Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie Wide Outs

Ant15fromNJ

Try-out for the Bucs cheer squad?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Try-out for the Bucs cheer squad?

I no Kelly is always injured and we are waiting to see what he can do once he gets on the field but this is more about Devin. I dont get to watch all the games like you guys living in the area and me living in NJ but how does everyone feel about Devin progressing. I see he keeps on getting offensive penilties but the guy is a freak. Size speed hes really got it all once he catches it. I really think if he starts to contribute and takes over as the #3 WR for Trash our offense will be that much better he can stretch that field and Im just waiting to see him catch a 50 yard bomb from Campbell. I really have high hopes for Devin Thomas I think he can be a scary player to play in the comming years and hopefully this year also. What does everyone else think???

:helmet::logo:

i agree with you, he's an athletic freak who can really do some damage. I've seen every game so far, he's progressing well. He had easily his best game yesterday, had a clutch 3rd down reception and looked really good on the screen pass. He really impressed me on the screen, he looked so athletic once he caught the ball. Either way, i think he has a bright future and can't wait for him to stop making rookie mistakes and get into the 3rd receiver spot.

I like him. I think he's gonna be a good pick up for us. He'll get it together.

JZ said after the penalty he was going to go lay into him but he got there too late. Randy Thomas and others were already in his grill.

I am going to say this, and say this now, all three rookies will be contributing by the end of the season.

We all know Zorn has plays dreamed up for these guys, it will take some games, but the good thing is, our offense is really clicking without the help of Davis and Kelly. I think they can only make our offense better when the time comes.

Z man is a little more patient than us fans are.

I obviously has the physical attributes. He ran a solid route against Asant Samuel and went up high for the ball he caught. He has quickness, speed, and size. At least he didn't push of Samuel.

The P.I. call was him just being a rookie, agressive, and excited. I can forgive him for it.

The beauty of this right now is, we don't need them right now. We can continue to teach them and ease them into the game.

That is why you go BPA, because you never have to rush them into the game until they are ready. Drafting off need, forces those players to play right away and no all are ready.

Im predicting Devin Thomas comes alive these next 3 weeks. Theyre drawing up plays to get him teh ball (the screen) and JC had faith throwing it up to him when he was covered vs Arizona. Hes coming along. Hopefully Davis can contribute by the end of the year, Kelly, eh. Someone on here called it a "redshirt year" and i think thats pretty accurate projection

You can definately see him getting better every week. The beauty of the big 3rd down catch yesterday was he made Asante Samuel, one of the best Cbs in the league, fall down when he made his break back to the ball. The PI was a rookie mistake, but I think he just started blocking a little early. You could tell the play was designed for Moss short, and DT was supposed to block once Moss caught it. He just started blocking early. He's making progress. I don't know what to make of Kelly though. He just can't seem to heal properly. The next 3 teams have really weak secondaries. He should make some good strides against them.

How many rookies wr's not named Marques Colston make big impacts? I think Thomas and Kelly will be good...next year. This year you may see a few games here and there but they are going to be inconsistent.

The real test to see what we have in the two of them is next year.

I just cant wait for the day I get NFL sunday ticket its been my dream my whole life to watch every Redskin game now I listen to it on the radio and on NFL.com the field thing.

Aren't there any restaurants or sports bars near you that show all the games? That's how I see them all out here.

You can definately see him getting better every week. The beauty of the big 3rd down catch yesterday was he made Asante Samuel, one of the best Cbs in the league, fall down when he made his break back to the ball. The PI was a rookie mistake, but I think he just started blocking a little early. You could tell the play was designed for Moss short, and DT was supposed to block once Moss caught it. He just started blocking early. He's making progress. I don't know what to make of Kelly though. He just can't seem to heal properly. The next 3 teams have really weak secondaries. He should make some good strides against them.

Exactly. That penalty was just him being a little to quick on the block. But his blocking looked good. He'll get it. That 3rd down catch was great too. Like you said he got open on Samuel, caught the ball and took the hit. Nothing spectacular, but a big play for a rookie to make in a big game. Looked like a real pro on that one.

3 offensive pass interference calls canceling out sevral first downs

4 catches 40 yard

1 rush 16 yards

Year to date he has = about 0 yards after subtracting penality yards

May turn into a real contributor by his third year.

on the plus he has done more then the other 2 2nd rounders

WR's seldom produce the first year (I herby note the exceptions of Desean Jackson & the Bronco's WR).

but, but but. I could have sworn these draft picks were wasted because we had depth there.:laugh:

In all seriousness, these guys will end up contributing in the long run. Luckily, they are not needed so much right now.

Thomas is getting some reps and is playing better each week. Malcolm is hurt and the "redshirt year" sounds about right.

Davis will get his time. Right now he is playing behind Yoder who is 31 years old and known for his blocking rather than his hands. Davis needs to block better and learn to play the position in the NFL. I suspect he will supplant Yoder by next season.

:2cents:

How many rookies wr's not named Marques Colston make big impacts?

Well, just from this year, I can definitely name Desean Jackson, James Hardy and Eddie Royal.

Jordy Nelson has also contributed some.

Others, like Thomas/Kelly for us, Jerome Simpson, Limas Sweed, Dexter Jackson haven't done much at all.

But it is true that year three is usually the big "leap year" for wideouts, and I'm content to be very patient with our guys.

My hope is that by opening day next year, either Thomas or Kelly will be the starter across from Moss, with El moved into the slot and Thrash phased out to just special teams.

Archived