Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Don Banks Finally Showing Some Love

kevincollateral

please dont rip me if this was posted..i didnt see it anywhere!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/don_banks/09/28/week4.snaps/index.html

• There was not a thing fluky about the Redskins' road upset of the previously 3-0 Cowboys. Washington beat Dallas soundly, even though the final score was only 26-24. This should put a dose of smelling salts under the Cowboys' noses, because while they generated talk of being the NFL's best team in the season's first three weeks, the reality is they're not even the best team in their division. In fact, they're not even the second-best team in the NFC East. I'll take the Giants (3-0) and the Redskins (3-1) over them, and the Eagles are just a half-step behind.

What a division. It's a shame the NFC East can't supply three wild-card playoff teams.

Man, I was still livid from reading his article he wrote last week.

"Winning teams that won't make playoffs; losing teams that will."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/don_banks/09/26/snap.judgments/index.html?eref=si_topstories

If I were forced to pick three teams that have winning records after three weeks but will still miss the playoffs, I'd go with:

1. Washington (2-1): The Redskins might very well match last year's 9-7 record and still wind up in last place in the rugged NFC East. With Washington at Dallas and at Philadelphia the next two games, we're going to know precisely where the Redskins fit into the division landscape by the close of Week 5.

Nothing like warm crow. yummm. :hungry:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/don_banks/09/26/snap.judgments/index.html?eref=si_topstories

Well, he got the part about knowing exactly where the 'Skins rank after the next two weeks. So far, pretty good. Next week is going to be harder.

Well, to play Devil's advocate...Banks doesn't actually say anything out of line here. The guy's just saying that the 'Skins could go 9-7 and still miss the playoffs. Entirely possible; do I want it to happen? Of course not, but is it possible? Well, yea...Look, I'm unbelievably ecstatic over the W today, but just because we're 3-1 doesn't mean we're guaranteed the playoffs...

Christ, '3-1' looks beautiful typed out...

Hail.:cheers:

I agreed 100% with what Banks was saying, I even felt the same way. Until we get through the first 5 games it was going to be hard to say where this team was at. Knowing we played all 3 NFCE teams, being able to see how they handle those 3 road games is critical and I honestly would have been happy with 2-3 if they played well and kept the games close. But to my surprise, having a shot to come out of this first 5 game stretch at 4-1 is pretty amazing.

You can't really argue against Banks with us having a new coach and new offensive system but for all those people constantly up in arms about getting respect, as you already seeing tonight, we're getting it now and how do you get it? You win ball games and keep winning, simple as that.

though to be fair to Banks, he's one of the only commentators that doesn't make it a point to consistently bash or downplay us.

that, and what he said about ST after his death (all good things, said that ST was his favorite playmaker ever since the Philly game in 2004 and he knew in that game that ST would be a phenomenal safety) made me think more of Banks.

I can't wait till I hear the biggest redskin basher in the world' date=' colin Cowherd explain how a team that can't draft well beat the best team in the NFC.[/quote']

Yeah this is the real one I want to hear. He said last week he would take back what he said if the Redskins could beat Dallas and Philly. Well Cowturd we are halfway there. I cant wait to hear his excuses. I dont think Ill be able to hear it today so if someone does please post.

Also, how important is it that we will have gotten all of our division away games out of the way by week 5. Freaking sweet in the long run I think.

Archived