Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zorn Knows Rams Well

bulldog

Well, let's see. It might have had something to do with Hurricane Katrina, which forced the Saints to relocate to San Antonio, play 3 home games at the Alamodome, 4 at LSU's stadium and 1 which wasn't even remotely close to a home game at all, at the Meadowlands against the Giants. Not to mention how the players were distracted by their families and friends lives, and also their own, being disrupted by the disaster. Throw in the extra travelling and schedule juggling and you've got one hell of a difficult season.

Or maybe he was just a buffoon. You tell me -

I'm not saying that he's a bad coach, but he didn't get fired because hurricane katrina came. I mean they were trash before that. Then Payton comes in the next year and they go to the NFC championship.

I'm not saying that he's a bad coach, but he didn't get fired because hurricane katrina came. I mean they were trash before that. Then Payton comes in the next year and they go to the NFC championship.

I wouldn't say they were trash. Give me a minute to check the records but I seem to remember that team being mediocre. If memory serves me, I think it may have been the years when Joe Horn and Stallworth were blowin' up.

EDIT: Yeah those were the Aaron Brooks years. They had records of like 10-6, 7-9, 9-7 and two 8-8 years and then they bottomed out at 3-13 in the Katrina year. Mediocre, but they were playing in a very wide open NFC South at the time.

In 6 years there, he only had one other losing season besides his last, and that was his 2nd at 7-9. Granted, they only made the playoffs in his inaugural season, but in the two years before Katrina they went 8-8 both times. Again, I fail to see how that made them garbage. Mediocre, perhaps, but certainly not cellar-dwellers.

I wouldn't say they were trash. Give me a minute to check the records but I seem to remember that team being mediocre. If memory serves me, I think it may have been the years when Joe Horn and Stallworth were blowin' up.

EDIT: Yeah those were the Aaron Brooks years. They had records of like 10 -6, 9-7 and two 8-8 years and then they bottomed out at 3-13 in the Katrina year. Mediocre, but they were playing in a very wide open NFC South at the time.

Thank you. You beat me to it. They weren't exactly setting the world on fire, but they were far from trash. The man can get his teams up to play, bottom line. That said, I don't see us having a problem this Sunday so long as we execute. JZ is not going to let us lie down and rest on ANY laurels.

In 6 years there, he only had one other losing season besides his last, and that was his 2nd at 7-9. Granted, they only made the playoffs in his inaugural season, but in the two years before Katrina they went 8-8 both times. Again, I fail to see how that made them garbage. Mediocre, perhaps, but certainly not cellar-dwellers.

You are correct. I didn't know that was their records. I don't know I just don't ever remember them being that good, and they always seemed to be disorganzied.

You are correct. I didn't know that was their records. I don't know I just don't ever remember them being that good, and they always seemed to be disorganzied.

cyfar hit on it; their main handicap was Aaron Brooks. If Haslett had Drew Brees back there, who knows but that he would still be their HC. He's a defensive guy, not the offensive "guru" (lol) that Sean Payton is supposed to be, but he would have done a lot more damage with a QB who didn't seem to WANT to give games away.

:cheers:

Someone did bring up the interesting point of Saunders being the OC for that squad. That worries me a bit. Maybe he could pull some bs out of that 700 page playbook that could blow up a secondary that's very similar to one that he has seen on a day to day basis for 2 seasons. Oh, and not to mention that they've had 2 weeks to prepare for us. The Skins play this week will be the true test as to how mentally strong this team is.

A week off and the players didn't like the ousted coach anyways so they will want to win for their new coach. Some games can be won by emotions alone. It is the most powerful x and o formula out there. ;)

I fully agree but i dont think the rams hav enough emotions built up to beat us @ home rite now. Emotions do play a BIG part (ex. week 1 vs NYG) but i think we should be ok. The main thing I'm worried about is the fact that Al Saunders is VERY familiar with this defense. Greg Blatche really didnt change much of the same things Gregg Williams already had in place. He jus chooses not to blitz as much. But it should still be a blowout

Well, let's see. It might have had something to do with Hurricane Katrina, which forced the Saints to relocate to San Antonio, play 3 home games at the Alamodome, 4 at LSU's stadium and 1 which wasn't even remotely close to a home game at all, at the Meadowlands against the Giants. Not to mention how the players were distracted by their families and friends lives, and also their own, being disrupted by the disaster. Throw in the extra travelling and schedule juggling and you've got one hell of a difficult season.

Or maybe he was just a buffoon. You tell me -

yup hes a buffoon

Archived