Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zorn Knows Rams Well

bulldog

Playing in-division against Marc Bulger, Steven Jackson and Co. the past 5-6 years, Zorn should not be surprised by the capabilities of the core players on the St. Louis squad. Jim Haslett is a new coach but is limited in the changes he can make based on the personnel he has to work with.

I would be less worried about the Redskins being out-coached and more about the players realizing they still have to come out and play 60 minutes.

That's why after the road wins at Dallas and at Philly, playing at home vs. the Rams is a big advantage. If this were a third consecutive road game I would be more leery of this one.

true, but he wasn't an offensive coordinator, so how much experience does he have planning against them? Then comes the question of a new defense, and does he really know how to attack them? I don't know if it comes into play much. I think that Blache will attack their offense well and that Zorn will be unpredictable as a play caller again.

You have to be joking. Zorn was a professional quarterback for 11 years in the NFL and worked to develop the quarterback that beat the Rams so many times in the past decade.

As a coach in the booth on game days you can't tell me he didn't learn how Mike Holmgren decided to attack the underbelly of the Rams team and how to break down the Rams skill players strengths and weaknesses.

Give Zorn some credit, he was doing a LOT more in Seattle than tossing practice footballs to Matt Hasselbeck before the advent of the automatic ball retriever :laugh: :laugh:

I'm not doubting that, but I think some of that goes away with the fact that they got a new DC who became their head coach, so their scheme is different than what they ran when Zorn was there.

I'm not saying he has no experience in doing this, but is expecting to base in on previous years overstating it?

But he did do a good job attacking Arizona, so maybe you're right.

You have to be joking. Zorn was a professional quarterback for 11 years in the NFL and worked to develop the quarterback that beat the Rams so many times in the past decade.

As a coach in the booth on game days you can't tell me he didn't learn how Mike Holmgren decided to attack the underbelly of the Rams team and how to break down the Rams skill players strengths and weaknesses.

Give Zorn some credit, he was doing a LOT more in Seattle than tossing practice footballs to Matt Hasselbeck before the advent of the automatic ball retriever :laugh: :laugh:

dismissed...

no, because Bulger, Jackson and Torry Holt remain the core of the Rams attack and their tendencies are not going to change in 2 weeks.

yeah, but thats where Blache comes into play. How much does Zorn analyze the offense of the Rams? I'd think that he spends his time finding ways to attack their defense.

I think he'll find huge holes in that defense, just as every other team they've played has. But I'm not saying that Zorn is an expert on this defense yet cause this isn't the same defense that was there when Zorn was in Seattle.

But to your point, there are probably many similar players on that defense who Zorn has experience in developing game-plans against, and to that regard you may be right.

I dont know if anyone remembers but Haslett was the head coach in New Orleans before Sean Payton took over... theres a reason hes no longer there, its because they were trash. Im not the least bit worried about Haslett as their head coach, the rams D has sucked with him as a coordinator, so why do we think they will be any better with him as a head coach??

I would be less worried about the Redskins being out-coached and more about the players realizing they still have to come out and play 60 minutes.

:applause::applause::applause:

The Rams coaches can't out coach our guys...not possible. This game will be squarely on the shoulders of the players. This game will be very telling. If the Skins come out and stomp the Rams then we should feel very confident about what this team can do. If they come out flat...very bad sign of the mental capabilities of our players.

:cheers: Here's to an arse whipping :cheers:

I dont know if anyone remembers but Haslett was the head coach in New Orleans before Sean Payton took over... theres a reason hes no longer there, its because they were trash. Im not the least bit worried about Haslett as their head coach, the rams D has sucked with him as a coordinator, so why do we think they will be any better with him as a head coach??

A week off and the players didn't like the ousted coach anyways so they will want to win for their new coach. Some games can be won by emotions alone. It is the most powerful x and o formula out there. ;)

A week off and the players didn't like the ousted coach anyways so they will want to win for their new coach. Some games can be won by emotions alone. It is the most powerful x and o formula out there. ;)

If we were playing in St Louis the game might be closer than expected, but coming off of two amazing road wins the emotion at Fed Ex is going to be out of this world.. the emotion of our players will far exceed that of a Rams team who has a new head coach.

Um, no. He's a former COTY who got the Saints their first-ever playoff win, so I would say they weren't exactly trash. He's more of a motivator than an innovator. His days playing LB make his players respect him, and his natural aggressiveness allows him to pump them up. That's probably his biggest strength as a HC, his fire.

Um, no. He's a former COTY who got the Saints their first-ever playoff win, so I would say they weren't exactly trash. He's more of a motivator than an innovator. His days playing LB make his players respect him, and his natural aggressiveness allows him to pump them up. That's probably his biggest strength as a HC, his fire.

Coach of the Year or not.. theres a reason hes no longer their head coach and its not because he was a good one. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then

If it was anything else than he would still be coaching there right??

Well, let's see. It might have had something to do with Hurricane Katrina, which forced the Saints to relocate to San Antonio, play 3 home games at the Alamodome, 4 at LSU's stadium and 1 which wasn't even remotely close to a home game at all, at the Meadowlands against the Giants. Not to mention how the players were distracted by their families and friends lives, and also their own, being disrupted by the disaster. Throw in the extra travelling and schedule juggling and you've got one hell of a difficult season.

Or maybe he was just a buffoon. You tell me -

Zorn has the advantage of knowing the tendencies of the Rams personnel, so this should be to our advantage even. The Skins are already familiar with Saunders offensive scheme, so we definitely have the advantage of what to expect from their offense.

Let the slaughtering begin.

Archived