Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell staring down receivers...

buzz1522

Didnt see this posted anywhere and certainly not trying to be a killjoy but I think Ive noticed that Jason has a tendency to stare down his receiver....anyone pick up on that or am I just in shell shock that we're actually 2-1? Discuss...:dallasuck

It was discussed heatedly and at great length after we lost to the Giants. Interestingly enough, everyone's been quiet the past two weeks. No one calling for Colt Brennan to start, no one talking about how much JC sucks and was a waste of a draft pick. It's been pretty refreshing actually. I fear that if we lose to Dallas, it will start all over again.

To answer your question...in short, he's gotten much better, I've noticed him actually scan the field and go to second and third targets. I'm sure he will relapse here and there, but I believe Zorn is a good teacher, and I believe Campbell will be the QB of this team for the next few years at minimum.

What I meant was I noticed it during the Cardinals game and usually if there something to pick at the announcers are all over it...he came close to throwing a pick a couple of times and it looked like he was doing it both times. The announcers never said anything though...

I fear that if we lose to Dallas, it will start all over again.

Oh, it will.. And I`ll be in on it too :)

If JC looks like he did @NY.. Or if he just plain plays bad.

I will be the 1st to start the CB5 chants.

Two decent games do NOT buy you two really bad ones.

I am really hoping that JC continues to improve.

ESPECIALLY THIS WEEK!

Go JC! Go Skins! BEAT DALLAS!

:point2sky

PS~ Horton is awesome

two decent games?

the saints game was a great game. over 300 yards passing and a couple tds. the cards game was a good game. not as good as the saint, but still. i think both games were more than just 'decent'

False, for it to be a great game, Brennan would have to be QB, come on man, you know that.

Guest isjoining
JC needs to look for Devin Thomas more since the safetys and corners are tending to cheat ove to cover Moss/Cooley/EL. The Arizona game had Devin open on several plays but JC did not appear to be aware of that option.

I agree, but I think its because thomas may be the 3rd or 4th read and if JC is going through his progressions, he's going to throw to whoever he sees open first.

In the Giants game, he stared down his receivers on a couple of occasions. I think that you're mistaking the difference between knowing when the coverage has rolled to one side and the qb finding the man to man coverage quickly and blatantly staring down his first progression. There's a difference and most people wouldn't know the difference especially if you're not skilled at reading coverages on film. Also, you're not going to know whether or not he's going through his progressions on every play. His stripe is supposed to stay perpendicular to the line of scrimmage.

Signed,

Jaws

Didnt see this posted anywhere and certainly not trying to be a killjoy but I think Ive noticed that Jason has a tendency to stare down his receiver....anyone pick up on that or am I just in shell shock that we're actually 2-1? Discuss...:dallasuck

If Campbell is staring down receivers, where are the INT's that come along with it?

Thought so.

Next. :dallasuck

Archived