny from here on out (yes I know we're barely going into week 6), I want to win it in a year where every other single team in our division dominated their opponents also. I don't want to be like the Eagles of this decade when they were Division champs when the rest of the teams in our division were garbage. Anyway, am I the only one that feels this way? :helmet:

If you could guarantee me a division title and home field, I'd say hell yeah, let the other 3 have winning records to prove we TRULY are back.

But, to pinch a 2 Gibbs words, "up here" it's tough as hell, and you take ANY advantage you can get. Never have quite gotten the "I want to beat this team at there strongest" etc. They have an injured star out? RELISH it, it's to the 'Skins advantage. They would were situations to be reversed. The more games NY, Philly and the Crygirls lose, the better all round it is for us. You can only beat what's in front of you.

If it were to end up not as strong a division as looked early in terms of the final standings, then "so what?", so long as we come out on top. Screw what outsiders think. WE know what we have here, whatever the others do.

And that's ALL that matters.

Hail.

I'd take a division crown no matter what. If we were like the Seahawks of the past few years in the ultra-weak NFC West, I'd take that or if all of the teams in the Beast were dominant but we were the most dominant I'd take that too, it would just be a little sweeter.

I could care less how the rest of the division does. All I care about is the Redskins getting into the playoffs. Its hard to argue that the best team in the NFL doesn't win the superbowl, so let that decide who's the best. I would rather be the best team in the worst division then the worst team in the best division a thousand times over. As a fan, if I could stick the Redskins in the NFC west in exchange for say, the seahawks or something, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

I'm not a fan of the NFC East. I don't get some sort of bonus thrill out of being in the best division of football. I want the Redskins to get to the playoffs, so therefore I cheer against every NFC team and every NFC East opponent every week of the season. Post season is all that matters. The division does not. Bottom line is there is NO CONSOLATION if we finish 10-6 in this division, and don't go to the playoffs, where a NFC west team that could be 8-8 and win the division goes to the playoffs.

Nope, Not going to happen, not now, not ever......

I can not, will not, and should not as a Redskins fan root for another NFCE team to do well. I am just not wired to even consider that as a option.

Hell, when 2 other NFCE teams play I root for BOTH of them to lose!

Guess it's just my upbringing, Thanks Mom & Dad :D

Nope, Not going to happen, not now, not ever......

I can not, will not, and should not as a Redskins fan root for another NFCE team to do well. I am just not wired to even consider that as a option.

Hell, when 2 other NFCE teams play I root for BOTH of them to lose!

Guess it's just my upbringing, Thanks Mom & Dad :D

:applause: Im with you brotha. Only time Ill EVER root for another NFC East team is to get us in the playoffs.

Ok I guess I am the only one! lol... oh well, I guess I'm just very confident that we control our own destiny and we'll win the division. I'll get bashed for this, and I'll be told to take it one week at a time even though as fans, we CAN overlook teams since we're not playing... but I just don't see us losing another game. All our NFCE foes have to come into OUR house now and I'm confident we'll beat them. We'll beat the Giants cause we'll want revenge (especially if the game gets moved to national television), they'll beat the cowboys just cause, well it'll be Dallas week *in* DC... and we'll beat the Eagles cause Donovon likes to run his mouth about how we're not better than him. I don't think the rest of the schedule is hard at all and I don't think Zorn will let this team lay an egg to a cup cake team... So I'll just come out and say it, I feel like we're going 15-1!!!!

It'd be sweet knowing we're the best of the best but I can absolutely, not now, not ever root for any other team in the NFCE to win...my roomate (eagles) hates me for it cause she thinks I should just root for my team to win, not others to lose, but sorry that's not how it works...unless it's going to help the Skins, the other NFCE teams need to lose. Always. And I feel like the other teams will prolly pull out a few W's and we'll end up bein the hardest division in the league anyway....

Ok hear me out... Am I the only one that wants to see the rest of the teams in our division do well?! Not because you like them of course. I hate all the teams in our division as much as the next guy. I just feel very confident that our Skins are indeed the best team in our conference (Giants haven't beaten anyone good and have only played the RAMS @ their place) and will win the division when all is said and done. Being that I feel like we'll win the division by controlling our own destiny from here on out (yes I know we're barely going into week 6), I want to win it in a year where every other single team in our division dominated their opponents also. I don't want to be like the Eagles of this decade when they were Division champs when the rest of the teams in our division were garbage. Anyway, am I the only one that feels this way? :helmet:

Whats funny is, the same exact thing was being said last year after we rolled off 6 straight. By beating teams by 30+ points, even if they are bad, is showing you something right? I honestly dont care. DISRESPECT THE GIANTS! DISCREDIT THE GIANTS! LET THEM PROVE IT AGAIN!!

Oh, and not like we beat YOUR TEAM or anything...

:cheers:

Whats funny is, the same exact thing was being said last year after we rolled off 6 straight. By beating teams by 30+ points, even if they are bad, is showing you something right? I honestly dont care. DISRESPECT THE GIANTS! DISCREDIT THE GIANTS! LET THEM PROVE IT AGAIN!!

Oh, and not like we beat YOUR TEAM or anything...

:cheers:

The New Jersey Giants DO NOT scare us...... Go beat on your hollow chest somewhere else.....

I don't know about you but I'm pissed that the one year the Redskins are awesome and go 4-1 we aren't even first in the division and we are TIED for second!! HELL NO We don't other NFCE teams to win. I want cushion for our record. You know at some point we will lose again and i don't want 2 or 3 TOTAL losses to separate us from the title.

At this point I want to win the NFCE......period!!!!

I mean, when was the last time we actually won the east?

1999?

If the Giants, Cowboys and Eagles are good and we do this.....great we beat good teams!!

But I don't care about what they do I care about what we do and what we need to do is win our games.........

we win most of our games we win the East. And I want to see a playoff game at FedEx.

Archived