Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC: Sellers Misses Practice: Kelly Doesn't Practice Fully

SkinsAllDay34

I think kelly will eventually get fully healthy soon and if not play in the dallas game, definitely against philly. He could be huge for us in the redzone with the jump ball situations. He will be important for us, but what i take out of this is that with him out Devin Thomas gets alot of reps and is getting better each week. Good comes out of bad.

I wish we would have shut him down and put him on IR before the season started. It would give his brittle knees ample time to heal and it would have created a roster spot for a player like McMullin maybe, or Mix or Mason. Kelly with a bum knee, taking up a roster spot does nothing for Washington if when he does comes back it is at 75% or 85%.

I had a Sooner's fan tell me that Kelly would quit on the Skins when he was needed the most. I never did like the pick. I didn't like his combine (and they way he reacted to his combine), or his knees.

I'm a Sooner fan as well, and while Kelly was a beast in many of the games in which he played, he'd disappear in big games far too often and also displayed the same fragility he's showing here in D.C.

I didn't want the Cowboys to draft him because of those fragile legs.

I honestly don't think he'll have 100 receptions in his entire career.

If it wasn't for ES and Redskins.com I wouldn't even remember Kelly was on the team. Dude needs to figure out a way to stay healthy.

Yeah I don't get it. It seems like his injuries don't get better, they just get worse over time. He had the knee scope and was only supposed to be out for a couple weeks. That turned into many weeks as his knee just got worse and swelled more. Then he sprains his ankle and instead of getting better it sounds like it is getting worse. Taped up like a cast? WTF is he doing when he goes home every night, playing Dance Dance Revolution for hours on end?

All this talk about Kelly, when IMHO Sellers is a bigger impact if he can't play. Look, Kelly is a rookie WR. Rookie WR's generally don't produce much their first year anyway. Thomas, Davis, and Kelly will get in the game and perform within 1-2 seasons, and until then we have Moss, Randal El, Cooley, and Thrash who are respectable targets (Thrash needs to work on his hands some though).

Last year our running game stalled when Sellers was out. Neither Betts nor Cartwright bring the lead blocking ability Sellers has. I wish we had grabbed Schmitt from WVU just for situations like this :(

All this talk about Kelly, when IMHO Sellers is a bigger impact if he can't play. Look, Kelly is a rookie WR. Rookie WR's generally don't produce much their first year anyway. Thomas, Davis, and Kelly will get in the game and perform within 1-2 seasons, and until then we have Moss, Randal El, Cooley, and Thrash who are respectable targets (Thrash needs to work on his hands some though).

Last year our running game stalled when Sellers was out. Neither Betts nor Cartwright bring the lead blocking ability Sellers has. I wish we had grabbed Schmitt from WVU just for situations like this :(

I dont think Betts or Rock will be lead blocking for anybody regardless of whos injured.

Just heard on the lockerroom that Kelly is hobbiling around on the practice field, Sellars was a full go, looks like Jansen will be starting bc Heyer was limited.

Archived