Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Police: Rodney King Slams SUV Into House

stratoman

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=519&ncid=519&e=3&u=/ap/20030415/ap_on_re_us/rodney_king_2

RIALTO, Calif. - Rodney King, whose videotaped beating led to the deadly 1992 riots in Los Angeles, was hospitalized with a broken pelvis after he lost control of his SUV while weaving through traffic at 100 mph and crashed into a house, police said.

King, 39, was spotted Sunday by a police officer who said King was speeding and weaving through traffic in his 2003 Ford Expedition when he slammed into a utility pole, a chain-link fence and then the home, police said. No one in the home was injured.

King was in fair condition Monday afternoon, hospital spokesman Jorge Valencia said. His condition was not available Tuesday as hospital officials did not answer phone calls.

Police said they suspect that King was intoxicated, and a blood sample was drawn to determine his blood-alcohol level. Test results have not yet been released.

King was not arrested, but a report detailing the crash circumstances will be submitted to prosecutors, police Lt. Kathy Thompson said.

King, who is black, was chased by police through the San Fernando Valley in 1991 and was captured on videotape being beaten by four white officers.

After their acquittal, riots broke out and lasted for four days, leaving 55 dead and more than 2,000 injured. The mayhem caused $1 billion in property damage.

King later received a $3.8 million settlement from the city of Los Angeles in 1994.

He was convicted of spouse abuse in 1999 in San Bernardino County and was sentenced to 90 days in jail and four years probation.

King pleaded no contest to three counts of being under the influence of PCP and a count of indecent exposure in October 2001. A judge gave King a year in a drug treatment center even though a prosecutor argued King should spend a year in county jail.

Rialto, where King lives, is 53 miles east of Los Angeles.

I like what Howard Stern said in his book 'Private Parts'

"If King had been arrested in NY city, the cops would have given him donuts and coffee, taken him into the station, then bet the $hit out of him. No video no fuss" :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You guys have no heart. Seriously. He's made mistakes in his life, but who hasn't. We all probably know someone worse than him. And saying he should have been shot years ago that night is a horrible statement to make. You'll should feel atleast somewhat sorry for him. Man I cant wait until the season begins. Redskins football is all you guys are good at talking about.

Originally posted by Champ24Bailey

You guys have no heart. Seriously. He's made mistakes in his life, but who hasn't. We all probably know someone worse than him. And saying he should have been shot years ago that night is a horrible statement to make. You'll should feel atleast somewhat sorry for him. Man I cant wait until the season begins. Redskins football is all you guys are good at talking about.

Know someone worse than him? You mean someone who drove while high on methamphetamines and drunk through miles of residential streets at 80-100 mph and running stop signs?

Someone who was convicted of spousal abuse and indecent exposure in two separate incidents?

Someone who in another incident was being pulled over while driving for being high on PCP?

And finally someone who then repeated his transgressions by driving intoxicated at high speed in a residential area once again, only to plow into a house?

Sorry, I don't know anyone like that. And while the beating was severe and against the rules, don't tell me it wasn't deserved at least in part on some level. This guy's going to get someone killed someday. At this point, I can only hope that he kills himself first for the sake of the community.

I said probably guys. I should have said "might" know someone worse than him. You did say one thing right though......

Originally posted by redman

the beating was severe and against the rules,

If you were in King's shoes that night, you would not think that it was in some way your fault, because it wouldn't have been. It was his fault he did what he did in his car before they pulled him over, but after that the blame can only be put on the cops. The report defending the Cops said that King kept trying to get up. Bull****. They beat him excessively considering that they could have put handcuffs on him after the first what........15 blows, or after he started losing blood.

Sorry pal, but that doesn't fly either. I'm nowhere near King's shoes because I don't get loaded up on meth and alcohol and go blowing down residential streets for miles with cops following me the whole way.

The shoes I stand in are the people in the neighborhood who'd like to be able to walk with their kids and their pets safely in their neighborhood, if that's not too much to ask.

I'm a lawyer, and I've said all along the cops broke the rules. But on a moral level, King deserved to get roughed up. Ask yourself one question: who endangered more lives that night, the cops or King?

Originally posted by GGB81

The cops were definitely wrong. So was King. The Cops being wrong does not make King a good person. He's a scumbag whose rights were violated. Still makes him a scumbag.

That pretty much nails it right there!

BTW, Champ, are you aware there was a segment on the tape which never made it to TV where King jumped one of the officers prior to the beating?

Also, there were two other people in the car who surrendered to police, and were not harmed.

I am not by any means condoning the beating, but I absolutely believe this guy has gotten way too many second and third chances. At some point, he is probably going to commit vehicular manslaughter. I just wonder if the justice system will finally have the balls to lock him away when he does.

well redman imagine you were in his shoes. Nobody on this board is near his shoes.

Question............ how come some can say something like.......................... imagine you were in the president's shoes, but i cant put you in king's shoes? You are probably more likely to be in king's shoes than the presidents shoes anyway.

So many drunk and high drivers have done what King did (resist arrest and speed) and didn't get roughed up for it, because they shouldn't have been. King either, but because he did he stands out.

King is a scumbag whose rights were violated. I never said he was a good person.

You said:

You'll should feel atleast somewhat sorry for him.

And we were saying we should not. He did something wrong...then he did it wrong again, and compounded it with several other crimes. He is a criminal who is unable to learn from his mistakes. It may be due to a mental issue, or he must just be a sh1tty person.

Here's an idea:

He should stop breaking the law.

Let's expend energy feeling sorry for people and causes that warrant some sympathy.

Originally posted by redman

I don't get loaded up on meth and alcohol and go blowing down residential streets for miles with cops following me the whole way.

Don't lie Redman. We all know you have that portable meth lab in the back of your SUV. :silly:

Well 20+ yrs ago my brother (DRUNK) led the P.G.County police on a 100mph chase from Upper Marlboro to Greenbelt. When he finally stopped (after blowing both right side tires running up on a curb) 8 cops beat the sh!t out of him. Broke 2 fingers and was bruised and swollen from heel to head. Knots all over him.

AND HE DESERVED EVERY BIT OF IT!

It's like Redman said about King, he endangered a lot of people on the road. Could have killed any of them. Not to mention the cops. Who nationwide get a bad rap.

And, it is precisely because of the beginning of the King tape, that was hardly ever shown (I never saw it until after the first trial, and I watch a lot of news) that I said they should have shot him. I didn't say kill him. (although it would have been no great loss to society) He did jump up and make a move toward an officer after initially obeying the officer and laying face down on the ground. Getting up and making a move like he did could easily be taken as a threat. He was much bigger than the cop too. A shot to the knee might have kept him down and prevented the whole circus. Then the thugs in LA would of had to find a different reason to riot and loot and assault innocent people.

Oh by the way, my brother was white. (still is) There was no law suit. He new that he ask for it.

A couple of points here. First, this dude has got to be one of the biggest pieces of sh!t on the planet. Not to mention the dumbest. I mean, how much do they let him get away with before he kills someone? The sad thing is, after 91 the cops are probably scared to do anything to him for fear of being sued or what not.

Second, the cops that baet the crap out of him did exactly what they were supposed to do. My Dad was a cop for 42 years and had his own comments on that incident. Cops are authorized to use what they deem appropriate levels of force to subdue a$$holes. Generally they use the next level of force of what the perp is displaying. King had no weapons, so they were authorized to use batons. Every time King was told to get down and he did not, the cops were authorized to beat him. EVERY TIME. It doesn't matter if there was one cop there or twenty. The fact that there was more than one is because crackheads are hard to control. A single cop can't handle that. Sometimes it takes ten cops. Where these cops messed up was the fact that they got in a few extra licks when he did finally stay down. If the cops had gone to trial and simply said "We chased his a$$ all over LA, he was doped up,and he would not stop resisting arrest. The only reason for the extra licks was the adrenaline was flowing" If they had just said that, they probably would have walked. But they tried to get cute and cover up.

Now for todays event. I wonder what the spin would be if he had plowed some kids during his NASCAR tryout? Maybe if someone would give him a monthly tune up, he would change his ways. After he recovers, they should beat the hell out of him for what he did, then give him another for the next stupid thing he is bound to do.

Archived